German Cav Semi FF

Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Re: German Cav Semi FF

Post by britishmusketeer »

hayasaka wrote:Another question is the age2 card that gives more pop for german houses, is it viable ?

If you send it at 70 pop, it is worth 1200w, and whilst you won't use all that pop straight away, by the time you timing push, your army will probably be at around 140 pop since ger is so pop heavy, so technically it isn't a bad card. However 700w is usually better since you can get vet uhlans/rax/amalgamation/tps with it as well as houses. If you have fought in age 2 for a bit and already got lots of that stuff already though, it can be good.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
hayasaka wrote:Another question is the age2 card that gives more pop for german houses, is it viable ?

If you send it at 70 pop, it is worth 1200w, and whilst you won't use all that pop straight away, by the time you timing push, your army will probably be at around 140 pop since ger is so pop heavy, so technically it isn't a bad card. However 700w is usually better since you can get vet uhlans/rax/amalgamation/tps with it as well as houses. If you have fought in age 2 for a bit and already got lots of that stuff already though, it can be good.

you only send that card if doing mercs, otherwise 3sw/700w/even 2 sw are much better cards
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

sirmusket wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

you only send that card if doing mercs, otherwise 3sw/700w/even 2 sw are much better cards

I already said that 700w is better. Personally i'm not a fan of 4 vill shipments in general.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I already said that 700w is better. Personally i'm not a fan of 4 vill shipments in general.

yeah its not great, but can be ok in certain situations
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you merc you still send 700w
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:If you merc you still send 700w

2sw, PS, 3sw, 700g, 700w?, then your wont rlly have age III shipment for a while i feel
Canada hayasaka
Crossbow
ESO: Hayasaka

Post by hayasaka »

i think he doesnt have the intention to age up
keep watching the sky :smile:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

hayasaka wrote:i think he doesnt have the intention to age up

he does..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

sirmusket wrote:

2sw, PS, 3sw, 700g, 700w?, then your wont rlly have age III shipment for a while i feel

700w before 700g, always in this order as germany. But I mostly don't send 700g, and I gather everything for age up. You can do it with 700g though, just need to make another batch of outlaws or so.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

it depends on the time you get your first tp up.
if you have 200w start: congratulations. with an early tp i strongly suggest sending 700w first. with tons of xp you can send 700w-3sw-700g in a queue, get to age 3 before 8:00 and has great eco, 1-2 tps, and a rax too. and you can also send 700g/8xbow after 700w to hold a rush.
(3sw-700w-700g is available too, but with 700w first you'll have a rax asap, and can have more choices if your opponent rushes u)
if you have 100w start: usually you can only build tp during transition. so if you still go 3sw-700w-700g or 700w-3sw-700g you have to stay in age 2 longer, and are more vulnerable to age 2 timings. so 3sw-700g may be better. skip 700w, chop/buy wood for pops, or send 1000w first if possible.
if you don't think you can really damage him with your raiding, you can skip training uhlan, send 3sw, collect 1200f1000g, and age up fast. the 2nd card is usually 700w, and you'll need 2nd tp for faster shipments.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

sirmusket wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:this isn't really iamgrunt tho..

Why would you think that? :ohmy:

'ESO NAME' 'iamgrunt'

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

meh why all these noobs discussing mercs and outlaws, ive only seen lowbobs do this strat
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

could b
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:
sirmusket wrote:

700w before 700g, always in this order as germany. But I mostly don't send 700g, and I gather everything for age up. You can do it with 700g though, just need to make another batch of outlaws or so.

Yeah I normally do x 2 batch outlaws but send 2sw , thats obvs wrong choice
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Kaiserklein wrote:That's a pretty neat build, well done. I'll just throw in a few extra random remarks :

- Early on, SW on gold / vils on food is both good for resources balance (roughly what you need to constantly prod vils and uhlans) and a clever tasking of your vils : sw are bad at herding because they have a shite shooting animation, and everytime they walk it's twice the waste it would be with a normal vil. I'll add that you usually get raided more on food, and SW are more vulnerable to raids, so better keep them at the mine.

