How to FI as Aztec

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: How to FI as Aztec

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:I'm actually mostly sure that even a player my level can beat it knowing it's coming and assuming you don't adapt and stop doing it

But I will adapt xD.
If I see you build a fb, I can turn my bo into a colonial timing with 10 WP and rape you, that's why it's good. I would only FI if you go macro (and you should because in colonial you lose).
And what I said is that if you know it's coming with 100% certainty, it's bad. So how does that contradict what you're saying?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I mean even if I don't fb like with German I could just do a normal semi ff kill your Explorer with uhlan and agro art foundry for petards go in with 6 petards and gg
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

No you can't because my warrior priests would kill your petards xD.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nah they wont kill them in time, if you have no other army or if they are busy fighting off uhlans. there are many things this strat can't deal with, most of them are variations of fast colo or fortress pressure such as russia, iro, otto or spain can do. it does good vs the slower types of play, such as india, china and most euro semis. but I doubt it can hold its own vs a brit paradepush.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:No you can't because my warrior priests would kill your petards xD.
they wouldn't. Firepit is gonna be behind tc so there's no way they have time to even if you react instantly. Also there's gonna be a few uhlans blocking and maybe an extra petards or two.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The beauty about strategy games is adaptation. The China FF in the mirror is what works, but I can claim I know how to beat it. Rushing like boneng does beats it after all, if it is blindly done.

Would you claim then that FF in mirror is a bad strat? Because that is what you are doing here. You need to prove that the strategies you propose also work in the sense that they work if it turns out to be normal play or if they can deal with a transition out of this strat. This is something none of you have been able to provide.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Also petards have 40% melee resist :!:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jerom wrote:The beauty about strategy games is adaptation. The China FF in the mirror is what works, but I can claim I know how to beat it. Rushing like boneng does beats it after all, if it is blindly done.

Would you claim then that FF in mirror is a bad strat? Because that is what you are doing here. You need to prove that the strategies you propose also work in the sense that they work if it turns out to be normal play or if they can deal with a transition out of this strat. This is something none of you have been able to provide.

Terrible example since blind china ff > china rush lol.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Then Garja must be really bad. But yeah, the suggestion to FF with porcelain tower against an 8/10 china rush is solid. Regardless there is a great variety of all ins that can beat standard play. For example, holding a doppel rush as China doing a tower FF is pretty hard lol @eaglemut so you have to adapt.
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Revive! how would this work if you simply stayed Age 3??
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

better
Image Image Image
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Lol when did jokerrouga edit the OP ?
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Thats sad.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

9 people like that Garja sucks, apparently. :hmm:
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

diarouga's joke is not very original but I still like the attachments
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

It wasn't a joke it was a personal attack, something that u wouldn't expect of a smart man..I was extremely disappointed
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Why is the write up gone MODS!!! @noel bae
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Because diarouga deleted it.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Is there an actual write up somewhere? All I can see are the recordings.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

@_diarouga_
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

The goal of the strategy is to reach the industrial age with 10 WP. Then you have a lot of abusable mechanics which will most likely lead you to the win.
It's safe to assume that if you reach the industrial age unhurt, you've won the game.
You can do that vs India, EP Iroquois, Dutch, France, Germany, Brit and Port. Vs azzy, RE iro, russia and otto it's just not possible.

The 4 things that make this strat viable are:

1) The Warchief. In age 4, with the chief politician and smoking mirror, this guy has more than 2000 HP, 55% range resistance (with the cover mode glitch), and 30 hand damage with 2 splash, it's a 2 Mameluke unit and revives in 5 seconds with the War-Chief dance (and in less than that with the healing dance!)
On top of that you have the special attack, which is also an area attack. It can kill 2 falcs so don't waste it.

