How to Deal with France as Germany

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I just got my ass handed to me on Yukon by a French player. I started tp and went for a 5 cav semi' I shipped 8 xbow while aging to chase off his mass of musks. It was fairly back and forth, but his constant hussar pressure kept me bottled up in my base for most of the game. I finally ended up dying when his hussars managed to kill off my 8 skirm shipment.

So how does Germany win this? I am confident I can beat France in Fortress with Germany's superior shipmens, but how do I survive a colonial push? Do I go xbow/pike/uhlan (or dopp/uhlan with the xbow shipment) and eventually age? Do I straight FF? All opinions are appreciated.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Just go normal cav semi, vs french you should be able to hold without 8 crossbowmen. If he is idling your vills very aggressively it means you can also raid him very aggressively. An undisturbed semi ff should age up around 7:40, so try to aim for that.

If he is idling you with musks in your base, keep vills in TC and keep popping SW in and out of TC to either punch the musks or gather resources (punch better if possible).
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yukon isnt exactly a semi ff map. So I wouldn't be very happy to have to play a semi ff there.
Anyway Yukon pretty much has 3 setups depending on luck. 1) you have a 2nd hunt 2) the opponent has a 2nd hunt 3) both have a 2nd hunts but somone has it in the right side
If the opponent doesn't have a 2nd hunt tower rushing is pretty much gg. French can hold the rush but will lose to the contain unless they sneak some vills on far hunts.
Alternatively if you don't know his hunt situation but you know you have a 2nd hunt you can probably just cav semi and since the rush distance is fairly long you have good chances to hold the classic 8-9 min push. You don't have room to kite behind the TC tho.
Image Image Image
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

Out of curiosity do you ever use wall segments? I know they are not super popular with lots of players, but just putting up a few wall segments in the right places can delay his raids or force them to come from a specific side/angle. This can make them a lot easier to deal with and give your villagers some much needed time to continue gathering.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

einfein wrote:Out of curiosity do you ever use wall segments? I know they are not super popular with lots of players, but just putting up a few wall segments in the right places can delay his raids or force them to come from a specific side/angle. This can make them a lot easier to deal with and give your villagers some much needed time to continue gathering.
Everybody knows they''re super good, but people don''t use them because they''re lame (way too good LOS fo 5 wood), like how people don''t use otto and iro :P
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ovi12 wrote:
einfein wrote:Out of curiosity do you ever use wall segments? I know they are not super popular with lots of players, but just putting up a few wall segments in the right places can delay his raids or force them to come from a specific side/angle. This can make them a lot easier to deal with and give your villagers some much needed time to continue gathering.
Everybody knows theyre super good, but people dont use them because theyre lame (way too good LOS fo 5 wood), like how people dont use otto and iro :P

No.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
Everybody knows theyre super good, but people dont use them because theyre lame (way too good LOS fo 5 wood), like how people dont use otto and iro :P
so kynesie is an amoral bastard? XD
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

zoom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Everybody knows theyre super good, but people dont use them because theyre lame (way too good LOS fo 5 wood), like how people dont use otto and iro :P
No.
Yes zoi stop confusing everybody lol
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Everybody knows theyre super good, but people dont use them because theyre lame (way too good LOS fo 5 wood), like how people dont use otto and iro :P
Yes
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
jerom wrote:so kynesie is an amoral bastard? XD
Yes
okay, I didnt know. Let me adjust my opinion on him.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Yes
YW
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Yes
:w00t:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

jerom wrote:
Kynesie always deletes small walls actually :p, the one who does that is king Umeu ')
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Deleting small wall pieces is not lame. Simply it's a smart move and kynesie as one of the best players profit about that. German is a better civ than fre tbh
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Actually it's exactly as lame as random wall segments. Both are unintended exploits.