- Try to always build stuff with your SW, it's faster. Also, building houses with SW from the gold mine is nice because you can protect your gold mine with houses (you basically turtle).

- You actually should task all 3 SW to wood/coin when you have a 300f start. 2 reasons :
1) You won't lack food anyway, so better get your infrastructures up asap : having hunt dogs earlier means more food income earlier, having house earlier when you TP means you can ship 2 sw earlier. Also you want to build your stuff before you get your first shipment because you will get xp from them, which means 2 SW shipment even faster.
2) As I said, vils are better at herding, so if you can avoid herding with a SW and instead wait patiently for your vil to pop ouf tc, do it.
On 200f start though, I agree, you have to task 2 SW on food immediately.

- About 200f 200w start : this one is a bit weird. On maps where you get a good TP (like great plains) you will have your 2 SW shipment before your house is up (because you have to gather food for vils, so you get house later). DO NOT train vils until you reach 10/10 population. I know it sounds safer, but it's bad. The best way to do this is to send 2 SW asap and overpop at 13/10 population. With a good macro, you will get your house up in time or almost, which means you almost won't have any TC idle time BUT you will have 2 SW much earlier, which means you will age up earlier.

- If you have 100 gold start but you don't have any gold treasure, I advise you to sell 100 food for 75 gold instead of actually mining the gold. This is actually true for any other civ. Why ? Because with hunt dogs, 75 gold is worth 115 food. So basically, you pay 100f for something worth 115f, so you get 15f for free. I'll also add that it will be easier to macro since you get 75g instantly (the exact amount of gold you need !) and you also won't have to move vils between gold and food, which means even more resources saved.
Do it as late as possible though : try to scout the map for gold treasures, and only if you didn't find any of those when you're going to need a house, sell food - buy wood - build the house.

- I personally almost always do something on 100w 300f start. I consider you will almost always get a treasure to help you anyway. In some match ups you can go early TP on 300f 100w start, like vs japan, but it means 18 age up, so I usually go market on that start. For example, if you find 50 gold, you will have 700+ food after the 17th vil comes out, which is very decent. Without treasure you're most likely to age up with 18 vils, so in that case it's probs better to not make a market.

- You shouldn't build a house during transition. You usually chop 125w and keep them, then build a stable asap with 125w + 400w age up, then build 3 houses, and you have 25w left for when 700w comes. If you don't plan on sending 700w, then you can chop only 100w, but keep it to get the stable up faster.

- Which brings us to my other point : 3 sw 700w 700g semi-ff is almost always better than 3 sw 700g. It's just more versatile : you can get barracks up in colonial, which means you can get bows or dops out if you need to ; you get more houses, which means you can also prod more uhlans and/or ship 8 bows if you need to, for a good defense (with 3 sw 700g semi, you would be housed) ; you can even use 200w from those 700w to prod 5 bows ; and, finally, you will be able to get steel traps easily. You will age up around 8:30 instead of 7:40, but honestly it's worth it, especially since your semi is much safer that way.

- In case you still want to do a 3 sw 700g semi : don't send 700w after 700g ! It means you won't have a shipment ready when you hit fortress, which is very dangerous, especially as germany, a civ that relies so much on units shipments. it's also a bit sad because you would be able to ship 1000w not long after anyway. If you feel like it sucks to chop all that wood instead of having a neat 700w, well then, go 3 sw 700w 700g semi.

- You should probs have researched gang saw while aging to colonial. But it doesn't matter much anyway.

