Why is my ELO so low when i seem to be playing well

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

arriah wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Lol I just used "gayest" once in my text, come on...

Why should any amount of bigoted language be ok?

kaiserklein wrote: I can tell you its either camping with no fight before 12 min into the game or all-in lame rush.

So you want players to do... What exactly?

Whats the point of smurfing? Its kind of pathetic and dickish. Was I supposed to think that makes you cool?

And yes, playing with friends IS nice... Who was talking about it taking skill?
Wow I dont think you know much about the game... I would say I smurf to look cool ? Wtf man... Im just telling you theres 99% probability that I know nilla team games better than you because even tho you cant see I play them on my main acc elo I smurf in them... Now why smurfing ? Hmmm maybe because on nilla Im colonel and I want to team with pr 20-30 mates, so tell me, I just host a colonel game and wait 3 hours with my mate before anyone enters, or I join a lieut game and nobody wants to play against me and call me a noob basher ? Think a bit before saying bs pls

What else can we do apart from camping and all-in rushing ? Idk, maybe (semi-)FF to push around 10 min, rushing but not necessarily with strel/pike or abus/musks, or even simply pressuring the opponents before we all are in age 4 ? Do we always all-in rush or camp in 1v1 games ? No, so why should it be different in team games ?

Who was talking about skill in team games ? Who knows, maybe the whole post is about team elo, which is supposed to reflect your skill in team games.

Btw looking at your elo I had a laugh because you almost always play dutch in 3v3s, which is exactly illustrating what I said...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

There is a massive disparity between my 1v1 and team ELO. I have 70% wins in 1v1 but far less in team. But that win % probably have something to do with the fact that some corporal challenges me to play every time he sees me online. Also, I found that most 1v1 master sergeants and 2nd lieutenants have no idea how to play this game' I was regularly beating them as a sergeant and I don't even consider myself to be that good of a player.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

This is a bit off topic and I apologize for double posting, but I personally think it is better to start the game with team games. There is often an incredible amount of pressure at early times, which forces you to develop good micro and TC skills. Also when you switch to 1v1, you will beat the living shit out of people who are nominally better than you b cause they have never dealt with a powerful attack before re 10 minutes. Seriously, people below 1st lieut in 1v1 can't even deal with a musk rush.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

kaiserklein wrote:Now why smurfing ? Hmmm maybe because on nilla Im colonel and I want to team with pr 20-30 mates, so tell me, I just host a colonel game and wait 3 hours with my mate before anyone enters, or I join a lieut game and nobody wants to play against me and call me a noob basher ?

So you join a game that is filled with noobs in a boring game that you say doesnt take skill... Hmmm

kaiserklein wrote:What else can we do apart from camping and all-in rushing ? Idk, maybe (semi-)FF to push around 10 min, rushing but not necessarily with strel/pike or abus/musks, or even simply pressuring the opponents before we all are in age 4 ? Do we always all-in rush or camp in 1v1 games ? No, so why should it be different in team games ?

What you are saying is that there is a 4 min window in which one MUST attack-- not a second sooner or later-- or else youre a noob. We dont "always rush" you play to your teams civ strengths. If we are going against 2 Brits and a French, we are fucking rushing by 6 mins.

kaiserklein wrote:Who knows, maybe the whole post is about team elo, which is supposed to reflect your skill in team games.

Btw looking at your elo I had a laugh because you almost always play dutch in 3v3s, which is exactly illustrating what I said...

Actually, the post is about why the OPs team elo is low and I about why there is a possible difference in average elo for ranks between TAD and nilla, NOT about wether it takes more skill than 1v1.

As for playing Dutch, I ALWAYS play Dutch, 1v 2v 3v 4v ALWAYS. I play Dutch because I like the style and find it challenging. Also, like I said, I have NEVER pike rushed, and I usually play cav in team games. Unless youre also saying that you can never play Dutch or else youre a noob ')
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I like smurfing because I can put 0 effort into the game and get the satisfaction of winning and seeing my massive score. It is dickish and egotistical I admit, but fun. Also, I still have a lot of mates from my MS days and it's fun to play with them.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

gibson wrote:I like smurfing because I can put 0 effort into the game and get the satisfaction of winning and seeing my massive score. It is dickish and egotistical I admit, but fun. Also, I still have a lot of mates from my MS days and it''s fun to play with them.

Lol, well I can definitely see it if you want to play with friends. I want to play with a friend who has only played a few games but I don''t know if I could get a game outside of maybe a 4v4 :(
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

arriah wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Now why smurfing ? Hmmm maybe because on nilla Im colonel and I want to team with pr 20-30 mates, so tell me, I just host a colonel game and wait 3 hours with my mate before anyone enters, or I join a lieut game and nobody wants to play against me and call me a noob basher ?

So you join a game that is filled with noobs in a boring game that you say doesnt take skill... Hmmm

kaiserklein wrote:What else can we do apart from camping and all-in rushing ? Idk, maybe (semi-)FF to push around 10 min, rushing but not necessarily with strel/pike or abus/musks, or even simply pressuring the opponents before we all are in age 4 ? Do we always all-in rush or camp in 1v1 games ? No, so why should it be different in team games ?

