NR40 Post-40

No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

NR40 Post-40

Post by illmatic »

Hey, I was wondering if people in the top tier treaty community could give me advice, mainly cannon control and micro. I recently played a 55 and I got beat in the cannon war so fucking bad i got outscored 3600-2000. Please help me ffs everytime i think im playing good i run across someone who fucks me over.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

NR40 Post-40

Post by Jaeger »

Play supremacy and youll get better much faster :P
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

NR40 Post-40

Post by sc »

this is something i need to work on as well.

pretty much do not make artillery unless you are committed to microing them.

what that means? youll need to focus horse art onto infantry groups as much as possible. you'll probably need to have 1 culv queued almost the entire game (thrn add 1-3 culvs just before it finishes training) ypu dont want a mass of culvs, but you want a steady stream to keep up with your opponent.

when enemy has culvs out, you need to pull back all your artillery thats in range. leaving them, what most people do, means you are about to lose a few thousand res for free. pulling your art back means you dont need to train a new batch of art. bam, thousands saved. super simple and easy but most ppl dont do it.

ideally, no two artillery pieces should ever touch. this just lets enemy culv get freekillz. so when you train a batch of 3 horse art, take the time to spread them out. thisalso goes for culvs. most ppl grp 2 culvs together. if possible individually micro them so they dont touch.

pull culvs back between each shot, particularly in a culv war. you can use shift click if youre APM pressured or you can manually micro the action. this will fuck your opponentin culv wars and if hes not careful his culv will walk sttaight into your army to follow the culv you pulled back.

much more could be said but i gtg rip
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

NR40 Post-40

Post by illmatic »

sc wrote:this is something i need to work on as well.

pretty much do not make artillery unless you are committed to microing them.

what that means? youll need to focus horse art onto infantry groups as much as possible. you''ll probably need to have 1 culv queued almost the entire game (thrn add 1-3 culvs just before it finishes training) ypu dont want a mass of culvs, but you want a steady stream to keep up with your opponent.

when enemy has culvs out, you need to pull back all your artillery thats in range. leaving them, what most people do, means you are about to lose a few thousand res for free. pulling your art back means you dont need to train a new batch of art. bam, thousands saved. super simple and easy but most ppl dont do it.

ideally, no two artillery pieces should ever touch. this just lets enemy culv get freekillz. so when you train a batch of 3 horse art, take the time to spread them out. thisalso goes for culvs. most ppl grp 2 culvs together. if possible individually micro them so they dont touch.

pull culvs back between each shot, particularly in a culv war. you can use shift click if youre APM pressured or you can manually micro the action. this will fuck your opponentin culv wars and if hes not careful his culv will walk sttaight into your army to follow the culv you pulled back.

much more could be said but i gtg rip

ty so much please finish this when you have time.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

NR40 Post-40

Post by Papist »

Rule 1: always have culvs out to deal with enemy culvs and horse artillery

Rule 2: always have a mortar in the back, dealing damage
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

NR40 Post-40

Post by illmatic »

papist wrote:Rule 1: always have culvs out to deal with enemy culvs and horse artillery

Rule 2: always have a mortar in the back, dealing damage

ty but that''s pretty basic.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

NR40 Post-40

Post by princeofcarthage »

Ok here's a tip about what I do at exact 40, and something about culverins. you will surely want to have a wall at hm as soon as tr ends to get map control right? so what I do is at at about 10 seconds before I draw a entire wall at hm(1v1) or fight area(team game)> DONT CLICK it will still be red but as soon as tr ends it becomes legal to build just left click then I press x(my explorer hotkey and tp) build native outpost and then press 1->> space which is my culv ctrl group at start fight, so micro them at start ( keep them back of your army to avoid getting hit) 4,5 and 6 is my vill ctrl group. after you micro ur culv build a stable->artfoundry->barracks you wont have sent inf card b4 40 so u need to make huss to stabilize if u lose start battle art cuz u will need culv/mortars and then once card arrives u can make inf. during fight 1 is my native embassy 2 is rax 3 and 4 is stbl on flanks 5 is tc 6 and 7 is art foundry 8 and 9 are vills. Remember the part till where uorder to build a stable needs to be done within 5 seconds of tr end. ye u need high apm for few seconds. 2nd thing i like using in fight is 3 or 5 culv contrary to traditional 2 or 4 It basically means trade 1 kill 2. Thats what we call snowball effect.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

NR40 Post-40

Post by dicktator »

I have a lot of free time right now so...

1. This is a mistake I see lots of nr55 players make. They queue all five culvs at once. This is a waste of pop, what you have to do is queue one cannon then queue the rest right before they come out.

2. While your culvs are out of range of your opponents cannons, put them in fire mode, and move them towards your opponents cannons that way. Reason for this is because there is an animation cannons have to go through when they switch from limber mode to fire mode, you don't want your culvs going through that animation while they are in range of your opponents cannons or else they'll get shot in the middle of it.

3. Ideally you want to go back with culvs after every shot so that your opponents culvs can't shoot you. However, this isn't always necessary. If you outmass your opponents culvs and/or you feel confident in your ability to drag click your opponents culvs to death it's better to just stay in position and spend the extra apm on other units. Obviously if you find yourself losing you should pull back and save whatever culvs you can.

4. It takes two culv shots to kill an opponents culvs unless your opponent has two of these civs (ports/Otto/India) for a teammate. Then it takes 3 shots.

5. Never take a culv fight you can't win. How can you tell whether or not you can win a culv fight? Experience. If you know your opponent has better culv micro than you, you need to either outmass him on culvs or use Huss flanks during culv battles to give yourself an edge.

