Thoroughbreds in 1v1?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Thoroughbreds in 1v1?

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:Ashi way better vs france because otherwise gend can rape u.
Full upgraded IV ashis do like 1:1 vs skirms aswell

No need, yumi rek cuirs, as Erik found out the hard way
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

benj89 wrote:I'd actually have it vs japan since games tend to go industrial. To be more precise I'd say it's needed on water maps + team games, but not really in your typical 1v1 gp deck, unless you got a spot for it (i.e you have to choose between this and land grab) which I forgot. I'd prioritize both vill hp cards to that card also.
Imo the real issue about decks is that most people still don't get that you need a water deck on water maps and land deck on land maps, that's weird

Why would you ever put in land grab? It's just a glorified woodcrate.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

It's defenitely better than age 1 mill/plantation upgrade.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lol it's not, it's worth 2400w, assuming u won't lose any. At that point in the game ur likely in a stalemate and a bit of extra wood won't compare to a percentage for the rest of the game.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

umeu wrote:
benj89 wrote:I'd actually have it vs japan since games tend to go industrial. To be more precise I'd say it's needed on water maps + team games, but not really in your typical 1v1 gp deck, unless you got a spot for it (i.e you have to choose between this and land grab) which I forgot. I'd prioritize both vill hp cards to that card also.
Imo the real issue about decks is that most people still don't get that you need a water deck on water maps and land deck on land maps, that's weird

Why would you ever put in land grab? It's just a glorified woodcrate.

I would potentially use landgrab card on Texas as French although I'm not sure it's on my Texas deck because few other cards matter more. But that's my point, I don't think there is a spot for land grab and I don't think there is one for thoroughbred either although I can't check since no aoe installed. However thoroughbred > land grab indeed.

It might be different for ESOC maps, but try to recall the last time you sent thoroughbred playing QS/RE land maps. I can't
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I don't usually send it cause its not in my style to gun for the lategame. And i already Saïd you Wouldn't likely put it in the standard deck, but if you make a deck where you expect the game to late, I see no reason not to include it
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

umeu wrote:Lol it's not, it's worth 2400w, assuming u won't lose any. At that point in the game ur likely in a stalemate and a bit of extra wood won't compare to a percentage for the rest of the game.
Landgrab might be a good card on shitty maps like RE California, where you run out of hunts after 5 minutes and have more berry bushes on the map than hunts.
umeu wrote:I don't usually send it cause its not in my style to gun for the lategame. And i already Saïd you Wouldn't likely put it in the standard deck, but if you make a deck where you expect the game to late, I see no reason not to include it
Some cards get put into any deck by us automatically since they "seem" standard. It is a reflex to include the thoroughbreds card in any deck, even for 1vs1 where we know we most likely won't need it.
Just a bad habit :chinese:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I'm all for multiple and various decks. I have land grab in some, though to be fair I've never actually used it, if I recall correctly. Actually Thoroughbreds seems like a really good card in 1v1s still, though I find it rather inferior to Pioneers, which I use way more often, and other eco upgrades, like 20% to plantations. :hmm:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Is it useful or useless?
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Not quite useless but incredibly niche for 1v1. Most of the time you're better off using cards for shipments in 3rd age, and reserving 4th age shipments for heavy cannons/factories.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Useless in 1v1, especially after EP nerf.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

And what about Gribeauval system? is it useful or useless for supremacy? I haven't seen any thead about that card. It seems to me that it would be better just to ship more cannons or factories.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Also useless
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Also useless
Extra damage for artillery is not completely useless, But for the card to be relevant it should add more damage than it currently does. It's much better and practical just to send more cannons for 1v1 :? .
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I like the artillery damage card. It is one of the few cards that significantly boost heavy cannons. In 1v1 supremacy you would send it in only a few cases, unfortunately.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

duckzilla wrote:I like the artillery damage card. It is one of the few cards that significantly boost heavy cannons. In 1v1 supremacy you would send it in only a few cases, unfortunately.
When would those cases be? You need 5 heavy cannons for the card to add 1 extra in damage only. You would be better off sending 2 heavy cannons or 3 falconets (If you are feeling crazy rich you could also send 3 lil bombards for 2000 :coin: ).
@Mr_Bramboy I agree with you.
It is not a really bad card, but it's underperforming for an age 4 shipment. It gives the same as half a normal upgrade...
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jotunir wrote:
duckzilla wrote:I like the artillery damage card. It is one of the few cards that significantly boost heavy cannons. In 1v1 supremacy you would send it in only a few cases, unfortunately.
When would those cases be? You need 5 heavy cannons for the card to add 1 extra in damage only. You would be better off sending 2 heavy cannons or 3 falconets (If you are feeling crazy rich you could also send 3 lil bombards for 2000 :coin: ).
Sure, obvious things are obvious. I don't play the game competitively anyway, so there are more opportunities for me to send it, e.g. when I want to play a longer game or just for some kind of role play. These are the few cases I mean.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

duckzilla wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Sure, obvious things are obvious. I don't play the game competitively anyway, so there are more opportunities for me to send it, e.g. when I want to play a longer game or just for some kind of role play. These are the few cases I mean.
It would have to be a really long game.