What you are saying is that there is a 4 min window in which one MUST attack-- not a second sooner or later-- or else youre a noob. We dont "always rush" you play to your teams civ strengths. If we are going against 2 Brits and a French, we are fucking rushing by 6 mins.

kaiserklein wrote:Who knows, maybe the whole post is about team elo, which is supposed to reflect your skill in team games.

Actually, the post is about why the OPs team elo is low and I about why there is a possible difference in average elo for ranks between TAD and nilla, NOT about wether it takes more skill than 1v1.

As for playing Dutch, I ALWAYS play Dutch, 1v 2v 3v 4v ALWAYS. I play Dutch because I like the style and find it challenging. Also, like I said, I have NEVER pike rushed, and I usually play cav in team games. Unless youre also saying that you can never play Dutch or else youre a noob ')
I want to team with my mates, even if it often results in shit team games. As simple as that... Plus, smurfing enables you to make troll strats without getting no matched.

Im not saying you have to play in this 4 min window. Just that it would be nice if people sometimes stopped doing always the same crap. Really I know so many team players that always do the same build... Take all those lieut french players. They always cav, 100%. They dont even help you in fight, because all they can do is raiding forever. They dont adapt : they just raid, whatever happens. Drives me mad when I got this kind of guy in my team cause it sucks, but when Im in the other team Im just as mad because it makes the game boring, raids everywhere and no real fight. Whenever its russia, they strelet rush, 100% too. Cant mix any musk, cant defend. Always the same thing. Ottos ? Cant even make abus guns, too hard. Just jan rush. Ask a brit to cav, or to rush ? He cant.

The list is long, and I know I am exaggerating since it isnt always the case, but really a large majority of team players just do more or less the same thing every game. I could name so many team players Ive seen doing always the same strats... Im sure you would know a bunch of them.

Btw, you play 100% dutch ? Yeah so you are exactly the kind of player I described...

I wouldnt say going dutch is noob, just that it is overpowered (probs the best team civ, and for sure the best 1v1 civ if correctly played) and especially boring in team games. Either they lame rush you, having 8 pikes card and the fastest age up time, or they just camp with skirms or ruyters cause their boom is so fast.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

kaiserklein wrote:
arriah wrote:So you join a game that is filled with noobs in a boring game that you say doesnt take skill... Hmmm

I want to team with my mates, even if it often results in shit team games. As simple as that... Plus, smurfing enables you to make troll strats without getting no matched.

Im not saying you have to play in this 4 min window. Just that it would be nice if people sometimes stopped doing always the same crap. Really I know so many team players that always do the same build... Take all those lieut french players. They always cav, 100%. They dont even help you in fight, because all they can do is raiding forever. They dont adapt : they just raid, whatever happens. Drives me mad when I got this kind of guy in my team cause it sucks, but when Im in the other team Im just as mad because it makes the game boring, raids everywhere and no real fight. Whenever its russia, they strelet rush, 100% too. Cant mix any musk, cant defend. Always the same thing. Ottos ? Cant even make abus guns, too hard. Just jan rush. Ask a brit to cav, or to rush ? He cant.

The list is long, and I know I am exaggerating since it isnt always the case, but really a large majority of team players just do more or less the same thing every game. I could name so many team players Ive seen doing always the same strats... Im sure you would know a bunch of them.

Btw, you play 100% dutch ? Yeah so you are exactly the kind of player I described...

I wouldnt say going dutch is noob, just that it is overpowered (probs the best team civ, and for sure the best 1v1 civ if correctly played) and especially boring in team games. Either they lame rush you, having 8 pikes card and the fastest age up time, or they just camp with skirms or ruyters cause their boom is so fast.
Lol otto and spain? And also I tought you said germany still beats dutch on nilla
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

[quote author="@kaiserklein" source="/post/69470/thread" timestamp="1445545787"]Just that it would be nice if people sometimes stopped doing always the same crap. Really I know so many team players that always do the same build... Take all those lieut french players. They always cav, 100%. They don't even help you in fight, because all they can do is raiding forever. They don't adapt : they just raid, whatever happens. Drives me mad when I got this kind of guy in my team cause it sucks, but when I'm in the other team I'm just as mad because it makes the game boring, raids everywhere and no real fight. Whenever it's russia, they strelet rush, 100% too. Can't mix any musk, can't defend. Always the same thing. Ottos ? Can't even make abus guns, too hard. Just jan rush. Ask a brit to cav, or to rush ? He can't.

