Port Musk rush (13 vil)

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Port Musk rush (13 vil)

Post by Durokan »

Portugal Musket Rush
When the game starts, split your villagers as follows: 4 to hunts, 3 to wood crates.
Train villagers until you have 13.
Immediately build a market with your starting wood if you started with coin or wood in addition to the normal wood. Then place a house using either gold > wood or the 100 wood.
If you have a low crate start and no good treasures, skip the market until transition.
Upgrade to hunting dogs using treasures and gathered resources.
Stockpile shipment for colonial age.
Age with 13 villagers at 2:35 with the Quartermaster
Send two villagers forward to a gold mine at about half map or slightly further up.
Villager split in transition is 5 on hunts, 6 on wood, 2 forward villagers on coin. (We want to have gathered ~280 wood by colonial assuming we already have dogs and a market.)
When you hit colonial, gather the wood crates and drop 1 barracks with each villager on gold up front. Send the wagon near the forward base.
Immediately send 700 gold, followed by 700 food, followed by 6 musketeers. The musketeers are the only one sent to the forward town center.
Villager split at this time of the game is 8 on food, 3 on wood for two houses (120 wood), 2 building the barracks.
Place a each house with a wood villager when applicable.
When the forward base finishes building, queue 5 muskets on each base for 10 musketeers. This batch finishes at 5:10
We need to cut villager production for the next minute to get out musketeers.
All villagers go to food except for a few gathering the gold crates at the main town center.
Another batch of 10 musketeers is queued, it finishes at 5:55.
We queue another batch of 10 and ship our 6 musketeers to the forward base.
If done correctly, we should have 36 musketeers at 6:30 a few feet away from our opponent's base.
3 villagers go to gold.
Ship 700 wood and resume villager production.
Using 700 wood, we research steel traps, placer mines, place a stable, house, and a trading post with explorer.
Villager split is now 12 food, 2 on 700 wood, 6 gold. This gives us 20 villagers.
Ship spice trade.
Start making Hussars.
Ship 600 wood. Research amalgamation and build houses.

Deck
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
India _DB_
Howdah

Re: Port Musk rush (13 vil)

Post by _DB_ »

op strat

add to strat wall pls
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

nice i did 1 rax musk spam it team games with ports with spice trade 2nd card in colonial so i think that with crates you can afford double rax spam easily
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Do you still need a CM card when you rush? Wouldn't something like 600c be better?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Your town center is forward. Send CM. Drop 400/400, get an instant army. PROFIT
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hm, didn't think about that... Still I would invest into a legit army :D
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Durokan wrote:Portugal Musket Rush
Train villagers until you have 13.

??????????????????????????
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@Durokan
I do a similar build when I have a 200w start as ports. I go early tp, chop for a house and age up with 14 vils ; I send 300w / 700g / 700f / 6 musks. I don't chop any wood at all, I use 300w + 400w for 2 raxes + 3 houses, and I get 36 musks at 7 min (without ever cutting villager production).
There are a few things I don't understand in your build though : why do you chop 280w + 120w ? It means 400w for 4 houses. With the age 1 house and both tcs, you go up to 70 pop space. With 36 musks + vils though, you only need 60 pop space (which is why I send 300w to get 3 houses up).
Also, if you gathered 280w while aging up, I'm pretty sure you can't queue 10 musks without significant treasures. I tried your build and I was able to get only 8 musks at 5:30, while you talk about 10 musks at 5:10. I had the best start though : 300f 200w start and a 50g treasure in base, which means I was able to get hunt dogs really fast and had to chop only 50w.
Idk, I doubt you can get 36 musks at 6:30 really. Especially when you don't have an OP treasure or an OP start. But don't get me wrong, the build is nice, it changes from the standard camping port builds. I just have doubts about the timings you wrote

EDIT : seeing the 4 mams in your deck, you did this on ep while I did on RE. So I guess it's easier with 80f vils, but still, I doubt you can get 36 musks at 6:30.

pecelot wrote:Do you still need a CM card when you rush? Wouldn't something like 600c be better?

