When should you stop making pikes?

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

As long as the game is in a stage that you consider to be early to mid game you're fine with making pikes. After the macro becomes harder because you're adding hussars it's quite an easy step to also switch to musketeers.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think its kinda related to when you feel like you can affort the gold market ups.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Maybe just start lb musk instead of lb pike? You will figure out the macro after a bit of practice.

Overgathering gold is not a problem since you can happily but 100w now and then.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Imo its not the theoretical tougher macro, but the fact that youll otherwise need 6 market ups rather than 4. Pikes do the job in small numbers just fine.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:Imo its not the theoretical tougher macro, but the fact that youll otherwise need 6 market ups rather than 4. Pikes do the job in small numbers just fine.
You only have to get placer mines, chip chip chip
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

chip n dale chip n dale chip n dale rescue rangers!
[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRXz1hXNn0"][/video]
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
jerom wrote:Imo its not the theoretical tougher macro, but the fact that youll otherwise need 6 market ups rather than 4. Pikes do the job in small numbers just fine.
You only have to get placer mines, chip chip chip

yeah I suppose. Maybe you just want to switch over really quickly then. I never really understood people making pikes that well honestly. They are inferior to musks in almost every aspect and only a few (i think its 6) vs cheaper.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:You only have to get placer mines, chip chip chip
yeah I suppose. Maybe you just want to switch over really quickly then. I never really understood people making pikes that well honestly. They are inferior to musks in almost every aspect and only a few (i think its 6) vs cheaper.
Yes me too, I made a thread about it and the only answer I got was "What the other inf needs to just cover the lb, and pike do a better job at that and cheaper than musks". Not very detailed
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Pikes mass faster because you are using crates to mass them. Also people make too few pikes usually and too many bows, causing them to lose to cav. Also if u make pike instead of musk it means all your gold can be used for hussars. I prefer musk for greedy defensive play, but if you want to be agressive like bow pike vs dutch, you need pike because musk wouldnt be enough
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Pikes mass faster because you are using crates to mass them. Also people make too few pikes usually and too many bows, causing them to lose to cav. Also if u make pike instead of musk it means all your gold can be used for hussars. I prefer musk for greedy defensive play, but if you want to be agressive like bow pike vs dutch, you need pike because musk wouldnt be enough
Im pretty sure you can get constant 5 lb musk from rax tho just like u can get pike? Also, musk are better than pike so you dont need as many anyway?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

From 1 rax ye, not 2.

Also musk arent that much better in small numbers to protect ur lb, id say a bit worse even, being less mobile and having to switch modes. Pike have more siege too, which you need when attacking.

I prefer musk lb in many cases but musk arent always the better choice.