India Strategies

Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

India Strategies

Post by arcangelusregis »

Imo India is the civ with more viable strategies than all the others, only comparable to aztecs. In the strategy section there is only one BO, so i'd like u to write down all the strategies u've found effective or at least the most efficient to counter a strategy made by an other civ, like otto rush or dutch boom etc.
One day i'll be Colonel, you will play with me, and you'll lose
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: India Strategies

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The only viable strats atm are the sepoy rush and the urumi fi tbh
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The only viable strats atm are the sepoy rush and the urumi fi tbh

on RE and leutenant /captain level , not top level :)
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The only viable strats atm are the sepoy rush and the urumi fi tbh

since u have quoted those two strats please explain them :)
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I do a fast fortress against players looking to boom another FF or FI. can lose out to someone going all in age 2. This is one of my favorite ffa builds.

there are some finer things in the details left out that come from practice with this civ since vils cost wood.

card order:
age 1. small trickle. vils. all on wood til market upgrades and maybe get a TP. then 4 on wood and rest on food to age up.
age 2. build barracks start training sepoy once have enough food to age vil distribution 7 on food 4-7 on wood, all to coin.
600coin, 700 food. build consulate send otto 4 vills.
age 3. build second rax in transition vill distribution about 10 on wood, 10 on coin, rest 20ish on food.
cards: 3mahout- 2 mahout. 2 seige ele. sepoy upgrade.
by that time you will have about 30 sepoy 5 mahouts. arouns 11-12 mins dont have to wait for the 2 seige ele, but if u do will have more sepoy and be VERY strong..... then begin to save or age 4. build stable and castle to get upgrades once age 4.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Urumi FI viable ? Not entirely convinced, well not a straight FI at least.

I think there are some semi FFs that can work as india in certain MU's, like against German. Just that they're pretty technical and you need to be very precise to make them work.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

one word: Trickle.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

WickedCossack wrote:Urumi FI viable ? Not entirely convinced, well not a straight FI at least.

I think there are some semi FFs that can work as india in certain MU's, like against German. Just that they're pretty technical and you need to be very precise to make them work.

Urumi fi is not really viable but india isn't viable lol, so you gotta try crazy things, and the fi is actually rather good.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

what time is considered FI>? whats the BO?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

howlingwolfpaw wrote:what time is considered FI>? whats the BO?

Take a tp age 1, age with agra and 4v on it.
While aging, build a market, upgrade it. Send the 2 trickle in age 2, train some sepoys if needed (like vs cav), then 600g, and age with the taj mahal.
When you reach the 3rd age, you should have the ressources to age 4. Send 1000w if you have time, otherwise 9sepoys/9zams
Age to 4 with the charminar, you should have like 2-3 shipments when you reach the industrial age, send urumis, and train sepoys.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Urumi FI build is good with seaboom.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

India can do a boom or a rush or a turtle strat imo, civ's wonders and units are strong enough to counter even an age 3 civ while staying colonial ..i 'd like to know what's yours bo for a full boom , all in and turtle .. all these strats are viable for sure since i ve seen winning matches at top levels with all 3 approaches
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah India is awesome.... I've been a hundred points behind people in age 4 FFA but still win because the units are so much better. If you can get like 2:1 kills (sometimes my ratios are way extreme if I am the one ahead) its like your eco is twice as good as it seems. I learned a lot from a youtube video by thecometk (blackthough) on an india boom. From there you can tweak it. I think once you learn how to full boom for a TR then you can apply that to sup games and make compromises for early defense.

I am not a fan of agra age 2 though.... I typically go karni, tower, taj, manasabar.
Also note i play FFA so in 1v1 agra might be more worth while, but I prefer the resource boost to get upgrades etc...
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

If you really want to boom, forget everything. Take 3 or more TPs, stagecoach them, put them on wood. Pull of everyone from wood and concentrate on food/coin. Your eco would be better than all civs and mass will be great after a time. Your eco will be be very good despite the wonder you use. Agra is just better because you will need map control to gather resources, as you will have a larger amount of vils to concentrate on food and coin.
For more info, refer to @Jerom
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:yeah India is awesome.... I've been a hundred points behind people in age 4 FFA but still win because the units are so much better. If you can get like 2:1 kills (sometimes my ratios are way extreme if I am the one ahead) its like your eco is twice as good as it seems. I learned a lot from a youtube video by thecometk (blackthough) on an india boom. From there you can tweak it. I think once you learn how to full boom for a TR then you can apply that to sup games and make compromises for early defense.

I am not a fan of agra age 2 though.... I typically go karni, tower, taj, manasabar.
Also note i play FFA so in 1v1 agra might be more worth while, but I prefer the resource boost to get upgrades etc...

But India doesnt have good cav/anti-cav for fortress or indus play
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Octanium wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:yeah India is awesome.... I've been a hundred points behind people in age 4 FFA but still win because the units are so much better. If you can get like 2:1 kills (sometimes my ratios are way extreme if I am the one ahead) its like your eco is twice as good as it seems. I learned a lot from a youtube video by thecometk (blackthough) on an india boom. From there you can tweak it. I think once you learn how to full boom for a TR then you can apply that to sup games and make compromises for early defense.

But India doesnt have good cav/anti-cav for fortress or indus play

zamburak are insane imo, and sowars are fragile but really effective with zambs and a good army composition .. if u can mix properly i think u can compare the Indian army to Chinese age 3 one
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

they don't stand a chance against Jinetes and Howdas are poor to micro.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ahh jinetes! thats where the urumi come in! they will try to kite while u push their whole army back.... the jinete cass can easily be broken with sepoy, mahout urumi, its when port mix in their deadly muskets.... but ports are top tier anyway and thats why people play them. And Possibly iindias hardest civ to play against next to france. (instant gends OP) I have howdas in army that just seem to last forever! ( but i rarely use them anymore i just have a strong back bone of sepoy) and they are easy to micro because they have more range, and only need to click on 1 howda to target cav, where as a group of goons you need to single out a bunch of goons to hit cav, selecting all does massive overkill.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

We are talking about SUP games not about FFA though.
Really, the only way to deal with urumi are dragoons, as they can/could kite all day. Jinetes are even better in that sense but Port vs India is port-favored anyway.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

just because I play FFA means nothing.... I am providing a pretty good build order for a FF india. It would be particularly good in team games where a team mate can provide a little more age 2 support vs cav raids. in a 1v1 I would try to make at least 10 sepoy age 2. I keep getting amazed at how good this can be when executed right. For the longest time I would do a typical turtle boom for ffa, and then attack as late as possible, ( it was doing good for me but struggled more with wall spam and trying to efficiently kill late game civs) Recently though I have changed to a more aggressive FF like this and it has brought me great success. The best way to kill urumi is with heavy cav. If you are depending on kiting with dragoons then I will keep my army together and just push with it, my mahouts will catch up to your skirms and my sepoy/ gurka will pick off your goons until you are pushed too far back to your base. urumi are the best counter to goons in the game should they get in range. now with jinetes yeah ports are indias biggest weakness ( maybe tied with france, and close behind is china) but ports major strengths vs india are the mortar range (india cant reach them ports just push forward killing FB), with jinetes and muskets (some cass are fine but don't want too many). going cass jinete can be more easily broken because of mahout/urumi combo. The later india lets port boom the worse it is.
Colombia Arcuskike
Crossbow

Post by Arcuskike »

I can make a water strat. Do you want to know it?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

ive lost numerous times versus bad players that do the india FI. Tbh im still not convinced its viable but my guess is it might work if your opponent doesnt react just the way he needs to do.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

few push to the base may fail Urumi FI
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »