Why are war wagons good in treaty?

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

This game is a lot simpler than people think in regards to unit comps. WW are worse than goons because they cannot micro, have a long setup animation, train slowly, and are not cost effective, oh and they have hand resist which makes them a glorified cav archer.

I don't get what the fascination is with WW honestly.

Now that I have said it, that is exactly why I don't like warwagons. They are just cav archers.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

h2o wrote:This game is a lot simpler than people think in regards to unit comps. WW are worse than goons because they cannot micro, have a long setup animation, train slowly, and are not cost effective, oh and they have hand resist which makes them a glorified cav archer.

I don''t get what the fascination is with WW honestly.

they are handsome. they have 16/18 range, which is a great benefit. if you have 20+ dragoon, pathing will be a great problem, but war wagon dont have pathing. ww are slow, but if you combine with skirm jaeger their speed is not a problem cuz skirm are slower.
see dutch mirror. both spam skirm ruyter and fight with mass skirms, and their ruyters just stand behind skirms. and what''s the use of their 7.25 speed in this case?

cav archer? please give cav archer 16 range in the new fp.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

h2o wrote:This game is a lot simpler than people think in regards to unit comps. WW are worse than goons because they cannot micro, have a long setup animation, train slowly, and are not cost effective, oh and they have hand resist which makes them a glorified cav archer.

I don''t get what the fascination is with WW honestly.

Now that I have said it, that is exactly why I don''t like warwagons. They are just cav archers.
There''s no fascination. It''s just that you, and your voice is loud, have been hating on them everywhere and with a passion. That sparks discussion, hence the "fascination". We all know they''re bad ranged cavalry, but they''re still ranged cavalry. Same with CA.

As far as treaty goes, I think they are better there than in sup for multiple reasons, mostly because of their range and the upgrade cards are based on veteran stats instead of the usual colonial stats for uhlan/dopp/skirm afaik.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

Half the people are talking about sup and the other half are talking about treaty... they are good in treaty because you can have 5-8 and they will serve as good anticav in a defensive composition. However, if you want to push and play aggressive, uhlan/dopp/skirm with a few WW next to your cannon will do the job. This composition however is really difficult to maintain because you have a lot of high pop units that have to be replaced ASAP.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

edeholland wrote:Every unit get the same value for upgrading their units (except for royal guard), how would war wagons be any different?
I''m not saying that they''re upgrade system is any different, they just become so beefy that they sponge more damage than the majority of other units in the game. Solid siege damage and decent attack makes them a nice unit in treaty. To be clear I''m in no way saying they become OP or something silly like that, they simply become very strong and can finally be mass produced. I''m not debating the math behind their upgrades vs other units, they just get much better then how they are viewed in rush play.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

in tr i always find ww annoying to battle because they hold the line while other troops fill in the gaps. for an extra pop u get 100% more hp than a dragoon. dopps in treaty seem to die faster sometimes before they even make it to the battle even though they do more damage. But you have to fight them differently. with WW u can spam more gurka/ skirms and even heavy inf does well vs them, but for dragoons i use gurka/ hand attack inf. as u see i play india (mostly FFA and treaty)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Iv never really seen why people hate on ww so much in sup. I mean just because they are slightly worse than goons doesn't mean their awful. WW skirm is better then the now a day uhlan skirm, WW uhlan is probably better then uhlan skirm too......
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

WW scale off vet stats so all the cav ups/regular ups german get scale them well. Like cuir but for an originally bad unit.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:Iv never really seen why people hate on ww so much in sup. I mean just because they are slightly worse than goons doesn''t mean their awful. WW skirm is better then the now a day uhlan skirm, WW uhlan is probably better then uhlan skirm too......
If you ever try making war wagons and in the same situation you use the resources on uhlans, you will see uhlans are superior
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but one reason WWs are good in treaty is that you can hide your culverins in them. There are 3 culverins here, can you see them to micro?

[attachment id="2080" thumbnail="1"]
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher

Post by v1pus »

WW are good in treaty because you have IMP status, adv arsenal cards, team cards and full cab up card.

And you don't need to run them around too much because if you kill my 10 WW I'll build another 10 instantly because it's probably on Andes

Kind of obvious no?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

metis wrote:I don''t know if anyone has mentioned it but one reason WWs are good in treaty is that you can hide your culverins in them. There are 3 culverins here, can you see them to micro?

How you micro your culvs then?
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

edeholland wrote:
metis wrote:
How you micro your culvs then?
Control groups. You can also drag and then select the group of three that shows on the screen, sort of like SC used to do to delete pillars. Note: you only really need three if facing an Ott/Port team. Mainly I was just showing how they could be hidden.