British Colonial Muskets

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: British Colonial Muskets

Post by pecelot »

But you get your rax sooner and still get almost two full batches after constructing them. I just don't really see a point in delaying your age-up time for a little economic boost of a questionable quality when attempting an aggressive strategy.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it's because you have never used the strat and compared it to the alternative.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

macacoalbino wrote:I didnt notice he was talking about aklak build. But still, do you really want to delay your ageup with that strategy?

you need the extra house or you will be pop-capped. and if you age faster with less villagers you will not be able to gather the wood for 2 raxes and 2 houses which is what you need in order to execute the strat. if you make 3 houses in colonial you only need to make 1 in transition + 400w for raxes. if you make only 2 houses in transition you need to still gather for 1 + 400w but leave a few vils on wood for the last house to come before you are popped.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

deleted_user wrote:How many equally viable options does Jap have, though?

Hmm, IMO Japan has a lot of options. Most people only do the port+kami stuff, which IMO is overrated and quite circumstantial, however, there aren't a lot of Japan players now adays so I am not sure how viable the stuff I do is in the current meta. I mean why I love Japan is that they are so adaptable, being able to make small changes for every map and every matchup quite easily. I would say that they have 4 equally good age 1 cards (kami, 3 boats, 300w, 2v), each is very circumstantial though. They also have a ton of choices on army composition, and with the addition of the consulate they have so many different options for timings and such. Brit is nice in that they don't need to change their build order that much to adapt, as you are still going to be shipping 3v or VC and then wood crates and upgrade cards at some point. However, brit is still quite map-reliant, while IMO Japan is the least map reliant civ in the game.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:it's because you have never used the strat and compared it to the alternative.

Have you even tried it with double 300w? nob
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

U wot mate?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'm working on pro recsh, be patient :idea:
No Flag Coyote
Crossbow

Post by Coyote »

Yea, when you do the aklak build you can't age at 4:10 because else you won't have enough eco to mass.
Else it's always better to age asap.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:I didnt notice he was talking about aklak build. But still, do you really want to delay your ageup with that strategy?

you need the extra house or you will be pop-capped. and if you age faster with less villagers you will not be able to gather the wood for 2 raxes and 2 houses which is what you need in order to execute the strat. if you make 3 houses in colonial you only need to make 1 in transition + 400w for raxes. if you make only 2 houses in transition you need to still gather for 1 + 400w but leave a few vils on wood for the last house to come before you are popped.

Cool explanation. When youre not getting steel traps and it also doesnt matter if you ship your colonial shipment sooner or later then it makes a lot of sense to delay your age up a little.