Russian rush

No Flag lumpo
Crossbow

Russian rush

Post by lumpo »

Hi all,

I recently started using russian i was wondering could anybody help me to implement a very good rush thats hard to stop, how many villagers to age with what shipments to use first how many villagers on each resource etc just for perfect rush, would really appreciate the help off top level players thanks dudes!
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Russian rush

Post by _venox_ »

The "cheap" russian rush goes like this: send wood trickle card, 14 vill age up with 400w, build a forward blockhouse during transition, get 3-4 on coin rest on food and once you aged up queue 5 musketeers and send 5 cossacks, no villagers for now just train musketeers and build houses from the age up wood, then follow up with 13 strelets 4 cossacks and if you want to continue the all in rush send 700 food and start training both villagers and musketeers. At this point you can build a market and get both food upgrades to further fuel your food heavy vills + army.
If you don't want to go all in queue villagers after 5 musketeers and build a market right away from the age up wood and send 700 wood after 1 or 2 military shipments.
I'm not top, top players would probably say that a rush is not as effective as let's say a timing attack.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Russian rush

Post by purplesquid »

I find that a hard rush like this is particularly effective against Japan. Otherwise setting up a contain is probably better
No Flag imperial
Musketeer

Russian rush

Post by imperial »

btw dont play against otto with russia
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Russian rush

Post by MCJim »

I like the strat that you skip the wood trickle and send 5 and 4 coss right away. It's bad for your eco but could work because of the surprise effect. Can also work in Russian mirrors.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Russian rush

Post by yurashic »

Pretty much what Venox said, but all in rush is good only against Japan or in the mirror.

Trading post in transition to colonial, 5 cossacks first to be aggressive, steel traps from 400 wood, 700 wood for houses and stable next, 700 gold for military production or age in 90% games.
No Flag lumpo
Crossbow

Russian rush

Post by lumpo »

Really helpful thanks for that
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Russian rush

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:Pretty much what Venox said, but all in rush is good only against Japan or in the mirror.

Trading post in transition to colonial, 5 cossacks first to be aggressive, steel traps from 400 wood, 700 wood for houses and stable next, 700 gold for military production or age in 90% games.

you get tp with 400w not in transition
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Russian rush

Post by yurashic »

hazza54321 wrote:
yurashic wrote:Pretty much what Venox said, but all in rush is good only against Japan or in the mirror.

you get tp with 400w not in transition
You can either build a tp in transition and block house from 400 w or reverse depending on the conditions.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Russian rush

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: you get tp with 400w not in transition
You can either build a tp in transition and block house from 400 w or reverse depending on the conditions.

its way too slow to bh with 400w, if you do you will lose map control
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Russian rush

Post by yurashic »

hazza54321 wrote:
yurashic wrote:You can either build a tp in transition and block house from 400 w or reverse depending on the conditions.
its way too slow to bh with 400w, if you do you will lose map control

No it is not. It is like other civs who build their barracks and stables with 400 w. Just use 4 vills.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Russian rush

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: its way too slow to bh with 400w, if you do you will lose map control

No it is not. It is like other civs who build their barracks and stables with 400 w. Just use 4 vills.

and then mm will come and kill your 4v and bh lol
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Russian rush

Post by yurashic »

hazza54321 wrote:
yurashic wrote:No it is not. It is like other civs who build their barracks and stables with 400 w. Just use 4 vills.
and then mm will come and kill your 4v and bh lol

Dont like - dont do.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Russian rush

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: and then mm will come and kill your 4v and bh lol

Dont like - dont do.
lol i wont dont worry
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Russian rush

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

If you build a building with 4v, it is only like 50% faster than if you do it with 1 vills, you loose like 150-200 VS by doing it, if you want to have a super fast timing go 500f. There's no point building a fb at 6min lol.