counter russia's early pressure

No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

Re: counter russia's early pressure

Post by manwithoutname »

Looks more like pointless bickering to me. If you think a units has its merits, use it. Why does it matter whether everyone else agrees with you.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

mostly because potential balance adjusted may be made on the basis of who is right
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

iNcog wrote:mostly because potential balance adjusted may be made on the basis of who is right

Yeah, but its not like that affects vanilla.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

manwithoutname wrote:Looks more like pointless bickering to me. If you think a units has its merits, use it. Why does it matter whether everyone else agrees with you.

Because we like talking about the game and this is a forum where you can talk about the game.

I find mankl's argument pretty shitty though. I mean, what is he suggesting? Make musketeers instead? There could be other reasons you lose in fortress as russia (for example the lack of really good shipments or the fact that you have to upgrade quite a few units) or maybe that CA strelet is indeed worse than skirm goon. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use cav archers or that they are really shitty.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

manwithoutname wrote:Looks more like pointless bickering to me. If you think a units has its merits, use it. Why does it matter whether everyone else agrees with you.

This is the place where people can come to debate the merits of certain units. If you don't want to participate in those debates, don't feel obligated to, but don't criticize the people who do want to.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

jerom dropping the s word D:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:I find mankl's argument pretty shitty though. I mean, what is he suggesting? Make musketeers instead? There could be other reasons you lose in fortress as russia (for example the lack of really good shipments or the fact that you have to upgrade quite a few units) or maybe that CA strelet is indeed worse than skirm goon. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use cav archers or that they are really shitty.

Well yeah, saying that something sucks because nobody does it isn't really relevant imo. That's how you make the meta evolve, by trying stuff people usually don't do. For example, Mitoe's german mirror build relies on not sending 3 sw, or at least not early on. How shitty does that look ? No one used to do that, because 3 sw is the best vil shipment in the game, and in the greedy meta you want to ship vils usually. Yet we saw that the strat wasn't bad at all in some cases...

Well the point of aoe forums is to discuss aoe... And for balance purposes it's important to state how good units are. Here for example, russia is known to have a shitty (semi-)ff, so if we find that CA are bad, buffing them could be a way to buff russia's fortress a bit, etc. Then idk, I just like arguing about stuff. Maybe you think it's pointless but I like it so I don't think it's pointless
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag nazarrous
Crossbow

Post by nazarrous »

gibson wrote:You never want to go abus cav archer lol.......

have you watched this? [FP 1.2 rec]

http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Asian-Dynasties/showtopic=197295&#entry2154392

or;
Attachments
[RE SP] Challe[OT] vs tombo_[SP] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(484.5 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 15 minutes
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Post by optimusprime »

ask for Details Harry, or make cav
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jerom wrote:I find mankl's argument pretty shitty though. I mean, what is he suggesting? Make musketeers instead? There could be other reasons you lose in fortress as russia (for example the lack of really good shipments or the fact that you have to upgrade quite a few units) or maybe that CA strelet is indeed worse than skirm goon. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use cav archers or that they are really shitty.

Well yeah, saying that something sucks because nobody does it isn't really relevant imo. That's how you make the meta evolve, by trying stuff people usually don't do. For example, Mitoe's german mirror build relies on not sending 3 sw, or at least not early on. How shitty does that look ? No one used to do that, because 3 sw is the best vil shipment in the game, and in the greedy meta you want to ship vils usually. Yet we saw that the strat wasn't bad at all in some cases...

Well the point of aoe forums is to discuss aoe... And for balance purposes it's important to state how good units are. Here for example, russia is known to have a shitty (semi-)ff, so if we find that CA are bad, buffing them could be a way to buff russia's fortress a bit, etc. Then idk, I just like arguing about stuff. Maybe you think it's pointless but I like it so I don't think it's pointless

i dont think buffing age 3 is rly a good idea since most russ stay age 2 anyway and try to kill you while you try to age.
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience