Fun treaty strategy

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

gibson i donmt play sioux but teepee spam can really be tough to engage and end up draining a lot. Its hard to use siege when the explorer can run in and kill it all in a few shots. and all thier units are good vs siege. but I think they would lose hard to wall spam as not having any range siege is why I dont try them. a axe rider box is pretty good too for a late game try.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Fun treaty strategy

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:gibson i donmt play sioux but teepee spam can really be tough to engage and end up draining a lot. Its hard to use siege when the explorer can run in and kill it all in a few shots. and all thier units are good vs siege. but I think they would lose hard to wall spam as not having any range siege is why I dont try them. a axe rider box is pretty good too for a late game try.

Sioux in a 1v1 game don''t really stand a chance. Not having walls is such an issue, even a small group of siege units can quickly destroy the firepit and weaken the Sioux army significantly.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Fun treaty strategy

Post by evilcheadar »

Use the built in fences on farms to wall up.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Fun treaty strategy

Post by gibson »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:gibson i donmt play sioux but teepee spam can really be tough to engage and end up draining a lot. Its hard to use siege when the explorer can run in and kill it all in a few shots. and all thier units are good vs siege. but I think they would lose hard to wall spam as not having any range siege is why I dont try them. a axe rider box is pretty good too for a late game try.

just don''t fight anywhere be he has more than like 3 teepee lol
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by adderbrain5 »

Ur all sup fools who think they know treaty cuz of some nooby tournement now listen here kids.... There is only one way to beat a dog box. 50 goon in base btw dont work. Dont believe me test it urself vs a good player.

Anyway beating a dog box is actualy incredibly easy. Its this simple: camp his base at treaty end with a max pop of HI preferably samurai, halb, etc... He has to make one two choices: give up his base and attack with box anyway, or fight you. But if he chooses to fight guess what...hes fucked. Why? Because hes a noob like all of you and he didnt send onikare.. Probably doesnt even have it in his deck SMH. Anyway, even if he had onikare(sioux version of caballeros) he will severely weaken his overpop dogs defending, if not lose them all. Likely he will win the first fight but with just 20 or so left which you WILL be able to stop with goons.

Even if he does decide to charge to your base as you camp him without his pit those dogs will be a lot less scary. Basically the way you deal with sioux imo any game mu map etc even in dm sup is you rush him. Yep no minutes weak age 2 or tr end units vs HI just right. Click his firepit / tc. Gg
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

so base trade?

i think that would favor the sioux as his villies with right cards are much more hardy, can even put up a decent fight, if he has teepees in base then a few units sent back or deleted to maje a few Rifle riders will slaughter HI. He has no strategic buildings to save, can remake any lost villies really fast, and has no housing cap.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by sergyou »

adderbrain5 wrote:Ur all sup fools who think they know treaty cuz of some nooby tournement now listen here kids.... There is only one way to beat a dog box. 50 goon in base btw dont work. Dont believe me test it urself vs a good player.

Anyway beating a dog box is actualy incredibly easy. Its this simple: camp his base at treaty end with a max pop of HI preferably samurai, halb, etc... He has to make one two choices: give up his base and attack with box anyway, or fight you. But if he chooses to fight guess what...hes fucked. Why? Because hes a noob like all of you and he didnt send onikare.. Probably doesnt even have it in his deck SMH. Anyway, even if he had onikare(sioux version of caballeros) he will severely weaken his overpop dogs defending, if not lose them all. Likely he will win the first fight but with just 20 or so left which you WILL be able to stop with goons.

Even if he does decide to charge to your base as you camp him without his pit those dogs will be a lot less scary. Basically the way you deal with sioux imo any game mu map etc even in dm sup is you rush him. Yep no minutes weak age 2 or tr end units vs HI just right. Click his firepit / tc. Gg

have u heard of hm ?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Fun treaty strategy

Post by evilcheadar »

adderbrain5 wrote:Ur all sup fools who think they know treaty cuz of some nooby tournement now listen here kids.... There is only one way to beat a dog box. 50 goon in base btw dont work. Dont believe me test it urself vs a good player.

Hm man wtf. Basic tr rule if your not a foruegner who doesn''t understand the rules. (Usually always Chinese)
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag pinkgichtenlord
Crossbow

Fun treaty strategy

Post by pinkgichtenlord »

sergyou wrote:
dicktator wrote:
. u had NOTHING agaisnt me to not let me pause for a quick piss and still u didnt let maybe cuz ur the mighty dick and no one says shit to u cuz if was me unpausing i would like to see the reactions of the tr guys ( maybe pest list ) . u never had respect for me lets be honest for tiny things u would insult me things that i didnt do and u would just overreact and insult me and lets not talk the shitalk u made about me , i am not the hipocrit here.
Its difficult to respect you after all the shit you did the last days. You were busy flaming people about minor things than actual playing the game, lol.
Didnt you say that you want to quit aoe? :P
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by adderbrain5 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:so base trade?

