French Cav Semi FF

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: French Cav Semi FF

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:Does anyone use the crossbow -> skirmisher card? or the russian strelet -> musketeer card, or the spain pikemen-> rodelero cards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNVK3Hx2RM&t=720
oranges.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Aizamk wrote:
noissance wrote:Does anyone use the crossbow -> skirmisher card? or the russian strelet -> musketeer card, or the spain pikemen-> rodelero cards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNVK3Hx2RM&t=720

that Indian V Russian match lol :lol:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Most of these cards are useless. The pike to rods you need to have like 100 pikes to justify sending the card, and you dont even have veteran for it. The only good cards of that sort are those who change the unittype too. So the strelet to musk, and the axerider to riflerider.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

They're all bad imo
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

pecelot wrote:In later Fortress it's a huge boost actually, after you send all the important cards, Refrigeration gives you 20% bonus on gathering food, so if you have let's say 20 vills on food, it gives you 4 invisible settlers. The latter, the more of a bonus it will become. For me it's a no-brainer in every European deck, along with Royal Mint.

If you have steel traps, it's a 15% increase in hunting gather rate, so it's 3 invisible settlers. A 3-settler shipment in fortress is not that impactful, to be honest.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

umeu wrote:

Most of these cards are useless. The pike to rods you need to have like 100 pikes to justify sending the card, and you dont even have veteran for it. The only good cards of that sort are those who change the unittype too. So the strelet to musk, and the axerider to riflerider.

Russian strelet > musk card can be very good. Watch Aiz streams :P
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Gendarme wrote:
pecelot wrote:In later Fortress it's a huge boost actually, after you send all the important cards, Refrigeration gives you 20% bonus on gathering food, so if you have let's say 20 vills on food, it gives you 4 invisible settlers. The latter, the more of a bonus it will become. For me it's a no-brainer in every European deck, along with Royal Mint.

If you have steel traps, it's a 15% increase in hunting gather rate, so it's 3 invisible settlers. A 3-settler shipment in fortress is not that impactful, to be honest.

It adds up over time, I said later Fortress, by then you can have a lot more vills, on top of that it wins IMO with its other shipment contenders at this stage.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

imo refrigeration in early fortress isnt any good, but in late fortress its great, when you are with a 60vill eco.. also, it makes the transition into mills easier.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

thats the point, its generally an eco upgrade, it has its obvious pros at certain times, like late fortress
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

I have Richelieu's reforms (French xbow to skirm card) in a rush deck, with the idea being I do the standard xbow/pike rush and if my opponent stabilizes I can spam out some more xbow real quick and change them into skirmishers. But its not a deck I use in competitive play
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:I have Richelieu's reforms (French xbow to skirm card) in a rush deck, with the idea being I do the standard xbow/pike rush and if my opponent stabilizes I can spam out some more xbow real quick and change them into skirmishers. But its not a deck I use in competitive play
The card that turns your xbows into skirmishers is called Tirailleurs. Richelieu's Regiment is the age IV card that ship 6 Hussars and 2 Cuirassiers. Suvorov Reforms is the Russian card that changes Strelets into Musketeers
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Retired Contributor

Yeah that's correct. It's all French to me lol
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Who is this imposter? Reveal yourself! @CurassierAndCurassier
Pay more attention to detail.
Retired Contributor

Gendarme wrote:Who is this imposter? Reveal yourself! @CurassierAndCurassier

Ruh roh. There can be only one French heavy cav themed username on this board.

I call dibs
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:

I have Richelieu's reforms (French xbow to skirm card) in a rush deck, with the idea being I do the standard xbow/pike rush and if my opponent stabilizes I can spam out some more xbow real quick and change them into skirmishers. But its not a deck I use in competitive play

You were that guy on reddit, amirite? Hi and welcome!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

confusing
good pick pikilic, wanted to point it out myself!
for age 2 skirms I recommend the Early Skirms card and watching some acergame_OP!!!
Retired Contributor

iNcog wrote:
CurassierAndCurassier wrote:

You were that guy on reddit, amirite? Hi and welcome!

That's me! Thank you!