Struggling with team game but good in 1v1

No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Post by alexandre7 »

Hey All,

After 2 years of inactivity, I couldn't stop myself from playing this game once again. I am 2nd lt lvl 21 and I play FRENCH

I have always had trouble doing well in a team game, specially 3v3. While in 1v1, I usually go out hussar rush or dual rax musket rush and in the process get accused of being a smurf, a weasel and what not because people think I somehow reseted my rank to lower level... (that is when i'm playing other 2nd lts),

BUT

in team games some how all this doesn't work. I realize that main issue is coordination with team members. Almost every time I make cav and my teammates make units accordingly. However, I face two main issues:
1. its hard to rush because team games means large maps and if i make stable in center of map alongwith teammates, by the time hussars reach enemy town, they already have army to defend.

2. if i do manage to raid, in the meantime, opponents converge their armies and attack my team's fb. So we lose as we are outnumbered. So while kill some of their villies, they kill al my teammates armies.

3. Third scenario, where I just keep hussars near the fb waiting for a battle, I am not sure whats the right way to micro. Consider a situation where my hussars and team's musks and xbows take on enemy's all infantry army. While i try to bring my hussars behind their archers/skirms, their musks/jans kill my hussars.
Is there a good recorded video where i can get insight on team micro?

I think my post has become a long letter, so i'll limit it to this for now.

Thanks in advance
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm not a team player but from your post I'm guessing that scouting the map would help: know where the enemy units are.

E: maybe turn your hussars off and on again. someone on skype told me this tip
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

2-3 hussars for each side. The remaining units stay near the ally units and if needed, you prevent the enemy raids. Playing cav is somewhat technical.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

I really struggle to play team games, it's hard for me to play without communicating much and obviously typing is a big hindrance to play. Built-in team voice chat would make me like it so much more.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

alexandre7 wrote:Hey All,

After 2 years of inactivity, I couldn''t stop myself from playing this game once again. I am 2nd lt lvl 21 and I play FRENCH

I have always had trouble doing well in a team game, specially 3v3. While in 1v1, I usually go out hussar rush or dual rax musket rush and in the process get accused of being a smurf, a weasel and what not because people think I somehow reseted my rank to lower level... (that is when i''m playing other 2nd lts),

BUT

in team games some how all this doesn''t work. I realize that main issue is coordination with team members. Almost every time I make cav and my teammates make units accordingly. However, I face two main issues:
1. its hard to rush because team games means large maps and if i make stable in center of map alongwith teammates, by the time hussars reach enemy town, they already have army to defend.

2. if i do manage to raid, in the meantime, opponents converge their armies and attack my team''s fb. So we lose as we are outnumbered. So while kill some of their villies, they kill al my teammates armies.

3. Third scenario, where I just keep hussars near the fb waiting for a battle, I am not sure whats the right way to micro. Consider a situation where my hussars and team''s musks and xbows take on enemy''s all infantry army. While i try to bring my hussars behind their archers/skirms, their musks/jans kill my hussars.
Is there a good recorded video where i can get insight on team micro?

I think my post has become a long letter, so i''ll limit it to this for now.

Thanks in advance
1. A rush in a teamgame is a coordinated effort. You can''t half ass it so you need your entire team to participate. On lower levels this can be a challenge. You also need to have fast civs in your team, or your opponents need to have a slow civ which allows you to 3v2 or 2v1 in the very early game.

2. If you''re busy raiding with the majority of your force, your teammates shouldn''t be engaging the enemy''s army. This just sounds like bad teamwork, you need to be all there or fight another day.

3. I think veni has a bunch of teamgames on his twitch or youtube channel (links found in the side bar) and those are high level. When microing cav, a good guideline is never fighting melee infantry. This is almost always a bad idea, the best way to micro with cav is spread them out and parade them in front so that they can tank a lot of ranged fire while luring enemy anti-cav like pikes out so your teammates can focus those down with ranged infantry.
No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Post by alexandre7 »

Thanks everyone for your thought and advice. I'll check out VeniVidiVici's rec games.
No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Post by alexandre7 »

incog wrote:I''m not a team player but from your post I''m guessing that scouting the map would help: know where the enemy units are.

Hi,
What does turning a unit on and off mean?
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

i'm pretty low level compared to most of u guys here i guess, but team games can be very painful especially with teammates who do not discuss/ respond to what the decided plan is... :/

maybe we should start a topic where people looking for teams can get together?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

divinemoon wrote:i''m pretty low level compared to most of u guys here i guess, but team games can be very painful especially with teammates who do not discuss/ respond to what the decided plan is... :/

go ahead, there''s no reason not to
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

incog wrote:
divinemoon wrote:im pretty low level compared to most of u guys here i guess, but team games can be very painful especially with teammates who do not discuss/ respond to what the decided plan is... :/

go ahead, theres no reason not to
cool, so would that be in the general section/ the strategy section? (rofl)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

divinemoon wrote:
incog wrote:go ahead, theres no reason not to
cool, so would that be in the general section/ the strategy section? (rofl)
General Id say ')
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

alexandre7 wrote:
incog wrote:Im not a team player but from your post Im guessing that scouting the map would help: know where the enemy units are.

Hi,

Well, imagine your computer is acting up. What you do is you turn it off, then turn it back on again. Since hussars are in the computer, the idea is that the same logic applies.
Garja wrote:
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

calmyourtits wrote:
divinemoon wrote:cool, so would that be in the general section/ the strategy section? (rofl)
General Id say ')
okay then! :D

tho it would count as strategical planning ') :P
No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Post by alexandre7 »

incog wrote:
alexandre7 wrote:Hi,
Well, imagine your computer is acting up. What you do is you turn it off, then turn it back on again. Since hussars are in the computer, the idea is that the same logic applies.
Even more clueless now.. :-X (facepalm)
No Flag alexandre7
Crossbow

Post by alexandre7 »

By the way, team coordination seems to be the main deal I feel. In some rare occasions where I win, we decided on a strategy early on, like will make fb very close to enemy and start taking them down one by one in an arc. Everything else seemed to follow naturally then.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Re: Struggling with team game but good in 1v1

Post by noissance »

For me, it is the complete opposite. I do really well in 3v3 deccan games, but in 1v1 games, i fail to adapt to rushes and stuff.
Error 404: Signature not found