5 fishing boats vs 4 vills?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Probably if you have all the market upgrades, 4v is slightly better than 5 boats (maybe). But if you also have boats from your consulate, I think you can send your orchards 1 shipment later. If the enemy doesn't have 2 caravels in his deck isnt 5 boats OP as faq?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I guess it indeed depends much on whether your enemy cares about the sea or not. Without 2 caravels, those boats are like unraidable vils with almost infinite resources. On the other hand, only shipping 5 boats means no dock to garrison them into ' so if your opponent ships caravels, you're likely to basically lose them for free.

About market upgrades, i guess they make 4 vils being better, but not by much anyway so i don't think it is what really matters. Whether your 4 vils are going to get idled in your tc or raided and whether your boats are going to get destroyed is more important imo.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

kaiserklein wrote:I guess it indeed depends much on whether your enemy cares about the sea or not. Without 2 caravels, those boats are like unraidable vils with almost infinite resources. On the other hand, only shipping 5 boats means no dock to garrison them into ' so if your opponent ships caravels, you''re likely to basically lose them for free.

About market upgrades, i guess they make 4 vils being better, but not by much anyway so i don''t think it is what really matters. Whether your 4 vils are going to get idled in your tc or raided and whether your boats are going to get destroyed is more important imo.
++

sometimes you do get against people with no water deck at all, in this cases, i''would also favor 5boats. (2x)
but if oponent has caravels in deck, not woth it imo...

but tbh, as long as he dont scout the boats (and it isnt a tad map with water revealed) you could easily get those ninja boats gathering the whole game without him ever realizing..
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

4v better because as jap you are going to upgrade the market. Unless you boom with the sea (on that case you upgrade the dock) you don't have to send those boats because they gather less than vills. If you see the opponent harassing your vills in time you can protect them from the raids.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I would send it on a water map if my opponent didn't pick a water deck since they can't be forced into the tc which often happens to japan. Also 4 vill with full market on food is barely better than 5 boats on food and the 5 boats don't use up cherries.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think the base gather rates for fish are significantly lower than for berries still. And it surely is with market ups. Thats what my conclusion was a few years ago, I dont remember the details though.

If you expect to be rushed (iro opponent for example), 5 boats (and 3 boats for that matter) could be really good though.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Fish is 0,67 f/s and whales are 0,5 g/s, the same as berries/mills and plants.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

i will go for 5 boats ') :D
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:Fish is 0,67 f/s and whales are 0,5 g/s, the same as berries/mills and plants.

oh really? I must have thought Japan had hunts too back then or sth xd
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:
edeholland wrote:Fish is 0,67 f/s and whales are 0,5 g/s, the same as berries/mills and plants.
oh really? I must have thought Japan had hunts too back then or sth xd
sth?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
jerom wrote:oh really? I must have thought Japan had hunts too back then or sth xd
sth?
something?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

5 ships
with 4 vills you will have to send berry bush earlier.

Post by Marco1698 »

paul wrote:5 ships

not so much earlier. Just 4v
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

marco1698 wrote:
paul wrote:5 ships
not so much earlier. Just 4v
Did you ever even play japs? Got a rec/replay?

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:
marco1698 wrote: not so much earlier. Just 4v
Did you ever even play japs? Got a rec/replay?

lol jap is maybe the best civ I use. Anyway I dont rec my games anymore and if I do it I wouldnt post even
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

marco1698 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Did you ever even play japs? Got a rec/replay?
lol jap is maybe the best civ I use. Anyway I dont rec my games anymore and if I do it I wouldnt post even
Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span] [/span]

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:
marco1698 wrote: lol jap is maybe the best civ I use. Anyway I dont rec my games anymore and if I do it I wouldnt post even
Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span][/span]

lol

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:
marco1698 wrote: lol jap is maybe the best civ I use. Anyway I dont rec my games anymore and if I do it I wouldnt post even
Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span][/span]

who fucking care about what esoc thinks about me. I dont have to show nothing. Look my elo I am pr 28 (Tad) and I have beaten some prs 26-27. So i dont get your point. If you are just a random guy of this community only good at criticise then you have only to talk alone. I dont talk with haters. I dont have to show you my skill and I dont post replays because I am not as good as I have to be for posting recs. I just admit it even I dont noob bash. If I reach good pr I will post recs games in the future
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

marco1698 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span][/span]
who fucking care about what esoc thinks about me. I dont have to show nothing. Look my elo I am pr 28 (Tad) and I have beaten some prs 26-27. So i dont get your point. If you are just a random guy of this community only good at criticise then you have only to talk alone. I dont talk with haters. I dont have to show you my skill and I dont post replays because I am not as good as I have to be for posting recs. I just admit it even I dont noob bash. If I reach good pr I will post recs games in the future

