Russian timing/defence against timings guide

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Russian timing/defence against timings guide

Post by Hazza54321 »

Russian timing/defence against timings

I am by no means the best player (pr28) however I feel I do know the Russian civilisation well and wanted to share this kinda mini guide with you.

The build order:
If 200w start either go 17vil and build a tp and ship wood tricle,eco theory or go 14vill and go market and early hunting dogs with wood tricle.
Going 14vil and hunting dogs allows you to age at the same time or (depending on tresures) even earlier.
However any other crate start, just go 14vil with a house and no market.
In transition chop for a market(if you havent built one already), hunting dogs and a bh. then build bh forward with 2 vils and put 4vills on gold(if no coin crate start, if coin crate put 2 or 3)
The rest onto food.
With the 400w age up wood build a tp, a house and research steel traps. Steel traps is literally the most important upgrade for russia.

5 coss first
This is always a good shipment to send its worth 750res and is a unit shipment, and is a must in early colonial, especially vs civs who start cav, e.g. french,germans, brits, dutch, ports
This shipment basically saves you from any early cav raiding and it makes it much easier to catch raids. Going forward bh makes you very vulnerable to raids,
so you're forced to send 5 coss first or second because you cant get out enough musk to counter raids early without sacrificing economy.
5 coss first allows you to put on early pressure on your opponent 30 secs before most civs get their first batch of units out. You can also scout what your
opponent is doing with this shipment too, especially if you lost your explorer in age 1.
Knowledge is everything because if you scout semi ff you need to timing, if you scout age 2, play more passive and try to raid if he pushes out.
This happens around either the 8minute mark or the 11minute mark.

Next is 700w
700w is another great shipment and is needed to build your infastructure. It varies what you build depending on what your opponent is doing/what civ they are.
Vs civs like france, germany, build a 2nd tp, up them and build 2nd bh or stable. Put tps on wood for the 2nd bh or stable.
Or if you want to be more aggressive, build a 2nd bh, stable and save some of the wood for houses and strelets.

Next is 700g/700f
700g is a must for Russia as it allows for some relatively strong musk, coss with some strelet timings to punish age ups or to protect from civs pushing your bhs for the map in order to maintain map control.
It maximises the efficiency of researching steel traps early, as you put all (if not,most) vills on food meaning you can gather at a faster rate.
You can spam from 2 bhs and a stable until the gold runs out.
700g also allows you to age up if you earned a large enough of an advantage early age 2. Where you can either go vet musk cannon or cav archer strelet cannon with the musks and coss left over from age 2.

700f is a variation, and is tend to be more of a timing vs infantry civs, like india, japan and perhaps brits. If you do the 700f version, you will need to save some of the wood from the 700w(mentioned above) and use the food to train alot of strelets.
strelets are very good in all range infantry fights and the more you trade strelets vs gurkha and xbows, the happier the russian player is because strelets are just such a good unit. If you have enough strelets, the it is worth to send boyars after this shipment.

Next is can be a variety of shipments, these include 13 strelets/4coss and boyars
It mostly is the 13 strelet shipment. This is because the 13 strelets arrive just when your opponent is pushing to try and get map control and if you pop 10 musk and 13 strelets unexpectedly, then this gains you a huge advantage.
You will tend to have enough musk and some coss to deal with your opponents cav meaning strelets are a very good option.
4 coss is very similar but it works better vs either more cav, or if an opponent has a large number of light inf in age 2 such as longbows or gurkha.
And boyars if you have enough strelet coss mass. Probably Russias best colonial age shipment

This tends to be the build order in 80% of games, however you do ofc need to adapt.
Any questions about this build order or other Russian build orders just as
Criticism is always welcomed :D
Thanks
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Russian timing/defence against timings guide

Post by Jaeger »

with 100w start why not build house and gather 200w for tp?