- Vet uhlans are not always a priority. You do need ot get them vet early enough, but in some match ups (those where you don't mass a lot of uhlans, for example against spain or france) I'd rather mass more skirms instead.
About what shipments you should send, I'd say 1000w first when your opponent also aged to 3 (unless it's a very aggressive age 3 civ like spain), then blackriders, because those 2 shipments are the best you have (blackriders are your best anti-cav). If your opponent is pressuring you when you age up, I often ship 3 WW, because he's likely to have a lot of cav (germany is weak against cav) and overall WW is super good against musk cav. 8 skirms are risky, especially if you already called mm, which is likely if your opponent has been pressuring you. If your opponent is staying colonial but isn't too aggressive (so he's probably booming), I guess 8 skirms is your best bet.

- I like the 3 cav semi with steel traps, it can indeed work against japan, brits and spain. Also consider 3 sw / 700w naked FF against those civs.
I'd advise more cav against China and ports though, you want to abuse their early weakness.

- 3 sw 700w 700g indeed. Actually can be used in almost all match ups. I'm usually not a fan of the 2nd TP though, you will build it just before you age up, which is when you're weakest, so you're likely to lose that TP really fast. But it's still an option against boomy civs, can even be a stagecoach on some maps.

But 3 sw 700g is still a very decent build, and you wrote it nicely anyway, I'm just nitpicking.

noissance wrote:Thank you, i was always doing naked ff as germany (2SW 3SW 700g) at 6:30, but a semi seems like it's worth it.

Against civs that you might not be able to raid, like spain brits japan, you might want to do naked ff. 3 sw 700g naked ff only works with an early TP though : without early TP, 700g will come too late and your age up will be delayed.

Guy Lamme...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

MERCS IS NOB LAMMER STRATS
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:MERCS IS NOB LAMMER STRATS

Why do you think SW are more vulnerable to raids? Sure when a SW gets snared thats 2 vills getting snared, but they also have the advantage of having more hp (double?) so that in situations where the cav does enough damage to kill a vill, a SW will survive and get to the TC.

Also this is not gonna happen, but i think a SW walking speed buff to 4.5 or even 5 would be cool, and make the SW even more unique
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

SWs don't have a melee resist
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Sw are strong enough rofl. 405hp and 30%range resist
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Quite late to the party, but this is indeed very helpful!

Regarding the coin start, I stumbled upon one of Kaiser's videos with a very good example of how to handle it. Thought I'd share it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z718UoR ... .be&t=7806
He only idles TC for like 3-4 sec while finishing hunting dogs at 01:18. Does start with a 30 coin treasure but this could probably have been done the same even without it.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

tabben the hung map hacker
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

tabben wrote:Quite late to the party, but this is indeed very helpful!

Regarding the coin start, I stumbled upon one of Kaiser's videos with a very good example of how to handle it. Thought I'd share it:
He only idles TC for like 3-4 sec while finishing hunting dogs at 01:18. Does start with a 30 coin treasure but this could probably have been done the same even without it.

His execution was actually rather sloppy (had 200f while being short on coin for the house). You can always get hunting dogs on 200f 100w 100c without idling your tc, even without any treasures. You will however have to idle a bit before you age. The builds I presented are a little bit outdated by now except for 3SW, 700w, 700c. You might wanna take a look at Mitoe's guide instead.
Pakistan Pessu
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 6276842

Post by Pessu »

I AGED UP IN 10.00
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aligator92 wrote:
tabben wrote:Quite late to the party, but this is indeed very helpful!

His execution was actually rather sloppy (had 200f while being short on coin for the house). You can always get hunting dogs on 200f 100w 100c without idling your tc, even without any treasures. You will however have to idle a bit before you age. The builds I presented are a little bit outdated by now except for 3SW, 700w, 700c. You might wanna take a look at Mitoe's guide instead.

Yeah this was 2 years ago and I was a bit slower. I was hoping for a coin treasure I guess, but I should have just switched vils to coin like 5s earlier and it would have been fine. I aged up too late.
Still shows the idea behind the 200f 100w 100g coin start: 2sw on food directly after gathering crates, build market, 1sw on wood and new vils to wood as well, get hunt dogs and switch to food (in case you get a coin treasure and dont need to mine), then switch to coin if needed and buy for house in time. Then all vils on food.