India op or Jap op

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: India op or Jap op

Post by momuuu »

_DB_ wrote:Its more an advantage for India that their villagers cost wood.

I don't know, but, what you guys think if India's villagers costed food, would India be stronger or worse?

Slightly better. Its actually close to having 90f villagers instead of 100f villagers (they kinda have 110f villagers to be exact).
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Hmm, what if India by default had the feature of +2 sepoys with each card instead of a villager, with food costing vils, would they be better than iro or otto?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

_DB_ wrote:Hmm, what if India by default had the feature of +2 sepoys with each card instead of a villager, with food costing vils, would they be better than iro or otto?

You could do an incredible no-eco rush, 10/10 with TP in transition then just send sepoy-600w-sowar-rajput, you'd have crazy number of units.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Italy NoRules89
Crossbow

Post by NoRules89 »

Hazza54321 wrote:india would be better if vills cost food imo, much faster, more hunt dependant yes,but faster age up more units and no one on wood because of the tricles for housing upgrades and more military buildings, less vills in transition etc..

are u sure?? there is the card that can change the cost of villagers in food, but no one send this card. why?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

NoRules89 wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:india would be better if vills cost food imo, much faster, more hunt dependant yes,but faster age up more units and no one on wood because of the tricles for housing upgrades and more military buildings, less vills in transition etc..

are u sure?? there is the card that can change the cost of villagers in food, but no one send this card. why?

waste of card, better shipments.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

In FFA most battles are started age 3-5. I feel like japan is stronger to india early on then as the game gets later favors India for economy and Indias play style that can jump around and go to to toe with inf. (oh and u better make tigers!) In FFA i think India is far stronger due to Japans reliance on wonders where India just eats them as the icing on the cake. But i love india so I am bias, japan has some wonderful OP strats and units. Both are FUN and somewhat challenging civs and to me that is the important part!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Japan's lategame is much better though, possibly even without wonders.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well then i just must be an OP player.... I find Japan more challenging than other civs, but still easier to beat than a good port, china, france, brit, placing japan in the mid range difficulty. I have even done 1v1 in 55 ori with that matchup and won. I still had many more losses but the indian eco so much better I just out lasted him. But letting dymos in your base and other silly strats u must be prepared to deal with!

the dymo wonder really is detrimental to lose, then u must train much slower out of barracks putting japan into more of a turtle state. which it does have the power to snap back from, but usually its the town under siege that falls flat. ( I,e. in ffa it is much better to prepare to attack first than wait for an enemy at your door)
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Jerom wrote:Japan's lategame is much better though, possibly even without wonders.

without wonders you get completly rekt lol
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

India is one of the worst civ in late game, not even close.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

they have karni and 103 vills but ye they dont have many upgrades
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

no good artillery no church techs
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

that too, slow training units, no good anti skirm
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Papist wrote:I still don't think Japs are OP. Some civs, Brits for example, just wipe the floor with them. I can think of so many times that the first ashi batch has been killed by the first 5 musk and a couple of cav, both as and against Japan.

how on earth do British wipe the floor with Japan? its a very close mu and map dependent.
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

Papist wrote:I still don't think Japs are OP. Some civs, Brits for example, just wipe the floor with them. I can think of so many times that the first ashi batch has been killed by the first 5 musk and a couple of cav, both as and against Japan.

You never start ashi vs brits when you have OP Yumi. You dont push out of your base because you have everything in your base. By the time your 2 gold mines get mined, you will have atleast 2x british army in strength. And age 3 japan>age 3 brits.
If he gets insade your base, you can easily trap him by 2 batches from barracks and MM.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

IP Man wrote:

You never start ashi vs brits when you have OP Yumi. You dont push out of your base because you have everything in your base. By the time your 2 gold mines get mined, you will have atleast 2x british army in strength. And age 3 japan>age 3 brits.
If he gets insade your base, you can easily trap him by 2 batches from barracks and MM.

you have rly no idea
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
IP Man wrote:

you have rly no idea

if you had idea, you would have responded to him instead of me.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's not logical, he doesn't have to response if he know the answer. So no response from him doesn't mean he doesn't know the answer.

Anyways, it would be nice to hear the explanation :D
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

pecelot wrote:It's not logical, he doesn't have to response if he know the answer. So no response from him doesn't mean he doesn't know the answer.

Anyways, it would be nice to hear the explanation :D

The point was if he knew the answer, he could respond to Papist, but he didnt. After i responded to Papist he made drama and said that i have no idea (this can be also considered as offtopic as per site rules because his response isnt constructive).
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

starting with 5 yumi vs britt is always an good idea since yumi do better agains musk and lb and the britt player wont start cav so yumi is always the best choice,if you see he musk huss you can just stick to more ashi and play it out from there.
If he lb/pike you can go age3 if you feel save or add naga, vs musk huss you can do some yumis and ashi with some walls and age also. @pecelot
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

KINGofOsmane wrote:starting with 5 yumi vs britt is always an good idea since yumi do better agains musk and lb and the britt player wont start cav so yumi is always the best choice,if you see he musk huss you can just stick to more ashi and play it out from there.
If he lb/pike you can go age3 if you feel save or add naga vs musk huss you can do some yumis and ashi with some walls and age also. @pecelot

Well that's a point of view, eventhough I agree, some people think that it is better to start ashi because you won't fight his army early with your yumis anyway, and you can raid with ashis while you can't do much with yumis.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

India OP confirmed
nerf elifent
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I think India can beat Jap doing early pressure and killing shrines, but if India lets Jap go Industrial, RIP India. India age 4 units <<< Jap age 4 units
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

India is BROKEN OP, whoever says something different doesnt know India...
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mameluke wrote:India is BROKEN OP, whoever says something different doesnt know India...

@Zhanson10
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk