Port Sheep FI

No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re: Port Sheep FI

Post by Zhanson10 »

I'm not super fond of straight FFs or FIs. I like to semi with cav to keep my opponent on their toes. If u idle him and distract with 8 huss, it can often buy u the time u need to FI without losing the map or being harassed. Having to idle your vils also slows your FI, so why not invest in a Semi FI?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If they don't att it might be worth it
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

deleted_user wrote:What's the fastest semi-alright-BO port FI time? 10 min? 11?

You can be up at like 9:30 I think, no market 1 tp. "Alright" FIs don't really exist, since you basically sacrifice as much as you can afford to in order to get those age 4 shipments as soon as possible. Iirc this is the 700g-700w-1kc-1kf- etc build, aging 500f and fast to 3.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

have u ever thought of aging with 1000 coin and getting mercantilism, for the immedaiate factory and cannon shipments?
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Zhanson10 wrote:have u ever thought of aging with 1000 coin and getting mercantilism, for the immedaiate factory and cannon shipments?

No, interesting idea though especially if you lose your TP. You wouldn't be able to train goons in transition to age 4 though which might be annoying.

No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

forgrin get online bro
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

when I FI as france, I train 10 goons in transition and still get mercantilism
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Zhanson10 wrote:when I FI as france, I train 10 goons in transition and still get mercantilism

Because France OP lol.

United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Fast imperial is better because goons have better stats and you can make your eco much better.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

ports more op than france. Cmon, best skirms and goons in game? tc with ageup? Best mortars in game? cmonnnnn
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Zhanson10 wrote:ports more op than france. Cmon, best skirms and goons in game? tc with ageup? Best mortars in game? cmonnnnn

Don't forget about their bullshit water game..... it's like a free win with that damn OP civ
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

HeatitUP_ wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:ports more op than france. Cmon, best skirms and goons in game? tc with ageup? Best mortars in game? cmonnnnn

Don't forget about their bullshit water game..... it's like a free win with that damn OP civ

yep
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Schooners needs nerf and ports goons can hit and run everything in age 3 lol
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

No.
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:No.

Yes bro look it up
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

yeah ports goons are strong. Instead of nerfing all goons, they should have only done a jinete nerf
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Cass are shit skirms 2 organs sucks and they go through natural resources so fast, on water theyre good not op
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Funny how even in 2016 people come up with crazy new strategies. The meta is ever expanding! Maybe in 2017 everybody will invest in livestock on RE maps.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

_venox_ wrote:Funny how even in 2016 people come up with crazy new strategies. The meta is ever expanding! Maybe in 2017 everybody will invest in livestock on RE maps.

I'm thinking about trying out some older meta. Could catch people off-guard.
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:Cass are shit skirms 2 organs sucks and they go through natural resources so fast, on water theyre good not op

They have the best water though. I think on most semi water maps ports are not op but on some maps like hispaniola or indochina they definitely are
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Cass are shit skirms 2 organs sucks and they go through natural resources so fast, on water theyre good not op

They have the best water though. I think on most semi water maps ports are not op but on some maps like hispaniola or indochina they definitely are

Ports don't have offshore support so they aren't the best water. Brits take that title followed by Japan I think. People just pick shit water civs like France against them on water maps then wonder why they lose.

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ports have the best water boom and they have free tcs to defend the shore. Don't think they need offshore support. Also no one picks France vs port on a water map. And japan isn't a very good water civ
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

forgrin wrote:Ports don't have offshore support so they aren't the best water. Brits take that title followed by Japan I think. People just pick shit water civs like France against them on water maps then wonder why they lose.

In late game, when the upgrades do matter, Brits are obviously better because of that particular card, though Portugese have an early edge in the form of free TCs, which are basically impossible to be taken down and make for a good defence from the shore.
Other than that, as Kaiserklein already said, people very rarely pick i.e. French on water maps, it's usually a coincidence as people choose Fre or Ger and pick Standard or ESOC Maps, which both consist of likes of Borneo, Indonesia etc.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

France beats port on maps like sag on the RE patch.
On the EP though, port just wins because of the 80f vills. It's annoying because port has a viable water play and it's better than the land play so you can't really balance the civ.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

Can this be thrown on the strategy wall?
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push