i think that would favor the sioux as his villies with right cards are much more hardy, can even put up a decent fight, if he has teepees in base then a few units sent back or deleted to maje a few Rifle riders will slaughter HI. He has no strategic buildings to save, can remake any lost villies really fast, and has no housing cap.

evilcheadar wrote:

Hm man wtf. Basic tr rule if your not a foruegner who doesnt understand the rules. (Usually always Chinese)

Not really base trade. If its HM his dogs arent at your base yet anyway. As soon as you to his pit the siege drops drastically which wont be long after he gets to your walls shich you should have plenty of. And sioux actually suffers much more from base trade than you especially if he went dogs because he has low eco. If you get his plantations he is really screwed. Basically if you can kill his eco you win because rebuilding is too expensive. You coukd kill your whole eco vs siikix and win off what you saved if he goes dog box. Make sure you kill his cows. Too
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Fun treaty strategy

Post by gibson »

That''s our gold medalist
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Fun treaty strategy

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
dicktator wrote:This strat has been around for years. If the opposing team expects it and makes 50 goons inside of their base it will not work, if the opposing team does not expect it it will always work there is no way to beat a box if you dont expect it. Thats why in my opinion boxing is a little lame.

The trick is to have one of your teammates get spies. They can then guide you where to go to cause maximum damage without running into dragoons. I dont understand people who dont get spies in a treaty game.
Sioux have a card where u can make scouts from townsenter yourself. Scouts will be upgraded greatly and only cost 90 wood.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by sergyou »

pinkgichtenlord wrote:
sergyou wrote:. u had NOTHING agaisnt me to not let me pause for a quick piss and still u didnt let maybe cuz ur the mighty dick and no one says shit to u cuz if was me unpausing i would like to see the reactions of the tr guys ( maybe pest list ) . u never had respect for me lets be honest ?for tiny things u would insult me things that i didnt do and u would just overreact and insult me and lets not talk the shitalk u made about me , i am not the hipocrit here.
Its difficult to respect you after all the shit you did the last days. You were busy flaming people about minor things than actual playing the game, lol.

did u see me playing The game ?
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by sergyou »

sergyou wrote:
pinkgichtenlord wrote:Its difficult to respect you after all the shit you did the last days. You were busy flaming people about minor things than actual playing the game, lol.
did u see me playing The game ? Also did i ever disrepect someone on the fb chat besides sid ? Beeing pissed about something in game does not mean a flame " wall the fking map" for me is not a flame or anything and those things do happen and i know i shouldnt say those but sometimes (majority of them ) i cant control myself when i am pinging and telling the guy even b4 the treaty ends to wall and take control... But no one on that fb chat is an angel when it comes to flame , maybe dj :)
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Fun treaty strategy

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i don't think anyone would play sioux in a 1v1 but if they did i think would be smart enough to have some base defense to prevent that. in a team game a sioux will be walled up and have tee-pee defense most Euro civs dont have that much wood at the end of treaty as well and rely on factories once its over. Granted a box does hurt the eco tremendously. Playing sioux is kind of a gamble and they dont win very much but can be really op if it all works out
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by Magnam »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:i don''t think anyone would play sioux in a 1v1 but if they did i think would be smart enough to have some base defense to prevent that. in a team game a sioux will be walled up and have tee-pee defense most Euro civs dont have that much wood at the end of treaty as well and rely on factories once its over. Granted a box does hurt the eco tremendously. Playing sioux is kind of a gamble and they dont win very much but can be really op if it all works out

just no. Really the only thing Sioux has is the dog box... after the box its pretty much over for Sioux. You just make some walls hide your morts behind those walls turn on your tv and start watching a movie while spamming skirms. After some time it will be gg and u won. If the Sioux get morts from his mates u will have to build new walls every now and then...
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Fun treaty strategy

Post by adderbrain5 »

sioux can't really do that much base defense.... but if u want to know the secret here it is...

using stables, warts, tepees TC etc, you make a base with a wall of stables. Then in the inner base you make sure there are at least like four compartments, closed areas that can only be accessed by garrisoning vils in WH/TC and ungarrisoning by waypoint. That way, if he manages to get to ur fire pit while u are doing Dog box, you just garrison, ungarrions and rebuild in the next compartment. You keep doing this, moving ur units in and out of garrison to access the new compartments and building new pits as long as u have to to rem his eco with ur box. Granted there will be a few seconds with no siege dance a few times, but it will still get done.

its a good idea to have one compartment hidden like way at the bottom of ur base as a last resort. Then you can just hope he doesnt find that one.

Doesnt work if he just has like a mass of mortars and is just shelling everything in LOS into oblivion, but if he has RI/cav it definitely works. Not as easy if he has spies, but still doable.