Dutch FF/Semi vs Brit? (nilla)

No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

With the annoying possibility that they will mass longbows, do you think that a Dutch ff/semi ff huss cannon with some skirm would be the best option?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

arriah wrote:With the annoying possibility that they will mass longbows, do you think that a Dutch ff/semi ff huss cannon with some skirm would be the best option?

its a very hard match up for dutch, i like the huss cannon with some skirm combo idea but you need 3 production facilities aswell as the vet huss upgrade which is alot of wood however it may be the best combo vs lb pike but when starts mixing huss, i think 9 ruyter plus 5 from stable would be enough for a short while, if musk huss then just ruyter skirm or ruyter cannon. Hope this helped
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Very helpful, thank you! :D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Very hard MU for dutch? Not at all, they win easy, cav start, if he goes age 2 add some skirm and ship 8pikes=>gg
The only viable strat for brit is the semi ff, then follow him age 3 and try to snipe his falcs, if you can, you've won.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

diarouga wrote:Very hard MU for dutch? Not at all, they win easy, cav start, if he goes age 2 add some skirm and ship 8pikes=>gg
The only viable strat for brit is the semi ff, then follow him age 3 and try to snipe his falcs, if you can, you''ve won.

Hmm... It''s probably me but my Eco goes slower when I do an early cav start. I get my first 5 cav out just before 6 mins and usually ship 8 pike. However, if they are like the lts I played vs team earlier they will have units to counter. Then their lb mass grows exponentially while they boom no problem , and I''m stuck investing most all of my res into cav only to have them killed before they reach longbow. This is really the only match up I''ve had problems with, other than a surpise Otto ff with spahi :P
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:Very hard MU for dutch? Not at all, they win easy, cav start, if he goes age 2 add some skirm and ship 8pikes=>gg
The only viable strat for brit is the semi ff, then follow him age 3 and try to snipe his falcs, if you can, you''ve won.

really? brit has better eco and musk and longbow, and dutch? they dont even have musk.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

it is hard for dutch brits boom harder and have a very good age 2 combo as lbs beat skirms plus they can semi ff too
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

We're talking about nilla guys, not TAD, on TAD I agree it isn't even close.
@Arriah When I say cav start, I mean build a 2nd bank with 400w and your stable with 700w. Vs brit you should always send 600w after 700w imo, unless they go for a crazy all in start. 8pikes is your 3rd or 4th age 2 shipment (i like 4v on greedy maps) but only send it if you're playing in age 2.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

diarouga wrote:We''re talking about nilla guys, not TAD, on TAD I agree it isn''t even close.
@Arriah When I say cav start, I mean build a 2nd bank with 400w and your stable with 700w. Vs brit you should always send 600w after 700w imo, unless they go for a crazy all in start. 8pikes is your 3rd or 4th age 2 shipment (i like 4v on greedy maps) but only send it if you''re playing in age 2.

Thank you, I will definitely try this ^.^
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

diarouga wrote:We''re talking about nilla guys, not TAD, on TAD I agree it isn''t even close.
@Arriah When I say cav start, I mean build a 2nd bank with 400w and your stable with 700w. Vs brit you should always send 600w after 700w imo, unless they go for a crazy all in start. 8pikes is your 3rd or 4th age 2 shipment (i like 4v on greedy maps) but only send it if you''re playing in age 2.

shit didnt realise its nilla
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

hazza54321 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Were talking about nilla guys, not TAD, on TAD I agree it isnt even close.
@arriah When I say cav start, I mean build a 2nd bank with 400w and your stable with 700w. Vs brit you should always send 600w after 700w imo, unless they go for a crazy all in start. 8pikes is your 3rd or 4th age 2 shipment (i like 4v on greedy maps) but only send it if youre playing in age 2.
shit didnt realise its nilla
lol yeah me too

diarrhea is genius
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Germany koenigerik1
Pro Player
ESO: snowww

Post by koenigerik1 »

diarouga wrote:Very hard MU for dutch? Not at all, they win easy, cav start, if he goes age 2 add some skirm and ship 8pikes=>'gg
sure u even played that mu? if brit plays it good, dutch won''t win.. we can just go play it later if ya want :P
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

koenigerik1 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Very hard MU for dutch? Not at all, they win easy, cav start, if he goes age 2 add some skirm and ship 8pikes=>'gg
The only viable strat for brit is the semi ff, then follow him age 3 and try to snipe his falcs, if you can, youve won.
sure u even played that mu? if brit plays it good, dutch wont win.. we can just go play it later if ya want :P
I played this MU as brit on the fp and dutch did quite well, and fps dutch arent better than nillas dutch.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

diarouga wrote:
koenigerik1 wrote:sure u even played that mu? if brit plays it good, dutch wont win.. we can just go play it later if ya want :P
I played this MU as brit on the fp and dutch did quite well, and fps dutch arent better than nillas dutch.

vs adderbrain?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

hazza54321 wrote:
diarouga wrote:I played this MU as brit on the fp and dutch did quite well, and fps dutch arent better than nillas dutch.
vs adderbrain?
Nope vs Mitoe.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

But mitoe's dutch is OP.

I am pretty sure semi ff is impossible vs longbow pike unless his hunts are so bad that you can force him to stay at home. Id try colonial play vs that for sure.

Vs some coin strat from the brit player, Id either huss semi or 5 huss 10 skirm 8 pike semi if he plays it out somewhat aggressively.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Vs colo play you have to play in age2 yeah.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

jerom wrote:But mitoe''s dutch is OP.

I am pretty sure semi ff is impossible vs longbow pike unless his hunts are so bad that you can force him to stay at home. Id try colonial play vs that for sure.

Vs some coin strat from the brit player, Id either huss semi or 5 huss 10 skirm 8 pike semi if he plays it out somewhat aggressively.

I''m still having trouble with this. Now that I''m playing with lts more and a lot of players are Brit it''s frustrating. They boom so fast and seem to train inf much faster. I can make lot of skirms fast but if they do lb we lose it seems, even if we have a French caving. Then they can send like 100 units up at 8 mins while also having 100 settlers already. (Maybe an exaggeration but only slight!) Help me :c