I think you should keep CM as ports, we never know what will happen later on. I'd rather remove the age 4 gunpowder combat card to add 600 gold.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Kaiserklein wrote:@Durokan
I do a similar build when I have a 200w start as ports. I go early tp, chop for a house and age up with 14 vils ; I send 300w / 700g / 700f / 6 musks. I don't chop any wood at all, I use 300w + 400w for 2 raxes + 3 houses, and I get 36 musks at 7 min (without ever cutting villager production).
There are a few things I don't understand in your build though : why do you chop 280w + 120w ? It means 400w for 4 houses. With the age 1 house and both tcs, you go up to 70 pop space. With 36 musks + vils though, you only need 60 pop space (which is why I send 300w to get 3 houses up).
Also, if you gathered 280w while aging up, I'm pretty sure you can't queue 10 musks without significant treasures. I tried your build and I was able to get only 8 musks at 5:30, while you talk about 10 musks at 5:10. I had the best start though : 300f 200w start and a 50g treasure in base, which means I was able to get hunt dogs really fast and had to chop only 50w.
Idk, I doubt you can get 36 musks at 6:30 really. Especially when you don't have an OP treasure or an OP start. But don't get me wrong, the build is nice, it changes from the standard camping port builds. I just have doubts about the timings you wrote

pecelot wrote:Do you still need a CM card when you rush? Wouldn't something like 600c be better?

I think you should keep CM as ports, we never know what will happen later on. I'd rather remove the age 4 gunpowder combat card to add 600 gold.

I pulled this build from a game wickedcossack played against me. I'll upload the rec tonight. (~8hrs from when this was posted). I didn't mention it i guess, yeah this was on the EP. I'll try it on RE and add timings for that at some point (might be alot slower)
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Yeah I've tried this build a number of times and it doesn't seem to pan out when I don't get good treasures. Btw aging on 13 vills with no idle is only possible if you don't build anything but a house age 1, or if you gather everything for hunting dogs in treasures within the first minute or so.

Also since you're sending 700c, it's probably actually better to not put 3v on wood and just trade coin for the wood for the extra house (put them on coin instead).
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:Yeah I've tried this build a number of times and it doesn't seem to pan out when I don't get good treasures. Btw aging on 13 vills with no idle is only possible if you don't build anything but a house age 1, or if you gather everything for hunting dogs in treasures within the first minute or so.

Also since you're sending 700c, it's probably actually better to not put 3v on wood and just trade coin for the wood for the extra house (put them on coin instead).

With 300f 200w or 300f 100w 100g and a small gold treasure you can age up almost without idle time with hd. I would always go early tp on 200w start though.
Buying wood is actually not worth it without placer mines, so here its better to just chop it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

@Kaiserklein

Here are the recs I promised.
I'll try to do a better rec of the rush myself, but what I have here is me executing the build without treasures (so i skipped market too). The muskets finish ~6:40 and hit at 7:00. I could have built close to the opponent and I would have hit earlier, and I'm not a particularly good player so the early game isn't super crisp. I'm sure a better player is worth at least 10 seconds, having market upgrades off of treasures is too. It was also a 200f 100w start, which is pretty garbage.

I also may have miswrote 5:20 as 5:10, but I'll run it a bunch tomorrow to see if I can do it then. (I wrote this a while ago and honestly don't remember what the timing is supposed to be)
Attachments
[EP1 SP] Durokan[BR] vs WickedCossack[PT] - ESOC Hudson Bay.age3yrec
EP recording; won't work on RE patch.
(735.75 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
ESOC Hudson Bay
ESOC Hudson Bay
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 1.0
Length: 15 minutes
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ok I'll watch later thanks
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Kaiserklein wrote:Ok I'll watch later thanks

Hey, got a better version of the build for you here. I picked up enough treasures to pay for hunting dogs though(40 + 50 coin and 50w)
Rec contents
36 muskets at 6:35 with hunting dogs and 13v, minorly sloppy play though I think it was pretty good, accidentally belled my vills at one point and didn't have perfect micro upon aging up.

Something important to note that with this build it helps to get a little bit of extra experience, such as killing guardians so you can ship the 6muskts slightly faster.
Attachments
durokans not as bad rush.age3Yrec
EP recording
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
United States of America bigballer7
Crossbow
ESO: bigballer7

Post by bigballer7 »

@Durokan recording goes out of sync is there a way you know of to download the ep 1.0 so I can watch this?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Even better. In your EP launcher click on "Tools" and then "Recorded Games" (or smth like that) and then select the recorded game file you want to watch and it'll all be good. @bigballer7
United States of America bigballer7
Crossbow
ESO: bigballer7

Post by bigballer7 »

@deleted_user4 genius love it! Thanks man
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

this build is insane on Deccan lol