2) The "Garland War" dance. Most civilizations run out of food after about 10 minutes, and that's one of the reasons why most of the FI strategies are not viable. With 10 WP and 15V dancing at the Firepit you can spawn 1 Skull Knight (SK) in below 10 seconds. Assuming an SK cost of 250c (the unit's nominal value; equal to almost 417VS) and a Firepit with the maximum 35 dancer-population (spawns an SK in 9.8 seconds; equal to 343VS), doing the "Garland War Dance of Death" is – unlike what some might believe – actually more than cost-efficient. In fact, if you further take into account that gathering resources and hypothetically training the unit also costs VS spent walking between mines and building Huts while losing (on average) far more Villagers to raids, and that Skull Knights auto-upgrade, and that they don't need time to train and that the Firepit (unlike coin mines) is an infinite resource, things start to look a lot better still!

3) The infinite 20 mace shipment. With all the exp you'll get as Aztec, you will have a lot of shipments, and while most civ have 4-5 age 4 shipments and then have to send fortress shipments, you have an infinite shipment, and it's not a bad one. Indeed, 20 maces are worth 1600 resources, and a lot of wood.

4) The defensive capabilities. You have the warriors, who spawn in 2.6 sec from theFirepit and have some very good stats (except their shit range and their animation). And the warrior priests. These guys are monster, 360 HP, 15 attack in colonial and 30 attack in fortress, they're almost like hussars, so if your opponent comes close to your Firepit use them to attack, even if you lose 5 of them just retrain them.

The BO:

Age 1: Just like in every azzy build, you build the Firepit asap, wp on exp dance, a house,, and a market if you start with 300w or 200w/100g with some gold treasures. Send 3 vills and age with 16vills.

While aging: Let 4 vills on food in order to be able to train villagers, put all the other vills on wood. You want to build a house, and then put all your vills but 5 on the exp dance.

Age 2: Send either 3 warrior priests (wp) or fencing school (then you're 15 to 20sec slower, but if you want to play it in colonial it's totally worth). When you just have enough experience for the 700w shipment, switch the dance to wp dance untill you have 10, then pull the vills off the firepit.
From the 700w, build a war hut (you'll need to put at least 3vills on it, otherwise you might have issues dealing with cav raids), a TP, and houses.
Then depending on what you want to do, train 5pikes or 5 coyotes. Send 5vills.

This build is extremly versatile, you don't have to FI every game, I'll first detail how to turn it into a colonial build, or a semi ff.

I/ The colonial play:

Follow with 10/9maces and train coyotes/pikes and push when the 9maces come, you have the attack dance so you will stop most semi ff strats, and any age 2 timing.

II/ The semi ff:

Send 600g, and age as soon as possible with the chief politician. While aging, you should be able to send both 600w and 10maces (because they're just good shipments, and you don't want to have 4 unspent shipments when you reach fortress).
In age 3, send smoking mirror, and go mace and eagle warriors.

Now you have a strong eco, a good skirm/goon composition, but the difference is the warchief. Why? Because he will be able to snare your opponent's skirms who can't hit and run anymore.
On top of that, it ensures that you will take great fights, because the chief is just too strong to be ignored, and while your opponent attacks him, your maces can kill his skirmishers/goons.
Then, when he dies, use the healing dance, and kill some more units :P.

III/ The FI:

But we all know that real men go for the FI, and here it is!

Send 600g, and age as soon as possible with the chief politician.

While aging: Send 600g again, you want to age asap. If you wait the 800g, it will delay your age up by a shipment, and with 10 wp on exp dance you'll have enough shipments.

Age 3: Age with the 5 skulls politician. You should have 2 shipments, send smoking mirror and 1000w.

Then just put 15v on the Firepit, train skulls, make Macehualtins, send the 20 mace shipment and just win (the maces counter the musk/goon, the skulls counter the cav and the warchief counters skirms and cannons.
Don't forget to upgrade your maces ;) , it's rather cheap (200w/100g and 400w/200g).

Card order:
-3vills
-3wp or fencing school.
-700w
-5v
-600g
-600g
-Smoking mirror
-1000w

A big thank to @zoom who helped me writing this and testing the strat, hope you guys enjoyed.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Nice write up, I think you should have created a seperate thread for this so that it could have been on the strategy wall.
oranges.
United States of America IntrepidExplorer
Musketeer
ESO: DownToBuck

Post by IntrepidExplorer »

I can't seem to view the replays, keeps saying out of sync. What do I do?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

use ESOC Patch Launcher's Rec Tool