Most Fair Match-ups

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by _venox_ »

On Tuesday? Why not just later this Monday?
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:its just Dutch has to invest at least 1.2k resources into banks as well as a shipment which any other civ can use for army and banks take forever to pay off. And were talking about pure age 2 play so going 3 isnt really relevant. The only way dutch can win is to just completely out micro the Russian player.
The dutch can just outboom the russ in middle game, lets say around 8-15 min I guess. After that the russ might catch up with eco but its too late. Ofc when he starts making 2-3 banks, he has a very weak army. So what ? on a map with hunts, what is the russian guy going to do against a dutch turtling ? All the dutch needs is 5 huss or even some skirms inside of the turtle. The russ cant commit under the tc. And then around 10 min the dutch can push out and he will have the micro advantage using skirms range. And if he can take the map its gg. Except its a map with a bunch of tps and food like high plains, I cant see how the russian guy would win it

Russia has such a army advantage at like 6 or 7minutes that they can literally just idle dutch indefinitely and your not gonna be able to get out full batches with 3 banks....
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:The dutch can just outboom the russ in middle game, lets say around 8-15 min I guess. After that the russ might catch up with eco but its too late. Ofc when he starts making 2-3 banks, he has a very weak army. So what ? on a map with hunts, what is the russian guy going to do against a dutch turtling ? All the dutch needs is 5 huss or even some skirms inside of the turtle. The russ cant commit under the tc. And then around 10 min the dutch can push out and he will have the micro advantage using skirms range. And if he can take the map its gg. Except its a map with a bunch of tps and food like high plains, I cant see how the russian guy would win it
Russia has such a army advantage at like 6 or 7minutes that they can literally just idle dutch indefinitely and your not gonna be able to get out full batches with 3 banks....

Im just sitting here wondering if you have played more than 5 games in this mu.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by zoom »

Don't! Go to bed instead, son...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by _venox_ »

Same is true for you Zoo, pal...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by zoom »

Adults stay up. Eat dikks. Make money.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by fei123456 »

why should age 2 dutch beat age 2 russia? they even dont have musk.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by Mitoe »

paul wrote:why should age 2 dutch beat age 2 russia? they even dont have musk.
Neither does Russia :D
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Russia has such a army advantage at like 6 or 7minutes that they can literally just idle dutch indefinitely and your not gonna be able to get out full batches with 3 banks....
Im just sitting here wondering if you have played more than 5 games in this mu.

iv played it several time recently and won as Russia with relative ease.... Next time I see you online lets play it and if dutch stays age 2 Russia wins easy
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by illmatic »

why is this even an argument if dutch best option is to go age3
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

illmatic wrote:why is this even an argument if dutch best option is to go age3

That''s what I''m sayin..... Russia is a better civ than Dutch and Dutch age 2 is inferior to Dutch agethree......Dutch is a bottom tier civ and people are talking like an inferior way to play them is good smfh
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by _venox_ »

Situational, not totally inferior.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:
diarouga wrote:No, its not.
And dutchs age 2 is better than russians
my ass. Pike skirm huss looses to stre musk Cossack especially once boyars gets in.
Nope, russian musk are terrible, he basically doesnt have anti cav.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:my ass. Pike skirm huss looses to stre musk Cossack especially once boyars gets in.

Yea theyre shit they loose to hussar hard, but Id take Russia musks over pikes any day of the week
India _DB_
Howdah

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by _DB_ »

diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:my ass. Pike skirm huss looses to stre musk Cossack especially once boyars gets in.
Arent dutch pikes more terrible than russian musk after your shipment gets killed?

Dutch shouldnt beat Russia unless they are behind wall. Without wall skirm pike huss lose to musk strelet cossack.

The only advantage does have is the 20 range skirm and their early eco. Russian late age 2 eco is insane. The only thing Dutch can do is something like 10 skirm/8 pike semi behind a wall imo.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

Yea unless the Dutch player just completely out micros the Russia player Idk how Russia can win.... Maybe doing a timing push full hussar with like 10 skirm in the back could win idk
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by Mitoe »

Outmicroing Russia isn't hard once you realize none of their units can be microed :P
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
ovi12 wrote:and vills dont cost food, and they both play turtly
But Dutch vils cost coin and India ones cost wood.... Also, Dutch has to play turtly because theyll loose if they dont. India doesnt have to. They can start super aggressive and then boom hard. They actually have a viable and good age 2 while Dutch age 2 is an auto loose in most mus....
https://youtu.be/TnSQRJiAl9s?t=240
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by momuuu »

Going colonial doesnt mean you wont ever age to fortress, it just means you wont semi. It works decently, because your opponent has to pressure you, and then gets completely annihilated by a superior army with mm and tc fire. At around 7-8 minutes, its entirely possible the dutch player has a stronger army.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by Garja »

Russian musket are not terrible btw, they're even slightly more cost effective than normal musks.
Russia beat Dutch.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

garja wrote:Russian musket are not terrible btw, they''re even slightly more cost effective than normal musks.
Russia beat Dutch.
No.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Going colonial doesnt mean you wont ever age to fortress, it just means you wont semi. It works decently, because your opponent has to pressure you, and then gets completely annihilated by a superior army with mm and tc fire. At around 7-8 minutes, its entirely possible the dutch player has a stronger army.

the original starter of this discussion said that age 2 Dutch > Russia so no age 3 is irrelevant.... Yea i mean if the Russia player messes up Dutch could win, but every mu is like that lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:Going colonial doesnt mean you wont ever age to fortress, it just means you wont semi. It works decently, because your opponent has to pressure you, and then gets completely annihilated by a superior army with mm and tc fire. At around 7-8 minutes, its entirely possible the dutch player has a stronger army.
the original starter of this discussion said that age 2 Dutch > Russia so no age 3 is irrelevant.... Yea i mean if the Russia player messes up Dutch could win, but every mu is like that lol

I am not sure that is true, as russia still has to pressure. They dont know that Dutch is staying colonial.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote: the original starter of this discussion said that age 2 Dutch > Russia so no age 3 is irrelevant.... Yea i mean if the Russia player messes up Dutch could win, but every mu is like that lol
I am not sure that is true, as russia still has to pressure. They dont know that Dutch is staying colonial.

whats not true?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Most Fair Match-ups

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote: the original starter of this discussion said that age 2 Dutch >' Russia so no age 3 is irrelevant.... Yea i mean if the Russia player messes up Dutch could win, but every mu is like that lol
Dutch mostly stays age II and ages if the need veteran upgrades + upgrade cards from age III.
They have alot of cards to use before they can start using some cards from age III.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
Btw, congrats on reaching 3000 posts.. ')[/spoiler]
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish