Russian timing/defence against timings guide

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Russian timing/defence against timings guide

Post by Hazza54321 »

Marco1698 wrote:Somppukunkku we summon you here!

lol why? i guess he needs all the help he can get ;) jk <3 u somppu
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

#prayforRussia
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

somppukunkku wrote:#prayforRussia

dw this guide will get you to pr50 in no time
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yurashic wrote:Watch his stream. twitch.tv/quinine

not something special imo lain world is better
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

tedere12 wrote:
yurashic wrote:Watch his stream. twitch.tv/quinine

not something special imo lain world is better

I thought you got the joke.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yeah that's the most std build xD, you should do it in most of the games indeed.
I also like the cheese rush since it will force your opponent to play age2 in some MUs.
I alsl like the water boom but people don't like it.
Others BO you forgot are timings without 5coss like spice trade/700w/5coss etc.
A BO I tried recently which seems very good is age up with 500f and go 700w/700g/5coss. You have like 40musk+5coss at 8min.

I use this start of 500f, but i can't feel a big difference....but maybe i do some mistakes, can we play a game you show me this start? ?
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Hazza54321 wrote:it was only one build order, i can do more if you want

Do do do
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

r4go wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yeah that's the most std build xD, you should do it in most of the games indeed.
I also like the cheese rush since it will force your opponent to play age2 in some MUs.
A BO I tried recently which seems very good is age up with 500f and go 700w/700g/5coss. You have like 40musk+5coss at 8min.

I use this start of 500f, but i can't feel a big difference....but maybe i do some mistakes, can we play a game you show me this start? ?
Why would you 500f if with 400w you can build some houses and make also one strelet batch? 500f just got spent with 3v and 5 musk/10 strelet, food you have already from aging. You don't really have to age up with 500f imo,but we could do some testing on eso whenever you are free my dear
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Marco1698 wrote:
r4go wrote:

Why would you 500f if with 400w you can build some houses and make also one strelet batch? 500f just got spent with 3v and 5 musk/10 strelet, food you have already from aging. You don't really have to age up with 500f imo,but we could do some testing on eso whenever you are free my dear

Is not a bad idea 500f, you have a better mass, if you go musk, and you have all the woods to make house from the card in age 1 (affluss), i mean it will give you a lot of help to get 100w...the problem for me is: when use it, vs who....and i do some mistake
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

r4go wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Is not a bad idea 500f, you have a better mass, if you go musk, and you have all the woods to make house from the card in age 1 (affluss), i mean it will give you a lot of help to get 100w...the problem for me is: when use it, vs who....and i do some mistake

You have to get the market and the upgrades from somewhere too though.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

the 500f build is good for getting both units and vills out continously, however it does sacrifice an early tp
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Hazza54321 wrote:the 500f build is good for getting both units and vills out continously, however it does sacrifice an early tp

is tp good as russian, really?
No Flag A_Klaut
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by A_Klaut »

Thanks for the write-up, very helpful for people like me trying to improve with russia when it seems like they struggle on new EP maps.
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Hazza54321 wrote:the 500f build is good for getting both units and vills out continously, however it does sacrifice an early tp

Yea the 500fd build can be quite nice when your opponent's hunts are not great (more for re maps). With 500fd start you can get 5 musk 5 musk batches out and villagers with no idle, and sending 5 coss 4 coss behind it is a scary rush to hold. Main problem is if you don't damage hard and/or happen to mess up and lose most of your army, you are pretty much screwed since you dont get to make a market for quite sometime (if you send 5coss 4 coss) which Russia depends on for steel traps.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

farran34 wrote:

Yea the 500fd build can be quite nice when your opponent's hunts are not great (more for re maps). With 500fd start you can get 5 musk 5 musk batches out and villagers with no idle, and sending 5 coss 4 coss behind it is a scary rush to hold. Main problem is if you don't damage hard and/or happen to mess up and lose most of your army, you are pretty much screwed since you dont get to make a market for quite sometime (if you send 5coss 4 coss) which Russia depends on for steel traps.

yeah you cant really get early tp and market if 500f age up, but as you said it allows consistent 5/5/5 batches with vills. i wouldnt recomend going 5/4 coss though, as you need 700w first for housing and infastructure and market ups
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

A_Klaut wrote:Thanks for the write-up, very helpful for people like me trying to improve with russia when it seems like they struggle on new EP maps.

no problem buddy, am willing to do more writeups, and maybe even practice in games if you want, my eso is hazza54321
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Hazza54321 wrote:
farran34 wrote:

yeah you cant really get early tp and market if 500f age up, but as you said it allows consistent 5/5/5 batches with vills. i wouldnt recomend going 5/4 coss though, as you need 700w first for housing and infastructure and market ups

You should be able to get away without sending 700wd after 5 cossack in terms of housing (you chop 100wd-200wd during transition extra for housing depending on treasures), but yes if you want a market, tp/s, stable, or another blockhouse you need the 700wd. If I do 500fd age up though I prefer to do it to for the purpose to rush really hard, and I think going 5/5/5 muskets 5 cossack 4 cossack while still maintaining constant vill production is the best way to do a really hard russia rush. In this case I would rather have the 4 cossack for continuing pressure rather than the market and blockhouse I would probably use to add, and if I wanted to add those earlier I would probably just age 400wd.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

With 500f age up you have to send 700w 1st or that's pointless.
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:With 500f age up you have to send 700w 1st or that's pointless.

I think you are probably right, I just meant if you want to go for the hardest rush for russia, 500fd will get you the most units out and you wont lose villager production. On ESOC maps vs top players I don't see many (or almost any) good situations to utilize 500fd for a hard rush, as it forces you to push them rather than mass since you wont have a market for quite some time and will fall behind economically unless they are idle in tc.

500f age up sending 700wd is an interesting BO I haven't tested much, is it for a timing push?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

farran34 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:With 500f age up you have to send 700w 1st or that's pointless.

I think you are probably right, I just meant if you want to go for the hardest rush for russia, 500fd will get you the most units out and you wont lose villager production. On ESOC maps vs top players I don't see many (or almost any) good situations to utilize 500fd for a hard rush, as it forces you to push them rather than mass since you wont have a market for quite some time and will fall behind economically unless they are idle in tc.

500f age up sending 700wd is an interesting BO I haven't tested much, is it for a timing push?

50musk+9coss at 8:30.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
farran34 wrote:

can you show me this strategy??whit a rec game?? <3 <3 <3
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
farran34 wrote:

I really doubt you get that many units at that time
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

so do i, 700w 5 coss 4 coss is 3 shipments which is about 830, how can you afford 50musk without a crate shipment
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Hazza54321 wrote:so do i, 700w 5 coss 4 coss is 3 shipments which is about 830, how can you afford 50musk without a crate shipment

I haven't tested the build but there is no way I can think of he can get 50 musk without sending 700gd or 700fd. He would need to gather 2810 food 930 gold not counting villager production and resources for market ups. If I am wrong pls show me build because I would like to use that haha...