Spain matchups?

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Spain matchups?

Post by yurashic »

bramboy wrote:
yurashic wrote:You played 1 game in smackdown and think that if you won, the matchup goes like that.

Master Dutch has sent 300 wood for a tp and spice trade against an aggressive Spanish ff - real GoodSpeeds brother, that is classic Goodspeed build - go too eco heavy and die. A good Portuguese player would have had done things differently and won your early aggression, because you cant kill 3 TCs at 8 min. TC fire kills cannons and goons beat all your shipments.

It is much better to go for more eco and while they are preparing for aggression just outmass and contain.
Ive played that matchup multiple times and I dont see how ports can defend that. The 18 pikes + 10 musk arrive at 7:15-7:45 which is followed by 2 falcs and 5 skirm 30 seconds later. If you just continue to make skirmishers there is nothing ports can do.

Gl hf sieging 3 TCs. They kill cannons with TC fire, mass goons and send organs against your skirm.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Spain matchups?

Post by forgrin »

yurashic wrote:
bramboy wrote:Ive played that matchup multiple times and I dont see how ports can defend that. The 18 pikes + 10 musk arrive at 7:15-7:45 which is followed by 2 falcs and 5 skirm 30 seconds later. If you just continue to make skirmishers there is nothing ports can do.

Gl hf sieging 3 TCs. They kill cannons with TC fire, mass goons and send organs against your skirm.

Who sends organs when you can send Cass, which do well vs skirms anyways? But yeah barring some CM/TC/vill defense cheese I think Spain has this, especially if they wait to have 10 skirms then push. Then the goons are pretty much irrelevant, especially since they cant get close to cannons due to pikes/rods.

And this is said from a Port player, I love that civ but they just arent good in early fortress.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Spain matchups?

Post by yurashic »

forgrin wrote:
yurashic wrote:Gl hf sieging 3 TCs. They kill cannons with TC fire, mass goons and send organs against your skirm.
Who sends organs when you can send Cass, which do well vs skirms anyways? But yeah barring some CM/TC/vill defense cheese I think Spain has this, especially if they wait to have 10 skirms then push. Then the goons are pretty much irrelevant, especially since they cant get close to cannons due to pikes/rods.

And this is said from a Port player, I love that civ but they just arent good in early fortress.

2 organs beat 20 skirms, 8 cass dont.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Spain matchups?

Post by Garja »

You can play aggressive vs ports with 700g 5v 700w. If you don't play offensively you're pretty much granted to lose.
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Spain matchups?

Post by yurashic »

garja wrote:You can play aggressive vs ports with 700g 5v 700w. If you don''t play offensively you''re pretty much granted to lose.

If you ship 5 vills and build a market it does not count as aggressive IMO.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Spain matchups?

Post by Garja »

All the offense you need is cannon knocking at his base asap. All the muskteer and vill cut stuff is unecessary.
But ye it's sort of eco build with initiative.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain matchups?

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:All the offense you need is cannon knocking at his base asap. All the muskteer and vill cut stuff is unecessary.
But ye it''s sort of eco build with initiative.
But I think he can build his base so that you can''t siege anything with cannons without being in range of TC fire.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Spain matchups?

Post by Garja »

Then siege the TC. Perhaps you won't take it down but you either force his vills for a very long time in the TC or at the very least you should idle him a bit and force every builing behind the TC which is not optimal.
The thing about cannons is that you either use them early or they're not so good.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain matchups?

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:Then siege the TC. Perhaps you won''t take it down but you either force his vills for a very long time in the TC or at the very least you should idle him a bit and force every builing behind the TC which is not optimal.
The thing about cannons is that you either use them early or they''re not so good.
What about vs otto? Don''t you have to bilndly do 15>'16 or 17 just to make sure you dont die to jan timing? If he is doing jan timing, you do 700g CM 700w lancers? Isn''t it impossible to gather enough resources for mm to pop with lancers without really good treasures?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Spain matchups?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

700g/CM/700w is the easiest way but you can also gather ressources for mm (if you have a good herd/macro/treasures) and timing 4huss+8pikes+mm+dogs if you have to rape his army.
Anyway, it doesn't really water, you can see if you'll have enough ressources for mm or not and then adapt.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain matchups?

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:700g/CM/700w is the easiest way but you can also gather ressources for mm (if you have a good herd/macro/treasures) and timing 4huss+8pikes+mm+dogs if you have to rape his army.
Anyway, it doesn''t really water, you can see if you''ll have enough ressources for mm or not and then adapt.
So you always have to go to colo with 15 and go to fortress with 16 or 17 so you can age 7:05, wait to place tower until you scout ff just to make sure you don''t die to this? I''m talking about on nilla too btw. And I guess after the fight with the mm you will have to ship falcs and wall them in or something since 4 or 5 lancers (yes talking about nilla too) die to 3 huss and the next 10 jans? I''ve never played vs this just wanna know
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain matchups?

If you have a food start age with 15v but 16 and a market is also fine. On nilla you'll rape his army with 7rods+4huss+mm and then just go 5/4 lancers+skirm from rax :)
If you don't have the ressources to mm, as I said before just CM and then send 5/4 lancer, what can be nice is to trap his army with 4huss+9lancers+dogs+explo in melee+20 mm then
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Spain matchups?

Post by Marco1698 »

700g 700 w age up (non tp map) 700g 700w 5v (tp map). 700g 700w 8 pikes / 6 rods if your opponent is rushing you. Blackstar does send just 700g 700w even with a tp. I don't like that, since with tp you can send another card and that's not bad. I would ff each time I am using Spain tbh
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Spain matchups?

Post by Garja »

CM is pretty much the only way to deal with 2rax jans timing but probably still doesnt work on tad.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Spain matchups?

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:If you have a food start age with 15v but 16 and a market is also fine. On nilla you''ll rape his army with 7rods+4huss+mm and then just go 5/4 lancers+skirm from rax :)
If you don''t have the ressources to mm, as I said before just CM and then send 5/4 lancer, what can be nice is to trap his army with 4huss+9lancers+dogs+explo in melee+20 mm then

So if you have res for 6 mm, ship 700g CM 700w and wait for 5 lancers, if you don''t have res for 6 mm go 700g 700w rods?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Spain matchups?

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:If you have a food start age with 15v but 16 and a market is also fine. On nilla youll rape his army with 7rods+4huss+mm and then just go 5/4 lancers+skirm from rax :)
If you dont have the ressources to mm, as I said before just CM and then send 5/4 lancer, what can be nice is to trap his army with 4huss+9lancers+dogs+explo in melee+20 mm then
So if you have res for 6 mm, ship 700g CM 700w and wait for 5 lancers, if you dont have res for 6 mm go 700g 700w rods?
No,if you dont have the ressources ship cm. If you have ressources send rods to trap his army with your huss and dogs.