Civ by civ guide from the masterz?

How pumped are you to see these guides?!?!?

SOUNDS AWESOME WOLOLOLOL<3~!~!!!@@@##@!@@@@@
83%
COOL!
6%
meh
9%
bad idea
2%

Total votes: 47

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

h2o wrote:That''s a mirror build on the fan patch. I would need to look at the fp notes and see if I still would. It was a really useful adaption since the tower gives a lot of wood trickle. Actually i bet it is still good in the mirror and in matchups where you can ff without getting pressured.
But then isnt it difficult to deal with the opponent''s flying crow?
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

I like the temple of heaven over the tower because of the healing ability. Almost instant 1000 hp for every unit including ships and cover mode monk. Recharges faster than a crow trains.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Aztec: Spam tons of shit and attack dance gg
Germany: go semi-ff with tps, ship tons of shit and win the game
Spain: Roleplay piroshiki or just resign
India: just gay agra all the hunts and go fortress when you are able to
Sioux: Make BR. Then maybe add BR and if your opponent is expecting that, add some moar br.
Dutch: If your opponent is not playing: Spain, porto, dutch or russia, just resign
Russia: block all the map, keep your opponent colonial or do timed push at time they hit fortress
Portugese: go water. land map: go ff or resign
French: Do some musk/huss or semi ff.
Japan: shrine all map and wall as much as possible. and don't forget to abuse ashigaru speed.
China: try to win the yak contest if there is one. go ff.
Otto: Don't fall asleep
British: age with tower and hope you are not playing ozarks
Iro: ship 4 kanyes and it's over vs most civs gg wp

I did it gg no re
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Porto shouldnt ff in most mu's. Semi ff is better 9/10 times
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

umeu wrote:Porto shouldnt ff in most mu''s. Semi ff is better 9/10 times

Who even cares bout ports lol.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Fly Crow is shit until industrial I would trade slowly spawning flying crows for the like 6 or 8 vils on wood that the tower gives. The big difference is the skirms that pop when you age
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

Yeah seems like Flying Crows are only good so long as your army is already good. and the skirms are strong but usually just glorified minutemen if you're going FF.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:Porto shouldnt ff in most mu''s. Semi ff is better 9/10 times
When you say semi, it is 300w/700w/700g right?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I dont remember anymore. I was playing around with this, and still not sure wether it is better to 300w to tp and market or to save the shipment. I guess when you get a tp with 200w then its good to 300w otherwise, saving shipment can be better and just chop for the tp during transition. Then you send 700c 700f or 700w to boost your eco. Ports doesnt need so many houses. So 400w can give market and rax or stable and a house. Just get a bit more for hd and steeltraps.

I prefer the slow semi ff where you age around 10 min with 6 cassa. But can do 9 min sometimes.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

-->' chop during transition is best, then 700w/700f/700c easier to macro than 700c/700f imo for semi musk
challe bo works to, 700c/600c for semi cav
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:I dont remember anymore. I was playing around with this, and still not sure wether it is better to 300w to tp and market or to save the shipment. I guess when you get a tp with 200w then its good to 300w otherwise, saving shipment can be better and just chop for the tp during transition. Then you send 700c 700f or 700w to boost your eco. Ports doesnt need so many houses. So 400w can give market and rax or stable and a house. Just get a bit more for hd and steeltraps.

I prefer the slow semi ff where you age around 10 min with 6 cassa. But can do 9 min sometimes.
300w seems really bad imo, you can do 14v age up early market on any crates start with port, so the 300w would just be for TP and it feels really stupid to invest a card for something that gives you more xp. 200w is really not that much to gather in transition. Also, you could get steel traps ASAP and colonial and do 700g 600g with no placer mines, it gives you better age time but yeah prob on most maps 700f is better.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

300w is arguable on nilla but not on tad
I actually forgot the aging time of semi 5c with 700c 600c, prob around 8.15 with fast age
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:I dont remember anymore. I was playing around with this, and still not sure wether it is better to 300w to tp and market or to save the shipment. I guess when you get a tp with 200w then its good to 300w otherwise, saving shipment can be better and just chop for the tp during transition. Then you send 700c 700f or 700w to boost your eco. Ports doesnt need so many houses. So 400w can give market and rax or stable and a house. Just get a bit more for hd and steeltraps.