the idea is that youd beat a lot of pr 26-27s if you were pr 28 lol

Post by Marco1698 »

jerom wrote:
marco1698 wrote: who fucking care about what esoc thinks about me. I dont have to show nothing. Look my elo I am pr 28 (Tad) and I have beaten some prs 26-27. So i dont get your point. If you are just a random guy of this community only good at criticise then you have only to talk alone. I dont talk with haters. I dont have to show you my skill and I dont post replays because I am not as good as I have to be for posting recs. I just admit it even I dont noob bash. If I reach good pr I will post recs games in the future
the idea is that youd beat a lot of pr 26-27s if you were pr 28 lol

I cant because I played a lot of nilla these days. When I will return on tad I will bash other pr 27 there.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

marco1698 wrote:
jerom wrote:the idea is that youd beat a lot of pr 26-27s if you were pr 28 lol
I cant because I played a lot of nilla these days. When I will return on tad I will bash other pr 27 there.
But you always dodge me.. otherwise you could have bashed me many more times :(
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:
Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span] [/span]
The Monassery Calf just went there, got some Repentant Manchu and came back!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

marco1698 wrote:who fucking care about what esoc thinks about me

marco1698 wrote:
bpdscolony123 wrote:very good thread,blackstar!we need more people like you to make this interesting and educated threads!not some boring people like Ovi12 or Marco.
lol I think the community prefer more me than you.

marco1698 wrote:If you are just a random guy of this community

yeah hes just a random admin

the thing is you give so much feedback on every possible topic without any explanation or your personal experience or you just agree with other peoples thoughts withouth writing anything else
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

marco1698 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Would like to see you win against somebody who doesnt completely suck though, because on ELO its mostly noobbashing and point trading. You keep saying you want more recs also, so why not post some yourself? Seriously, if you want to be recognized as a decent player, you gotta show us what you have got.[span] [/span]
I am not trying to hate, but I want to challenge to to prove yourself. Because you respond with lots of strategies and opinions, but I dont know how much they are worth at the moment. Yes, you are a captain, but you have done lots of noobbashing and point-trading, you cannot deny that. You dont need to have any level for posting recs, because high-level players can help you and give you good tips. Im only trying to make sure what you say is received in the correct way, but it seems like you dont care what people think about you, so its logical for everybody to ignore the comments you have about strategy and such.

Anyways, lets not have this discussion here, its a bit off-topic and I should be preventing that :p Just my explanation for the questions I had for you

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yCtk9yP.png[/img]
You cant deny its noobbashing against ELO 2000- and point trading against fal and syj...[/spoiler]

Post by Marco1698 »

edeholland wrote:
marco1698 wrote: who fucking care about what esoc thinks about me. I dont have to show nothing. Look my elo I am pr 28 (Tad) and I have beaten some prs 26-27. So i dont get your point. If you are just a random guy of this community only good at criticise then you have only to talk alone. I dont talk with haters. I dont have to show you my skill and I dont post replays because I am not as good as I have to be for posting recs. I just admit it even I dont noob bash. If I reach good pr I will post recs games in the future
I am not trying to hate, but I want to challenge to to prove yourself. Because you respond with lots of strategies and opinions, but I dont know how much they are worth at the moment. Yes, you are a captain, but you have done lots of noobbashing and point-trading, you cannot deny that. You dont need to have any level for posting recs, because high-level players can help you and give you good tips. Im only trying to make sure what you say is received in the correct way, but it seems like you dont care what people think about you, so its logical for everybody to ignore the comments you have about strategy and such.

Anyways, lets not have this discussion here, its a bit off-topic and I should be preventing that :p Just my explanation for the questions I had for you

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yCtk9yP.png[/img]
You cant deny its noobbashing against ELO 2000- and point trading against fal and syj...[/spoiler]

hmm I dont want helps from other players I just want improve myself without any advice. Also i played qs on that period and you see it from 0 seconds played vs just random noobs. If some friends 1 lieut wants to play me rated I dont refuse and play. I am not a noob basher but really what you think its pretty nonetheless. I know what my skill is so keep flame more. I dont care :) thats make you angry because you try to flame a guy who doesnt care what ppl say. You can say also I am a sergeant. Its not relevant for me :). Now end of discussion I wont discuss more about this. By the way its pretty funny how many of you forgot this is a game and there is a life behind.