Brits 200g + tower vs 500f age up ppolitician

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Some players like GS prefer the 500f politician but I actually prefer tower 200g.
You'll use your gold to do steel traps and you can hold a rush or a raid with your tower. Even if your opponent doesn't press you, you can put it in the middle.
Also, If you choose 500f, you'll have to gather 200g for the market while aging=> 1 less manor, while, if you choose the tower you'll have to put 4vills on food when you reach age2.
But it doesn't make a big difference, 500f is prob better but tower is safer.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I think both are equivalent, maybe 500f is the tempo play (not the cost-efficient play).
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

500f allows you to manor boom harder (can keep every vill on wood for longer) whereas the tower gives map control. Depends on map, 500f usually better, I wouldn't play Brit on a map where I need the tower to hunt cause that means it's probably a bad map for Brit.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

calmyourtits wrote:500f allows you to manor boom harder (can keep every vill on wood for longer) whereas the tower gives map control. Depends on map, 500f usually better.
Later you''ll have to build a tower, why not early?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

diarouga wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:500f allows you to manor boom harder (can keep every vill on wood for longer) whereas the tower gives map control. Depends on map, 500f usually better.
Later youll have to build a tower,
Nah

And even if you do, by the time you need to build it your 1 extra vill that you got from 500f already netted you 250w.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I seldom go 500 f. I usually prefer to go 200g because i start musk. 1 outpost is nice to defend my barrack or just to defend myself by raids and pressures. Especially when you are against german, send it, to defend yourself by uhlans.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I want add 500 f is very good, probably the best bet when you want go lbows pikes, so you want send 700 wood and then 600 wood. Go 500 food for a good first batch of units.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

500f is better for boom, tower is better for defense. You have to decide which based on the MU i think.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The tower and 200 gold has felt like the agra for india. It has a lot of intangibles because people would never choose to build a tower for the most part. 250 wood + 200 gold + vil seconds to build a tower is almost double the value of 500 food when you have steel traps and only the first wood upgrade.

1.1 food per second => 454 villager seconds
.6 gold per second => 333 villager seconds

So long as you use the 200 gold for steel traps and are not going full house boom with zero risk of being pressured you are losing 120 villager seconds. So that means if you face 120 vil seconds worth of moving vils or idling them due to not having the tower you are already behind. Not to mention it does damage to stuff and gives map control. Oh and you can ship stuff to it.

I think the answer is probably to always do the tower and gold, but I also would not recommend doing the full in base manor boom.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

1.1 is a little optimistic since you have to start gathering food before you even hit colonial. A bonus of 500f is that you don't have to gather any food until your steel traps is actually finished. So you're more than 120 VS behind, in fact you're almost a manor behind. The tower just doesn't do enough to make this worth it unless you're playing on maps with low resources or want to fight for map control immediately (mirrors).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dunno, i think a defensive brits on a high res map is good vs alot of civs. For example wall + lb does good vs germans imo. Defensive brits i think can do good vs india (pretty sure that h2o had game 1 won and game2 wouldve won easy if he had just walled). I like brits vs russia defensive, but unless im going aklak rush vs them, i need a tower.

In fact, even vs soft contain or semi ff the tower + some strategic walls will allow brits to play 1 rax until 600w which will net you more than a manor adv over 500f.

And if you forward tower for map control in mu like vs china or ports you can ship 5 vils to tower near hunt and save some walking time. Pretty sure that if its far enough, you will easily save 100+ secs
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

its one of those things where when you play with the tower it feels better for sure.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

_H2O vs GoodSpeed with a BO7

GoodSpeed ages with 500F each game

_H2O ages with Tower + 200 gold each game.

Play on maps you guys agree on so it's all legit. It would be great to see an answer to this question to see what is actually more viable generally. My opinion is that vs hard rushes though the tower would be better but that's just my opinion.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Skill difference means such experiment will have a biased result. I think a mathematical approach is best here, so we need aizamk. My prediction is that he will say 4 cow age is best :p
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Wouldn't answer anything since in the mirror you won't win with manor boom
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye it's one of those situations where immaterial aspects such as map control are more important.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aoefan4life wrote:_H2O vs GoodSpeed with a BO7

GoodSpeed ages with 500F each game

_H2O ages with Tower + 200 gold each game.

Play on maps you guys agree on so it''s all legit. It would be great to see an answer to this question to see what is actually more viable generally. My opinion is that vs hard rushes though the tower would be better but that''s just my opinion.
The tower just doesn''t do enough to make this worth it unless you''re playing on maps with low resources or want to fight for map control immediately (mirrors).
I wouldn''t 500f in mirrors.
And yes tower is better against rushes. The thing is on a high level people don''t really rush Brit any more because they know it''s not viable. 500f still holds and wins in most cases, tower is only better if their rush could potentially kill you otherwise.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Tower + 200c better because of LOS, garrison, fire &' ez steel traps. Listen to H2O, he knows what he is talking about unlike GS :popcorn:
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

shaolinstar wrote:Tower + 200c better because of LOS, garrison, fire &' ez steel traps. Listen to H2O, he knows what he is talking about unlike GS :popcorn:
Tower better for lb and 500 food better for muskets I think.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aoefan4life wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Tower + 200c better because of LOS, garrison, fire &' ez steel traps. Listen to H2O, he knows what he is talking about unlike GS :popcorn:
Tower better for lb and 500 food better for muskets I think.
Id say the contrary^^
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Trust me, I'm 1st lieutnant

[img]https://ohsknows.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/conair_wink.gif?w=687" alt="[/img]
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

shaolinstar wrote:Trust me, I''m 1st lieutnant

[img]https://ohsknows.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/conair_wink.gif?w=687[/img]
+1
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

Nicholas Cage was hypnotizing me for a bit...

Seems like both are comparably viable but tower+200g is better for eco boom.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

tower vs cav starts and secure hunts and 500f for boom and lb/pike imo
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.