iro ff

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

iro ff

Post by forgrin »

Tbh adder kinda has a point. Musket riders are great vs artillery, but kinda meh against cav when compared to goons, especially considering they cost a ton of coin for less damage vs cav. They also lose to goons straight up, which is awkward. Like, have 10 to ensure your opponent's falcs don't do anything, and other than that sticking with tomos is probably fine.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil igorix
Crossbow

iro ff

Post by igorix »

What is the usefulness of mantelets in that scenario? I like iro very much and i'm very happy we can finally play it without lamming. However, i like flavour playing and i've just seen manteletsin samwise's iro ff in the fp showcase replay and the observers kinda mocked it because it's unusual. Since musket riders are good anti cav units and iro's fortress composition usually lacks siege wouldn't it have a place to tank for forest prowlers or to siege down walls, barracks and town centers? Otherwise i assume they are simply underpowered or too expensive for their power. Artillery combat would be a good option in that case? Since combat cards put tomas into the game, why not for mantelets?
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

iro ff

Post by forgrin »

igorix wrote:What is the usefulness of mantelets in that scenario? I like iro very much and i''m very happy we can finally play it without lamming. However, i like flavour playing and i''ve just seen manteletsin samwise''s iro ff in the fp showcase replay and the observers kinda mocked it because it''s unusual. Since musket riders are good anti cav units and iro''s fortress composition usually lacks siege wouldn''t it have a place to tank for forest prowlers or to siege down walls, barracks and town centers? Otherwise i assume they are simply underpowered or too expensive for their power. Artillery combat would be a good option in that case? Since combat cards put tomas into the game, why not for mantelets?

They''re kinda like grens, not good enough and too expensive for what they do. They also don''t tank melee hits for the Forest Prowlers so you still need tomos in there.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP