Ways to deal with Spanish in treaty

No Flag edwinchang
Crossbow

Post by edwinchang »

Yesterday,I played a 3vs3 nr40 game and I used Germany to stand against Spanish
Yet,I found that I just suffered beating due to the healers of spanish(by cards)
Their dragoons and long-ranged men have such high attack
I tried to send cavs to kill their healers but couldn't succeed
I tried to use some horse cannons and culverins to try but soon were killed by their culverins

Thus,I want to ask any ways to deal with?
France would be a good choice but it is regarded as op country
Or shall we just consider Spanish as an op country or use spanish to withstand spanish too?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I think on maps like Orinoco, where you have a very narrow fighting spot, Spain could be considered overpowered. It is indeed not possible to snipe their misionaries and their since artillery is everything on that map, their culvs always win. I would delete a ton of villagers as Germany, as your eco will be far better than his. Spamming skirms with a few ww and a lot of culvs can work here, but your micro has to be good. Otherwise just play Spain and mirror him.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

spanish are the best non-lame civ on andes.

"lame" as defined by the TRT community is france japan russia.

On other maps germans should do just fine or be considered better just becuase of their eco. The incan units and spains general pushing power make it so they do very well with nats on andes.

Deccan and Orinoco are the only other maps ive seen no rush people play. On those maps spain is weaker for sure.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

Post by lukasl99 »

On andes art is the way to go vs Spain. Especially in natives, where you have extra anti cav (incas), forcing Spain into an art fight is the best way to win vs them. Their culvs get 114 attack with the missionary's bonus, which is enough to one-shot horse art but not culverines, that means spain doesn't really get a huge advantage in art fights (compared to their other units). Also their weak eco won't support an art war as long as your German eco will and if you can hold long enough until your infinite heavy cannon shipment arrives you'll just wreck spain.

Also if you know that Spain is pretty much going "all in" with pure skirm/lancer/nat and pushes like crazy you can go down to 60-70 vill pop since you start with like 500-650 points more than him and he won't be able to push you (if you hold 200 pop all the time), also Spain doesn't really have a great defensive combo (their skirm/dragoon/art just isn't effective as skirm/lancer/rod). But going so low on vills requires a good macro and can lose you the game if you don't look at your res distribution well enough.

Edit: Please don't try to kill their missionaries with skirms/war wagons unless he really isn't paying attention to them or you have idle culvs.