6. Don't get too caught up in culv micro. If you lose a culv fight it's not the end of the world. Just queue more culvs and keep producing units, if your opponent has a lot of horse art out you may need to back off as well.

7. If you have less culvs than your opponent, stay back, and if you opponent happens to have a cannon or two out of position move up to snipe it then move back again.

8. Other cannons should be targeted to your opponents inf whenever possible. If your opponent has culvs out and you don't, move back with cannons, keeping them just in range to shoot your opponents melee inf. Often what this leads to is your opponent overextending his culvs to kill your art just to have you pop 5 culvs out and slaughter his :D.

9. If you have culvs out and your opponent doesn't you have to be agressive with your cannons. Move them up and use them to target inf. If your opponent has cannons out use your culvs to keep them out of range of your inf and kill them if possible but don't move your culvs too far forward lest the scenario covered in #8 happen to you.

10. Always keep at least one mortar out. Usually there's always something to shoot, walls, outposts, fb, etc. Priority targets are native embassies and stables (foundaries too if they are in range).

11. Losing 1-2 culvs to kill a rocket or heavy cannon is a good trade. A large rocket or heavy cannon mass is extremely difficult to kill.

12. I still haven't covered every scenario cannon micro wise (doing so would take hours). The best thing to do to get better at cannon micro is just to practice and get experience.
No Flag pingu
Crossbow

NR40 Post-40

Post by pingu »

13. USE DRAGOONS WARWAGONS RUYTERS CAVALRY ARCHERS HOWDAH ZAMBRAKS AND YABUSUSUSUSAMEMES TO PROTECT CANON

SELECT YOUR DRAGOONS WARWAGONS RUYTERS CAVALRY ARCHERS HOWDAH ZAMBRAKS AND YABUSUSUSUSAMEMES AND PLACE THEM ON TOP OF CANON THIS WILL MAKE RIGHT CLICKING YOUR CANON VERY DIFFICULT SO ENEMY WILL MISCLICK TARGETING YOUR CANONS

I INVENTED THIS STRATEGY MYSELF
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher

NR40 Post-40

Post by v1pus »

Spies help too. If you can see your enemies units become they arrive at the battle front can you prepare for them!
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

NR40 Post-40

Post by illmatic »

v1pus wrote:Spies help too. If you can see your enemies units become they arrive at the battle front can you prepare for them!

spies is bad in treaty unless you''re looking for a persistent motherfucker.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

NR40 Post-40

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

although i agree its too expensive I have found it worth while in fighting some civs and players, Since i play india In TR if im up against a russian I will use it so I can be ever ready for fort poping and Opri, Or another german guy I know who hits with constant waves of dopple boxes.
No Flag thestrider
Crossbow

NR40 Post-40

Post by thestrider »

dicktator wrote:I have a lot of free time right now so...

1. This is a mistake I see lots of nr55 players make. They queue all five culvs at once. This is a waste of pop, what you have to do is queue one cannon then queue the rest right before they come out.

2. While your culvs are out of range of your opponents cannons, put them in fire mode, and move them towards your opponents cannons that way. Reason for this is because there is an animation cannons have to go through when they switch from limber mode to fire mode, you don''t want your culvs going through that animation while they are in range of your opponents cannons or else they''ll get shot in the middle of it.

3. Ideally you want to go back with culvs after every shot so that your opponents culvs can''t shoot you. However, this isn''t always necessary. If you outmass your opponents culvs and/or you feel confident in your ability to drag click your opponents culvs to death it''s better to just stay in position and spend the extra apm on other units. Obviously if you find yourself losing you should pull back and save whatever culvs you can.

4. It takes two culv shots to kill an opponents culvs unless your opponent has two of these civs (ports/Otto/India) for a teammate. Then it takes 3 shots.

5. Never take a culv fight you can''t win. How can you tell whether or not you can win a culv fight? Experience. If you know your opponent has better culv micro than you, you need to either outmass him on culvs or use Huss flanks during culv battles to give yourself an edge.

6. Don''t get too caught up in culv micro. If you lose a culv fight it''s not the end of the world. Just queue more culvs and keep producing units, if your opponent has a lot of horse art out you may need to back off as well.

7. If you have less culvs than your opponent, stay back, and if you opponent happens to have a cannon or two out of position move up to snipe it then move back again.

8. Other cannons should be targeted to your opponents inf whenever possible. If your opponent has culvs out and you don''t, move back with cannons, keeping them just in range to shoot your opponents melee inf. Often what this leads to is your opponent overextending his culvs to kill your art just to have you pop 5 culvs out and slaughter his :D.

9. If you have culvs out and your opponent doesn''t you have to be agressive with your cannons. Move them up and use them to target inf. If your opponent has cannons out use your culvs to keep them out of range of your inf and kill them if possible but don''t move your culvs too far forward lest the scenario covered in #8 happen to you.

10. Always keep at least one mortar out. Usually there''s always something to shoot, walls, outposts, fb, etc. Priority targets are native embassies and stables (foundaries too if they are in range).

11. Losing 1-2 culvs to kill a rocket or heavy cannon is a good trade. A large rocket or heavy cannon mass is extremely difficult to kill.

12. I still haven''t covered every scenario cannon micro wise (doing so would take hours). The best thing to do to get better at cannon micro is just to practice and get experience.
Very solid advice. Thank you
Imo all brit has to do is in age 2 with lbow musk huss as diarrhea [diarouga] suggested. -_DB_