Ninja

Re: How to FI as Aztec

Post by iNcog »

vary interstng stretegy!

vry OP
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Wrong
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
pecelot wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:You gotta hit and run a 2500 HP unit with 55% RR, not easy while SK kill your city.

[Armag] diarouga wrote:And it does get 4000 hp (4200 iirc).

:hmm:

With the chief dance lol, you dumb.
If your opponent has 50 units and you want to kill his canons you do this dance.

The strategy nagayumi did is 50sec slower than mine, and you have 2 less shipments when you reach the 4th age.
Bsop lost because he did a semi ff while russia can kill it in colonial. It proves my point that playing a macro game vs this is just not possible.

You are wrong though, it really doesnt prove that, at most it proves russia cant. Nothing more. Also otto aztec iro are not the only civs that can do a timing vs this, there are alot more, including spain in pretty sure

The way i see it, this strat is easy to punish if you know 100% its gonna come, but you cant really scout it untill its too late. The start is like a normal start and you have to wait to scout the first shipment to know what he will do and even then he can adapt, making aztec hard to beat now, perhaps impossible cuz all they have to do is get wp while defending, so just do a solid semi ff and then just go iv, cuz when u reach iv cant really loose and you dont have to go iv at 12, you can also go at 15 with a much bigger army
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If you know the fi is coming you can beat it with any civ pretty easily....... All you need to do is a timing push at like 8-9 minutes just circle seige the firepit and than the tc with musks/pike and it doesn't matter how inefficient the trade is bc you're making units and he's not.....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

except that this strat can pull units out of nowhere, he will have 2 shipments or so to send units to delay, as well as the native MM. And as diarouga already pointed out, he has 10 quite beefy melee units + an explorer and tc fire and probably also warhut fire.

if the base is well built, this is extremely hard to break, specially with good vil defense. sieging the warhut i think is a mistake, imo this strat has a big weakness in early low pop cap, so if you kill 2 houses hes housed and will have to rebuild but he cant rebuild + make army at the same rate you are sending in more units.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea but he has to dance to get native minutemen and they only come out like 1 per few seconds so you can just one shot them without taking damage bc they'll be dead before their animation has finished if you're paying attention and if he pulls them off the firepit he's losing making more or reviving the war chief. Ofc you don't seige down the warhut cause that would be useless. Also relying on a shipment to bale you out without making units loses hard to any two unit comp. I think you'll find that even 10 wp + war chief plus any age three shipment loses to just about any late colonial mid fortress timing from just about any civ. The strat relies primarily on surprise, as it's not realistic to assume that you can sink 5k resources into no immediate return and still win.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Gibson vs diarouga BO5?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea captain/major level player vs diarouga pretty fair. A colonel level player who played him only Aztec fi would win 90% of the time at least though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:Yea captain/major level player vs diarouga pretty fair. A colonel level player who played him only Aztec fi would win 90% of the time at least though.

gibson wrote:If you know the fi is coming you can beat it with any civ pretty easily.......
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
pecelot wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:You gotta hit and run a 2500 HP unit with 55% RR, not easy while SK kill your city.

[Armag] diarouga wrote:And it does get 4000 hp (4200 iirc).

:hmm:

If your opponent has 50 units and you want to kill his canons you do this dance.

k, man, I got confused, thanks for clarifying, no need to insult :(
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Yea captain/major level player vs diarouga pretty fair. A colonel level player who played him only Aztec fi would win 90% of the time at least though.

gibson wrote:If you know the fi is coming you can beat it with any civ pretty easily.......
i think it's pretty obvious when you're talking about strats and counter strats that both players are of comparable level which I am not with diarouga lol.....I mean I'd do it but me losing wouldn't prove anything.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

How dare you not thank him for insulting you!
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

zoom wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

How dare you not thank him for insulting you!

It's a privilege to get insulted by diarouga. I wish he would insult me :sad:
r]
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Btw I just watched the rec games and noticed that Zoi has this habit of wasting units in small batches at your TC. In the China game he could have won (or atleast forced Aztecs in age3) by just doing things more methodically and actually spending the resources.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

then I'm proud to be offended
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Btw I just watched the rec games and noticed that Zoi has this habit of wasting units in small batches at your TC. In the China game he could have won (or atleast forced Aztecs in age3) by just doing things more methodically and actually spending the resources.
Yes, I suck. As much is understood.
:chinese:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

aw
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

That's why I beat almost every colonels doing this even when they try to counter build me :).
Like Umeu knew 2 times it was coming and didn't win still (he didn't play at his max ofc but even Umeu playing bad is better than a colo).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:Btw I just watched the rec games and noticed that Zoi has this habit of wasting units in small batches at your TC. In the China game he could have won (or atleast forced Aztecs in age3) by just doing things more methodically and actually spending the resources.

Anyway, you're never ever going to bow rush Aztec as China unless you're 100% sure that the guy is going to FI.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I guess umeu is just bad or you're just good because with 2 players of the same tier knowing an fi is coming it can't work.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gibson wrote:I guess umeu is just bad or you're just good because with 2 players of the same tier knowing an fi is coming it can't work.

How can you be so sure?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm actually mostly sure that even a player my level can beat it knowing it's coming and assuming you don't adapt and stop doing it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:I guess umeu is just bad or you're just good because with 2 players of the same tier knowing an fi is coming it can't work.

How can you be so sure?
because it can't work of you know it's coming and the fi player doesn't adapt
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gibson wrote:I'm actually mostly sure that even a player my level can beat it knowing it's coming and assuming you don't adapt and stop doing it

But I will adapt xD.
If I see you build a fb, I can turn my bo into a colonial timing with 10 WP and rape you, that's why it's good. I would only FI if you go macro (and you should because in colonial you lose).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Anyway, you're never ever going to bow rush Aztec as China unless you're 100% sure that the guy is going to FI.

Ye you don't really wanna do that.
Probably the standard FF works tho. Making more inf instead of cav (that is going to be useless vs skulls and sin city).
Also I think Old Han is superior still, but probably close now.
Image Image Image