Fun treaty strategy

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

Post by fightinfrenchman »

If you play as Sioux you can create. abox of dog soldiers... They burn through walls like nothin'!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Fun treaty strategy

Post by evilcheadar »

dog boxing
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

its the scariest thing because they are so fast they can out run most units and a are beast to kill and still make great damage. its a gamble though because you have to devote 25 vills on the firepit for a long time when they could be gathering resources. but it can be a game winner
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

howlingwolfpaw wrote:its the scariest thing because they are so fast they can out run most units and a are beast to kill and still make great damage. its a gamble though because you have to devote 25 vills on the firepit for a long time when they could be gathering resources. but it can be a game winner

Sioux resources are already so low in treaty game. If you don''t win quickly 1v1 you''re screwed, unless it''s a team game then just have teammates supply you. Their rifle riders are very good units as well.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah they are not great for treaty, but be careful they they on top of those teepees they can drain you just as fast. as is what happened to your spanish friend
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Fun treaty strategy

Post by fei123456 »

but you don't have walls yourself.
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Fun treaty strategy

Post by dicktator »

This strat has been around for years. If the opposing team expects it and makes 50 goons inside of their base it will not work, if the opposing team does not expect it it will always work there is no way to beat a box if you don't expect it. That's why in my opinion boxing is a little lame.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Fun treaty strategy

Post by sc »

the troll is real
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

dicktator wrote:This strat has been around for years. If the opposing team expects it and makes 50 goons inside of their base it will not work, if the opposing team does not expect it it will always work there is no way to beat a box if you don''t expect it. That''s why in my opinion boxing is a little lame.

The trick is to have one of your teammates get spies. They can then guide you where to go to cause maximum damage without running into dragoons. I don''t understand people who don''t get spies in a treaty game.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

paul wrote:but you don''t have walls yourself.

I mean in a team game. Of course the Sioux are useless in 1v1 treaty. I really wish they could build walls they would be very fun to play if they could
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Magnam »

Sioux are sleeper op. Probably a tier 1 civ in treaty next to french and Aztecs.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Fun treaty strategy

Post by charlemagen »

i think spies are extremely viable and will probably get them vs dicktator_ in our tourny game.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

charlemagen wrote:i think spies are extremely viable and will probably get them vs dicktator_ in our tourny game.

What civs are you guys playing?
No Flag pinkgichtenlord
Crossbow

Fun treaty strategy

Post by pinkgichtenlord »

yeah dicktator is known for his infamous jaguar boxes
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Fun treaty strategy

Post by charlemagen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
charlemagen wrote:i think spies are extremely viable and will probably get them vs dicktator_ in our tourny game.

What civs are you guys playing?
Do not know ill probably go a tier one civ such as sioux or dutch
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

charlemagen wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:What civs are you guys playing?
Do not know ill probably go a tier one civ such as sioux or dutch

Dutch are a great civ. The people in my basement dont know how to kill mass artillery defended by ruyters
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Papist »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
dicktator wrote:This strat has been around for years. If the opposing team expects it and makes 50 goons inside of their base it will not work, if the opposing team does not expect it it will always work there is no way to beat a box if you dont expect it. Thats why in my opinion boxing is a little lame.

The trick is to have one of your teammates get spies. They can then guide you where to go to cause maximum damage without running into dragoons. I dont understand people who dont get spies in a treaty game.

You know where things are, so why waste half your gold? You usually have a good idea of where the weak points in the enemy line are if you scout for them.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

papist wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:The trick is to have one of your teammates get spies. They can then guide you where to go to cause maximum damage without running into dragoons. I dont understand people who dont get spies in a treaty game.

You know where things are, so why waste half your gold? You usually have a good idea of where the weak points in the enemy line are if you scout for them.

You dont always know where things are. Depending on the size of the map you may not know where your enemy is setting up a forward base. Ive played against people online who didnt have spies and I set up a fort outside their base, out of their line of sight. You need map awareness.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Fun treaty strategy

Post by evilcheadar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
papist wrote:You know where things are, so why waste half your gold? You usually have a good idea of where the weak points in the enemy line are if you scout for them.

You dont always know where things are. Depending on the size of the map you may not know where your enemy is setting up a forward base. Ive played against people online who didnt have spies and I set up a fort outside their base, out of their line of sight. You need map awareness.
Especially against civs that can get all up in yo grill with battlefield construction.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Magnam »

That's why you wall the map. So your enemy can't just walk everywhere and build stuff...
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Wuangaga »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
papist wrote:You know where things are, so why waste half your gold? You usually have a good idea of where the weak points in the enemy line are if you scout for them.

Making spies in treaty is super bad btw.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

wuangaga wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:You dont always know where things are. Depending on the size of the map you may not know where your enemy is setting up a forward base. Ive played against people online who didnt have spies and I set up a fort outside their base, out of their line of sight. You need map awareness.
Making spies in treaty is super bad btw.

I dont understand? Not having spies puts you at a huge strategic disadvantage. Why is it bad?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think on the player points bar it till tell you what the sioux are making dog soldiers by the fire pit icon so you should know if they are making them or not. I think spies has its place in certain scenarios but should be avoided especially if you are playing spain or ports, aztec/ sioux and lower economic civs. Its not such a big deal in a 1v1 when using india france, germany, iros... even though sioux dont have walls if you defend properly you cant just send in troops to try to kill the eco, the teepees will drain you and sioux villies can get 300 hp and 33 attack. and be remade real quick. sometimes besieging a sioux base takes careful consideration.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I think on the player points bar it till tell you what the sioux are making dog soldiers by the fire pit icon so you should know if they are making them or not. I think spies has its place in certain scenarios but should be avoided especially if you are playing spain or ports, aztec/ sioux and lower economic civs. Its not such a big deal in a 1v1 when using india france, germany, iros... even though sioux dont have walls if you defend properly you cant just send in troops to try to kill the eco, the teepees will drain you and sioux villies can get 300 hp and 33 attack. and be remade real quick. sometimes besieging a sioux base takes careful consideration.

In a 1v1 spies is almost always so cheap that it''s worth it. And in a team game we usually like to make sure at least one of our teammates has it to make sure the enemy can''t surprise us.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Wuangaga »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
wuangaga wrote:Making spies in treaty is super bad btw.

I dont understand? Not having spies puts you at a huge strategic disadvantage. Why is it bad?
Having spies puts you in a disadvantage because you run out of coin so much faster, you also mostly know where your enemy and your enemys units are, the whole map should be walled up anyway.