French Cav Semi FF

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: French Cav Semi FF

Post by Hazza54321 »

Playing age 2 and crushing the fb early at 8mins is the safest way playing vs russia on maps like yukon
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:Playing age 2 and crushing the fb early at 8mins is the safest way playing vs russia on maps like yukon

How is this possible? By this time Russia has 2x blockhouses to fight under it seems. I really struggle v Russia playing Brits and France.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

you can always MM a FB
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

pecelot wrote:you can always MM a FB

I'm not a huge fan of using MM. Getting 300 food and gold sucks when your also trying to gather for a tp/market. Plus it can be too slow if you don't scout it soon enough. Good players can also bait MM then run away and then your screwed because you wasted your MM and he just runs away.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

I find the better way to deal with Russia is 700w (get a rax up ASAP) 4 Cdb 600w/8xbow (depending on if you need houses or army) and then 700g (age up) you should be able to get 5-8 Huss and 5-10 musk + 8 xbow if you need it. You also have MM, tc and Cdb you can use to defend. Once you age up just go skirm/cuir (unless he has a stable then mix goons) and you can rek his army easy.

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I guess you should always scout they fb in this MU... And how do they run away if you have explorer and scout to snare the vills?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

sdsanft wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of using MM. Getting 300 food and gold sucks when your also trying to gather for a tp/market. Plus it can be too slow if you don't scout it soon enough. Good players can also bait MM then run away and then your screwed because you wasted your MM and he just runs away.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6445&hilit=prevent
I talked a little bit about it there. It can be a game-winning move, I beat Hazza once with it and it was my only win against such a good player XD
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Ok, I guess MM could work but I feel like a smart Russian player would send two vills to different locations and if you only scout one vill then he just builds it in the other location.

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

That is true. MM is just the punish for those who just pick 3vills and click forward without caring for where the other player's explorers/scouts are.

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

pecelot wrote:
sdsanft wrote:

I talked a little bit about it there. It can be a game-winning move, I beat Hazza once with it and it was my only win against such a good player XD

Weve played? Xd
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

sdsanft wrote:Ok, I guess MM could work but I feel like a smart Russian player would send two vills to different locations and if you only scout one vill then he just builds it in the other location.

France has 2 scouts
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Hazza54321 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Weve played? Xd

Yeah, once there was no one online and you joined my game, we played Fre v Russ on Siberia and I beat you with MM, and you've never returned ever since XD
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Hazza54321 wrote:
sdsanft wrote:Ok, I guess MM could work but I feel like a smart Russian player would send two vills to different locations and if you only scout one vill then he just builds it in the other location.

France has 2 scouts

One of them is building a to though.

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

pecelot wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Weve played? Xd

Yeah, once there was no one online and you joined my game, we played Fre v Russ on Siberia and I beat you with MM, and you've never returned ever since XD

Ah ye lol that game was gay
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

yee pretty much
although still that's the only time I beat lt colonel :O
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

@sdsanft not at all, you can build it in discovery with 200w start, and if you're aware that you might go for MM you are gathering food and gold, not choping for a tp... The explorer snare is the most important part of MM pop. as he's too tanky in discovery age to get killed and he doesnt alow the vills to run away

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

pecelot wrote:yee pretty much
although still that's the only time I beat lt colonel :O

Haha not quite lt col, but congrats :D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:

France has 2 scouts

Imo its the easiest way, sure you are delayed, but russ is delayed and loses 3 or 4 vils. But its a gamble, if he prepares for it and blocks you with his scout, yoylu are behind. And if you mistime it, you will probably just lose
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hazza54321 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

bc u bad. If you had higher apm you would be able to escape the vills and not lose them to mm. I'd teach you but it would take too long.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

gibson wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

bc u bad. If you had higher apm you would be able to escape the vills and not lose them to mm. I'd teach you but it would take too long.
stop using my words against me
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

The cav attack card doesn't seem that useful for age 2 hussars, but it works wonders with cuirassiers who have higher base stats and thus the 15% increases their damage by a lot more. Also keep in mind that aoe damage befits more from damage increase than regular damage.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

_venox_ wrote:The cav attack card doesn't seem that useful for age 2 hussars, but it works wonders with cuirassiers who have higher base stats and thus the 15% increases their damage by a lot more. Also keep in mind that aoe damage befits more from damage increase than regular damage.

It's definitely a strong card, especially for team games but in 1v1 skirms are much more common which is why I suggest skirms hp upgrade over cuir attack. While the extra attack is certainly helpful, especially in certain MUs, skirm hp is better 95 percent of the time.

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

a more popular bo(with 2 tps):
chop 300w (200 for a tp, 75 for placer mine, and 25 left) during transition. build a stable, a house and steel trap with 400w.
send 700w first, build 2nd tp, rax, house house house. then 4v 700g.
then you can do many things: 700g to semiff, 600w/8xbow to push/defend, 600w for stagecoach, etc.

if you can only build one tp, i would play colonial, or save the 4th shipment to age 3(chop wood and send 5goon/8skirm directly, or send 1000w for rax and 2nd tc).

on no tp maps i'd prefer age 2 push, but cav semiff is also avaiable. i'd age up with 4 hussars/6 skirms, train mass hussar during transition (10+), raid a lot, and upgrade them when reaching age 3. then you can do a timing push with 15+ veteran hussar and some skirms/goons.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Does anyone use the crossbow -> skirmisher card? or the russian strelet -> musketeer card, or the spain pikemen-> rodelero cards?
Error 404: Signature not found
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

noissance wrote:Does anyone use the crossbow -> skirmisher card? or the russian strelet -> musketeer card, or the spain pikemen-> rodelero cards?

suvorov reform is useful in some cases. russian ff with suvorov (47 vet musks at 9:00) can surprise you opponent sometimes. and you can also use it in any cases when you have some advantage in colonial and try to age up. you can easily mass 40+ strelets during transition, thus push him hard asap.
but the other two is less useful: you usually won't train many xbow in age 2, let alone pikes.