K, I m surprised to see that you don''t send 700w.
Age 3, you do a skirm+goon+organs+mam compo I guess.
Like 2 organ guns/1k coin/mams?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

benj89 wrote:300w is arguable on nilla but not on tad
I actually forgot the aging time of semi 5c with 700c 600c, prob around 8.15 with fast age
If you dont gather for TP and just go 700g 600g, you can get up at 7:40.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

alright good to know, but i feel like tp is just too needed as port (thats y I like 700w to add 2nd tp+ST+extra houses for musk bo)
and I forgot to if the 700w is better after the 700f/700c which is prob the case otherwise u to slow, but then 2nd tp needed to catch up. cuz u normally no more than semi 15-20 so 2 houses, which u can build early yeah considering u 1rax
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

benj89 wrote:--> chop during transition is best, then 700w/700f/700c easier to macro than 700c/700f imo for semi musk
challe bo works to, 700c/600c for semi cav

Ports doesnt need 700w first card colonial. They can spam 10 musk on 30 pop and get house ready when 700w comes on 2nd card. And still get market ups.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

yep, I realized afterward my mistake
(was confusing with the team strat with 2 rax 2nd tp and ST)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ovi12 wrote:

300w seems really bad imo, you can do 14v age up early market on any crates start with port, so the 300w would just be for TP and it feels really stupid to invest a card for something that gives you more xp. 200w is really not that much to gather in transition. Also, you could get steel traps ASAP and colonial and do 700g 600g with no placer mines, it gives you better age time but yeah prob on most maps 700f is better.?

You cant market with just 100w start unless you hve tres. 300w imakes sense if you go to get more tps in which case you can get 2 tps at 2 min and a shipment more around 10 min with no difference in the early game. It depends on the mu tho if you should or not get more than 1 tp.

I dont like ports rushing to fortress because imo there is no need to
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

diarouga wrote:

K, I m surprised to see that you dont send 700w.
Age 3, you do a skirm+goon+organs+mam compo I guess.
Like 2 organ guns/1k coin/mams?

I send 700w my bo was like 700c700f 700w 600c age then send colo mm during age and whatever u need in fortress, usually units but if u can get away with 1000c its nicer. But i was thinking if really alot of hunts its better to send 600w instead of 700f.

Age time is like 10 min but eco is solid with all market ups (700c can get you mm 15 musk and steeltraps without having to gather any coin, so can get coin ups with 700w)
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

don't u think they do need to rush fort vs some civs like ger?
for the 300w i find it very risky to send it for a 2nd tp while at this point you have no idea whether u will be able to keep it enough time or not
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye i think i saved shipment in most cases. And no i dont think there is a need to rush vs most civs, because if you rush to fort your army wont be better, just different units and your eco will be worse which is the point of ports.

With musk you hold the cav semi np. Ger ages at 8 min which means 8 skir and uhlan in your base at 9. By then you are already aging so just put some vills in tc and train 5 hussar. Ger cant go in cuz of mm trap so ur safe. When they come with more units around 10 min u have 6 cassa around 20 musk if u didnt lose to skirs and 5 hussar + mm. You can hold this push tho its scary. Then their timing hits at 12 andyou should have more goons by then and res to send colo mm. Again scary but can hold, then if you hold ur eco should be better next ship is mams and ur good to go.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

sounds good, many scary moment tho :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Thats what makes ports so fun to play. ye u will have many scary moments with any strat :p but i think the semi deals with them the best in most cases. There is also the cav semi and the 10 huss semi with some musk which can nicely deal with russia or dutch i think. Even the double rax bow or musket contain is decent. But will have to test it again when im back. I forgot so much already that maybe im mixing things up.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

benj89 wrote:alright good to know, but i feel like tp is just too needed as port (thats y I like 700w to add 2nd tp+ST+extra houses for musk bo)
and I forgot to if the 700w is better after the 700f/700c which is prob the case otherwise u to slow, but then 2nd tp needed to catch up. cuz u normally no more than semi 15-20 so 2 houses, which u can build early yeah considering u 1rax
The 700w is worth it only if they don''t make enough units in age2 to kill your second TP. As an eco build you''re right, it''s incredibly strong and even though it''s not always affordable I would probably go for it every single game just to try and sneak an advantage. After all this is a civ that really shouldn''t be able to win if they play it safe.

On China, I haven''t played them at all in a very long time the first thing I have on my list to test with that civ is high eco semi-FF (TP start and 2v 700w unit shipment 700g with fast imperial bureaucracy).
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:
ovi12 wrote:300w seems really bad imo, you can do 14v age up early market on any crates start with port, so the 300w would just be for TP and it feels really stupid to invest a card for something that gives you more xp. 200w is really not that much to gather in transition. Also, you could get steel traps ASAP and colonial and do 700g 600g with no placer mines, it gives you better age time but yeah prob on most maps 700f is better.

You cant market with just 100w start unless you hve tres. 300w imakes sense if you go to get more tps in which case you can get 2 tps at 2 min and a shipment more around 10 min with no difference in the early game. It depends on the mu tho if you should or not get more than 1 tp.

I dont like ports rushing to fortress because imo there is no need to
Yeah i mean if you find some small treasures youre able to do it with 100w start and some idle time, but even if zero treasures (which never happens) I would still take like 7 secs of idle time or w/e for early market.