Easy
1.Do FI with china
2.Send bow/pike reforms
3.Win
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

China semi-FF?

Post by Mimsy for President »

cowhax wrote:so why does it seem China players don''t max out villages before sending the age 1 villager shipment?

Because you don''t have time nor resource to waste in 1v1 supremacy. Although you receive ''only'' 3 vills, it''s still a good compromise if not the best.
You can afford what you said in team game though.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

China semi-FF?

Post by cowhax »

shaolinstar wrote:
cowhax wrote:so why does it seem China players dont max out villages before sending the age 1 villager shipment?
Because you dont have time nor resource to waste in 1v1 supremacy. Although you receive only 3 vills, its still a good compromise if not the best.
You can afford what you said in team game though.
Is that just in FF builds or overall they dont do that? I find building 2 villages before age up to be a waste of resources. I mean 400 wood for 3 vills is not a bargain.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

China semi-FF?

Post by Mimsy for President »

I think people do your trick in treaty or deathmatch. Trust me, it's a good deal to hold rush. What could be better ?
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

China semi-FF?

Post by cowhax »

shaolinstar wrote:I think people do your trick in treaty or deathmatch. Trust me, it''s a good deal to hold rush. What could be better ?
I''m just thinking China usually doesn''t get enough resources at the start for you to immediately build 2 vills. you probably have to chop at least 100 wood. I guess I kind of like eco-based colonial china. you can do enough to hold off a rush within age 2 you don''t have to FF to be effective.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

China semi-FF?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

cowhax wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I think people do your trick in treaty or deathmatch. Trust me, its a good deal to hold rush. What could be better ?
Im just thinking China usually doesnt get enough resources at the start for you to immediately build 2 vills. you probably have to chop at least 100 wood. I guess I kind of like eco-based colonial china. you can do enough to hold off a rush within age 2 you dont have to FF to be effective.
You have to ff , sacrify the age3 for 1vill is just stupid.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

China semi-FF?

Post by musketeer925 »

cowhax wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I think people do your trick in treaty or deathmatch. Trust me, its a good deal to hold rush. What could be better ?
Im just thinking China usually doesnt get enough resources at the start for you to immediately build 2 vills. you probably have to chop at least 100 wood. I guess I kind of like eco-based colonial china. you can do enough to hold off a rush within age 2 you dont have to FF to be effective.
They always start 200f/300w, so you have to chop 100w max and more likely closer to 50 assuming a treasure.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

China semi-FF?

Post by cowhax »

diarouga wrote:
cowhax wrote:Im just thinking China usually doesnt get enough resources at the start for you to immediately build 2 vills. you probably have to chop at least 100 wood. I guess I kind of like eco-based colonial china. you can do enough to hold off a rush within age 2 you dont have to FF to be effective.
You have to ff , sacrify the age3 for 1vill is just stupid.
I dont know what that means.

@musketeer925 good point
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

China semi-FF?

Post by musketeer925 »

cowhax wrote:
diarouga wrote:You have to ff , sacrify the age3 for 1vill is just stupid.
I dont know what that means.

@musketeer925 good point
Oh cool, @ing people works? It sent me an email, lol.

I am really impressed with this forum.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

China semi-FF?

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I wish I had TAD so I could play China and get steamrolled by the Europeans every time they came to take my silver.
France ramex12
Skirmisher

China semi-FF?

Post by ramex12 »

diarouga wrote:I''ve a question about the ff. What is the best between tp and village?
Sure tp gives you 1 more shipment and allows you to send a military shipment vs a rush, but village is 200w+1vill...
I believe it depends on the tp location first. If it''s safe location like on gp, you can go for a tp I assume. if it''s not then I''d prefer to go for a second village.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

China semi-FF?

Post by fei123456 »

send 9pike/8 xbow/7 steppe rider, train 1-2 batches of army, and send 700g to age up(or keep in age 2, if you cant age up safely). chop for consulate and markets. you can hold you enemy's rush/raid easier, but you have to chop a lot.
this kind semiFF may not be BETTER than straight ff, but it IS available.
i cant agree that ff is the only "right" way to play china, the same to that shrine boom is the only "right" way to play japan. if you can only play a civ in a certain build, it must be easy for your opponent to counter this, even if it's really a solid build.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

China semi-FF?

Post by yurashic »

China semi-ff is not good. It is so slow that loses to both colonial timings and early fortress timings.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

China semi-FF?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

yurashic wrote:China semi-ff is not good. It is so slow that loses to both colonial timings and early fortress timings.
Yes
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

China semi-FF?

Post by _venox_ »

China can sacrifice 1 villager and a village for a trading post and can also sacrifice another 2 villagers for a second trading post (300w first) and not having to gather 100w in discovery (faster age > less villagers on wonder > more economy). The trading posts give the possibility to send 8 bows or 9 pikes to defend and still be able to send 700w, 9 pikes being able to defend your 8 age up arquebusiers against cav only builds. In very rare cases sending 300 export and getting 6 + 9 redcoats can be strong as well, getting your second 6 redcoats batch earlier too. Maybe with 2 tps you could send the age 1 consulate upgrade instead of the 700w and go 300 export french ally > all 3 crates against very passive enemies.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France iNcog
Ninja

China semi-FF?

Post by iNcog »

that's pretty interesting venox
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.