Also what do you think about russia starting with 1 less vill but with extra 100w or 200w so they can early market+early TP every game XD?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yeah that's the most std build xD, you should do it in most of the games indeed.
I also like the cheese rush since it will force your opponent to play age2 in some MUs.
I alsl like the water boom but people don't like it.
Others BO you forgot are timings without 5coss like spice trade/700w/5coss etc.
A BO I tried recently which seems very good is age up with 500f and go 700w/700g/5coss. You have like 40musk+5coss at 8min.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

it was only one build order, i can do more if you want
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:it was only one build order, i can do more if you want

Yeah, I'd like to! I'm sure you know some russian BO I don't know, that's always nice to learn new bos.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to! I'm sure you know some russian BO I don't know, that's always nice to learn new bos.

now,now dont take the piss
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I'm not trolling.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm not trolling.

i know you are dont bother lol
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm not trolling.

i know you are dont bother lol

I'm not, I swear :O
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

cool stuff thanks for writing
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

5 cos 4 cos rush is stupid but useful vs fre/dutch etc.
as fre dutch tends to send 4cdb/bank wagon and 700w, your all-in rush will destroy his eco, as 700w with all vills in tc is of no use.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:5 cos 4 cos rush is stupid but useful vs fre/dutch etc.
as fre dutch tends to send 4cdb/bank wagon and 700w, your all-in rush will destroy his eco, as 700w with all vills in tc is of no use.

5/4 coss rush is the ideal build vs germany
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:

And it is good vs France, dutch, brit, aztèque.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Hazza54321 wrote:

no. german players will send military shipments. but fre/dutch players learned too much from goodspeed's guide and send 700w 4cdb and gg. :D
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

what about spice trade as 1st card in age II? I used to send spice trade 700wood and 5 cos vs british or france in age 2 and it had fine results
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

idk why should fre/dutch play so greedy? they actually has faaaaar better eco(russia 14p, fre 14cdb, dutch 15p+1 bank) already. if russia 5+4, french just train musk/xbow/pike and send 8xbow 3hussar and russia may lose his blockhouse lol. dutch can also send 8xbow 3huss and train skirm pike to siege his fb. russia early age 2 is actually quite weak.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

no. german players will send military shipments. but fre/dutch players learned too much from goodspeed's guide and send 700w 4cdb and gg. :D

if german send military shipments in age 2 then thats already a win
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

not vs brit imo
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

tedere12 wrote:what about spice trade as 1st card in age II? I used to send spice trade 700wood and 5 cos vs british or france in age 2 and it had fine results

A bit slow but yeah it is good.
I prefer the bo hazza posted vs fre. Vs brit it is very good tho.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Thank you for a nice guide.

I like to use the build mentioned above - 500 food age up, blockhouse and market in transition, 700 wood for stable, houses and market upgrades. The reason why 500 food is because you do not need 1100 wood, and just 400 is too few.

The best Russia player ATM is this guy, his Russia builds are more complicated than Iroquois treaty boom and his decks are works of art! We will never be at the same level!

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/Entit ... _Supremacy
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yurashic wrote:Thank you for a nice guide.

I like to use the build mentioned above - 500 food age up, blockhouse and market in transition, 700 wood for stable, houses and market upgrades. The reason why 500 food is because you do not need 1100 wood, and just 400 is too few.

The best Russia player ATM is this guy, his Russia builds are more complicated than Iroquois treaty boom and his decks are works of art! We will never be at the same level!

is it possible that you upload a rec of this guy if you have one?
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
tedere12 wrote:what about spice trade as 1st card in age II? I used to send spice trade 700wood and 5 cos vs british or france in age 2 and it had fine results

I have honestly no clue how can Russia ever beat Britain. They do the same Russia does, but significantly better. Like how do you beat 172 26 musketeers with 120 18 musketeers?

Spice trade build is bad IMO. You allow your enemy to age or to mass for free while it does not really benefit you that much.

Goal of Russia against colonial civilizations is to not allow them to get out on the map, against fortress age civilizations - to not age unpunished. Spice trade fails in both cases.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I have honestly no clue how can Russia ever beat Britain. They do the same Russia does, but significantly better. Like how do you beat 172 26 musketeers with 120 18 musketeers?

Spice trade build is bad IMO. You allow your enemy to age or to mass for free while it does not really benefit you that much.

Goal of Russia against colonial civilizations is to not allow them to get out on the map, against fortress age civilizations - to not age unpunished. Spice trade fails in both cases.

you beat brit by utilising strelets and by starving them out. plus russias late colonial eco is better
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

tedere12 wrote:
yurashic wrote:Thank you for a nice guide.

is it possible that you upload a rec of this guy if you have one?

Watch his stream. twitch.tv/quinine
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Somppukunkku we summon you here!