The list is long, and I know I am exaggerating since it isn't always the case, but really a large majority of team players just do more or less the same thing every game. I could name so many team players I've seen doing always the same strats... I'm sure you would know a bunch of them.[/quote]

Well I agree with you that a lot of people at my level seem unable to adapt, which is probably partly why we are still technically noobs. I wouldn't say that French cav all the time. Sure those types do when it's needed but they will musk and a lot of French seem to love to xbow. What I hate more than the contantly raising French guys is say in MU like this: Dutch (me) Otto France vs Brit Dutch Germ -- Otto says he will jan so I can skirm. I assume Dutch will skirm but if they ff we can take care of ruyters, Brit will musk and Germ will cav but if Brit has lb that's ok, well have cav... But then our French says he will musk. i say please cav and he says he DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO CAV.. Honestly I just want to quit at that point. But we will switch to cav abus musk or jan lb. Yesterday I played with a lt French who decided to go ff. Then he took forever to make a few goons. The opponent switched to double musk skirm but the lt kept making goons and suiciding them.. however what I see of Russia they mix musk when needed without even asking.

[quote author="@kaiserklein" source="/post/69470/thread" timestamp="1445545787"]Btw, you play 100% dutch ? Yeah so you are exactly the kind of player I described...

I wouldn't say going dutch is noob, just that it is overpowered (probs the best team civ, and for sure the best 1v1 civ if correctly played) and especially boring in team games. Either they lame rush you, having 8 pikes card and the fastest age up time, or they just camp with skirms or ruyters cause their boom is so fast.[/quote]

I still don't think that I'm the type of player you described. I could argue that always playing Dutch means that I have to find more ways/try harder to adapt to situations that are a civ weakness. I always seem to age up with everyone else or even last if I go 17 vill. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. And again, I don't really do either of those things. Also, you're the first person I've seen to say Dutch is OP. most people seem to (wrongly) think it's sucks. They also think it has like the best Eco. Seems to me that Dutch is ok colonial, great mid game, but if going into late game against a Brit that boomed and has 100 vil Eco, if my opponent is worth his level he will just uout spam me. Sure we have 8 banks, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't replace 50 vills.

Yesterday I actually played a 1v1 with a French who did full nats boom or something. I was kind of expecting a super early age with xbow shipment laming like usual but I did skirm/pike in my town just in case. I sent some skirms to go attack a tp and some nats came to maul me. So I built another bank and a stable and made hussar and pikes. I Huss skirmed the nats and then some cav showed up and huss piked them then destroyed 2 tps while fighting Nats. Then the French aged and I knew she was going to make cuirs so I aged and made ruyters. Cuirs came out while I was attacking tc so I suicided my pikes to buy time until my Ruyters got there. When opponent saw my Ruyters she resigned. It was fun.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

kaiserklein wrote:Team elo is kinda garbage anyway... I mean team is so random, because teams are rarely fair...
And people don''t have to mix units, which means less micro, so less skill.

Also don''t forget that there is a lot of smurfing in team games
Completely agree with these statements. The teams are usually very screwy and everyone starts with a one unit composition and masses it to an obscene level. And there are definitely smurfs who who like to stalk the PR 16-23 range and open up a can on newer players. Recently I was doing some smurfing (1v1) and got royally bashed. I then rematched him thinking I just hadn''t paid attention and the next game it happened again. We had a nice chat afterwords and it turned out one of his accounts was a Brigadier.

Moral of the story? Don''t get too down if you get slammed in some team games. There is always the possibility you are against a much better player who is "relaxing" on low PR account.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

ovi12 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:I want to team with my mates, even if it often results in shit team games. As simple as that... Plus, smurfing enables you to make troll strats without getting no matched.

Lol otto and spain? And also I tought you said germany still beats dutch on nilla
At high level, nilla dutch are almost unbeatable. I think they beat germany, otto and spain if played flawlessly. The thing is spain and otto are just lame, making them easier to play, while dutch requires skill. Against germany Im not 100% sure but theycan either tower rush or semi+ff. A good dutch on a decent map will kill a t-rush np, and will cav semi + 8 pikes which is really annoying for german (because you either cant raid/fight in colonial doing the 9 uhlans semi, or have to make more uhlans and might still lose vs more huss or vs quick 9 ruyters). On tad dutch are slower and wont be able to afford 8 pikes because of bank xp, which is why the mu is harder on nilla (also uhlans being better on tad and dutch skirms kiting uhlans more).

Anyway, we were more talking about team than 1v1, and in team dutch are definitely the best on nilla, because of their boom being the fastest while being too fast to get rushed efficiently. Remember they age up in 3:35 with 15 vils + a bank, and reconsider all the match ups with this info...
No Flag lumpo
Crossbow

Post by lumpo »

Wow these posts escalated quickly
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

lumpo wrote:Wow these posts escalated quickly

I meant to answer your question at some point. It''s a huge mistake not using control groups. You can improve your elo by at least 100 points by using even basic controls groups (all of one unit type per group), using attack move (hold x and right click) or microing small groups of ranged units in your army. Another way I vastly improved my elo was to get over wanting a full group of 5 units being made, instea sparing one or two if needed to keep up continuing bill production.

Also!!! Make sure you have gone into the options screen and enabled the number of vills on production, seeing everyone''s score, advanced info and tactics. These are especially crucial for people with mental handicaps of some sort, such as poor memory.