Sioux discussion

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sioux discussion

Post by Garja »

cowhax wrote:
garja wrote:2 farms isnt a viable option in 1v1. It also takes a precious spot in the age2 grid.

Yes BR are not that great vs French. Still gives you some control over the game. Axe semi makes more sense indeed. And it has been the standard for ages in fact.

Yes, 1000g cards are good, they extend your already pretty long rack of unit shipments. I use wakina+hp and axe AR+hp ones.
I dont know whats so improbable about 2 farms in 1v1. It pays back some of the XP used to ship and grants you beefy hunt upgrades, therefore allowing you to task villagers on something else besides hunt if you want. And even the farm big button is good if/when you can afford it. Is it just the nature of the War Chief civs to be more rush than other civs are allowed to be? Like its not standard, but too often does it seem like theres only 1 reliable build order for any of the civs, and I just havent been convinced yet. Maybe that could be a cool video series to showcase bad build orders.. kind of like Mythbusters. :D

@umeu thanks for the correction. 40% is insane.

Sioux have 3 cards for hunt upgrades (2x 20% which is pretty good for the matter). The exp farms give is pretty irrelevant at the point theyre being sent (not before 4-5 cards for sure). Sioux have a very crowded age2 rack and squeezing that card is impossible.
Simply put there are like 10 cards better than that one. And then if you manage to reach fortress there are another 10.
Image Image Image
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Sioux discussion

Post by cowhax »

Yes I've just grown to prefer the farm shipment over direct hunt upgrade improvements simply for the sake of added XP, and the only expensive hunt upgrade occurs in age 3. If I age up with the bison and 10% hunt improvement, then send farms as my 2nd/3rd shipment, my hunting is good enough I can put more vills on gold. I mean you are suggesting that 700 gold is one of your first age 2 shipments to pump BR right?

I agree Sioux has very stacked age 2/age 3 decks. I'm simply offering the card as a means to repay XP + the hunt upgrades. Would you think it'd be better on maps with no trade route?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sioux discussion

Post by Garja »

I barely use any hunt upgrade in 1v1 btw. There are about 10 cards better (both in value and usefulness) than that too.
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Sioux discussion

Post by _H2O »

The farm wagon card is so kind blowingly bad it's unsendable. It's like advanced hot air balloon or advanced docks. You can't send that card.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Sioux discussion

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

h2o wrote:The farm wagon card is so kind blowingly bad it''s unsendable. It''s like advanced hot air balloon or advanced docks. You can''t send that card.
Are you hating on advanced docks? ']
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Sioux discussion

Post by cowhax »

Well Sioux is a broken civ so who cares about viability? Like 700 wood, 4 vills, 700 gold, 2 dog soldiers, 3 axe riders, 8 cetan, cav cuirass are better cards, but I like playing to experiment, and part of my experiments is about testing the economic boom-ability for any civ. Comparing 2 farm travois to advanced hot air balloon I am almost insulted by.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Sioux discussion

Post by aoefan4life »

What's the BO for sioux in team games?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Sioux discussion

Post by _H2O »

Making farms is not booming. It's just wasting 800 wood. I understand your thought behind it but it's always possible o find a positive in anything. The exp + option to tech hunting dogs for 100/75 and the other techs is not viable :(. You are free to keep trying it though. Not trying to be harsh just this one is pretty far from viable. To boom I would try tp boom or a fast second Tc in fortress
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Sioux discussion

Post by cowhax »

h2o wrote:Making farms is not booming. It''s just wasting 800 wood. I understand your thought behind it but it''s always possible o find a positive in anything. The exp + option to tech hunting dogs for 100/75 and the other techs is not viable :(. You are free to keep trying it though. Not trying to be harsh just this one is pretty far from viable. To boom I would try tp boom or a fast second Tc in fortress
Lol yeah I''m not convinced just cuz you say it isn''t viable. This is meant to be a discussion thread. Not a "you''re wrong, try again" guessing game thread. And I have thought about both tp boom and 2nd TC. Sioux with 2 TC seems to have a pretty strong eco.

But if you can''t give 1 explanation of why the 2 farm shipment is bad (aside from there being 130 better cards to send), at least let me know why Sioux has to go for BR/raid builds.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Sioux discussion

Post by aoefan4life »

Does anyone else feel that Sioux is extremely awkward in team games? I guess you can keep booming with a constant 5 cav production during the boom though.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Sioux discussion

Post by _venox_ »

In team cav becomes stronger than usual due to the bigger map and longer distances, Sioux imo isn't awkward, but in a 2v2 where your opponents have strong rushing nations and your teammate hasn't to be rushed could be a problem though.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.