Aizamk Portuguese 10/10 Rush

India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

aizamk wrote:Unfortunately, the port 10/10 cannot be expressed in words, so I am unable to provide a writeup.
Why not? Your strategy requires high attention in this community and Portuguese players.

The #cowhax says that "Every strategy is a master piece if it is an Aizamk build". A strategy is write-able.

You''re going to write this, yourself!

#cowhax hype pls
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

venox wrote:What about a musket or hussar semi? Not viable enough?
I didn''t mean only pure ff, in fact I was opposing rush builds to age 2 eco builds. You can ff or semi ff (even FI or whatever), you can rush, but you can''t really play brit-style for late age 2 because you are too weak for most other civs timing (7-10 min). You will have 30-40 vils then, just like france or germany for example but with less mass because you invested so much in those vils
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Actually with enough hunts the portuguese boom soon enough beats the french or german boom and comes pretty close to the british boom and that you have less units out at minute 7-10 is counteracted by the fact that you got 12 minutemen and tc fire and with a nice building wall it shouldn't be that big of a problem. What is problematic though is to contest new hunts when you are about to run out of food. I'm not speaking about standard maps but rather about maps like great plains where all hunts are on your side or like AS gp or high resource maps in general.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

And the best thing- Oyur boom stops at 99vills.
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

venox wrote:Actually with enough hunts the portuguese boom soon enough beats the french or german boom and comes pretty close to the british boom and that you have less units out at minute 7-10 is counteracted by the fact that you got 12 minutemen and tc fire and with a nice building wall it shouldn''t be that big of a problem. What is problematic though is to contest new hunts when you are about to run out of food. I''m not speaking about standard maps but rather about maps like great plains where all hunts are on your side or like AS gp or high resource maps in general.

Another issue is the lack of upgrades for your colonial army, meaning you scale worse into late colonial.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

venox wrote:Actually with enough hunts the portuguese boom soon enough beats the french or german boom and comes pretty close to the british boom and that you have less units out at minute 7-10 is counteracted by the fact that you got 12 minutemen and tc fire and with a nice building wall it shouldn''t be that big of a problem. What is problematic though is to contest new hunts when you are about to run out of food. I''m not speaking about standard maps but rather about maps like great plains where all hunts are on your side or like AS gp or high resource maps in general.

Keep dreaming...
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

Post by _tank »

ponipoika wrote:
venox wrote:Actually with enough hunts the portuguese boom soon enough beats the french or german boom and comes pretty close to the british boom and that you have less units out at minute 7-10 is counteracted by the fact that you got 12 minutemen and tc fire and with a nice building wall it shouldnt be that big of a problem. What is problematic though is to contest new hunts when you are about to run out of food. Im not speaking about standard maps but rather about maps like great plains where all hunts are on your side or like AS gp or high resource maps in general.
Another issue is the lack of upgrades for your colonial army, meaning you scale worse into late colonial.
port instead have the upgrades in age 4!
-professional teamgame player
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

tank wrote:
ponipoika wrote:Another issue is the lack of upgrades for your colonial army, meaning you scale worse into late colonial.
port instead have the upgrades in age 4!

#op
Cape Verde Miqueias
Crossbow

Re: Aizamk Portuguese 10/10 Rush

Post by Miqueias »

how about 10/10 ( age up with quartermaster at 2min .10 sec hunt dog during transition), sending 8 cross following by 700 food ?
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Miqueias wrote:how about 10/10 ( age up with quartermaster at 2min .10 sec hunt dog during transition), sending 8 cross following by 700 food ?

normally when i 10/10 I send 300 w for rax and house, age with 400 wood for houses and market with ups, build rax and tc forward, ship 8 xbows in colonial and make musks, follow up with 6 musks then 700 w for more houses and tp
Cape Verde Miqueias
Crossbow

Post by Miqueias »

age up with 400 w , hunt dog during transition, 2 villagers to make fb , 2 in gold rest on food, when u get colonial make 2 homes and a rax, send 8 cross ( agressive way), follow by 700 food for spain villagers in both tc ( dont need 700 w earlier because 50 pop is enough for some musks and cross ), with 700 w make second rax or stable, homes, upgrades on market etc , then 6 musks etc
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yes you can, you can even do 8 bow 6 musk and spam musk from 1 rax, if you want to be super agressive
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

But 8 xbows early on won't do too much, they're pretty weak altogether and can be picked off by the TC fire and minutemen, possibly. I'd rather choose units that have better siege, like musks :!:
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

The whole thing works on what is known as the 'tempi' in chess and is equivalent to going on the front foot in order to facilitate 'piece development' i.e getting map and establishing 2 tc vil production behind the rush in what might otherwise be a disadvantageous situation- the idea is sound and gives fun games- surely worth a write-up? :love: :love: :love:
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

Miqueias wrote:how about 10/10 ( age up with quartermaster at 2min .10 sec hunt dog during transition), sending 8 cross following by 700 food ?

How about we ressurect a 2 year old thread and discuss things as if nothing happened? :)
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

pecelot wrote:But 8 xbows early on won't do too much, they're pretty weak altogether and can be picked off by the TC fire and minutemen, possibly. I'd rather choose units that have better siege, like musks :!:

you play it like new meta russia, use it to pressure hunts, contain. ofc you don't want to take down town center with 8 xbow lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

contain with 8 xbows :uglylol:
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

oats13 wrote:The whole thing works on what is known as the 'tempi' in chess and is equivalent to going on the front foot in order to facilitate 'piece development' i.e getting map and establishing 2 tc vil production behind the rush in what might otherwise be a disadvantageous situation- the idea is sound and gives fun games- surely worth a write-up? :love: :love: :love:
As a chess player I have no idea of what you are talking about. Perhaps you meant "gambit" ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

deuxballesman wrote:
oats13 wrote:The whole thing works on what is known as the 'tempi' in chess and is equivalent to going on the front foot in order to facilitate 'piece development' i.e getting map and establishing 2 tc vil production behind the rush in what might otherwise be a disadvantageous situation- the idea is sound and gives fun games- surely worth a write-up? :love: :love: :love:
As a chess player I have no idea of what you are talking about. Perhaps you meant "gambit" ?

I get what he means, he wants to say that 10/10 is a tempo build that forces your opponent to be behind of you in development. I partly agree with that.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yeah maybe ur next card after 8 bows is 700w (eco card) while his is a unit shipment to stabilize
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

but what if his first shipments is 5v or 700w
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

deuxballesman wrote:

How can you be a chess player and not understand what he is saying? :santa:
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

yurashic wrote:
deuxballesman wrote:

I get what he means, he wants to say that 10/10 is a tempo build that forces your opponent to be behind of you in development. I partly agree with that.

It is more like you force the tempo in order to allow yourself to catch up in development whilst retarding your opponents development in order to come out equal or better- the tempi in chess is like having the serve in badminton or tennis, you might sacrifice a piece in a 'forced' situation of 2-3 moves and then introduce your variation, which indeed is like a gambit but crucially it works because it is your go i.e you have the tempi which you have claimed by ageing so quickly.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

pecelot wrote:contain with 8 xbows :uglylol:

only pezeto ships 8 xbows, makes no musks and hopes to win
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

It is more like you force the tempo in order to allow yourself to catch up in development whilst retarding your opponents development in order to come out equal or better- the tempi in chess is like having the serve in badminton or tennis, you might sacrifice a piece in a 'forced' situation of 2-3 moves and then introduce your variation, which indeed is like a gambit but crucially it works because it is your go i.e you have the tempi which you have claimed by ageing so quickly.[/quote]
I definitely agree with that but doing a 10/10 and thus sacrificing eco for initiative is my definition of a gambit though :grin: