sioux vs xbow/pike rush

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by fei123456 »

what is the better way to defend this?
usually i train bow riders and send military shipments (6 cetan 4 axe) and try to surround and kill the enemy army when they attack my base.
but this doesn't always work, since sometimes he has more army than usual(treasure or herbs),or he doesn't drive his army too deep into my base.
sometimes he has front rax (and even front tower),but send vill cards instead. if i send army shipments but can't kill his army under his rax and tower, soon he will have better eco than me. but i can't know what he's sent! i'm not farseer :(
May sending 700w for war hut and some cetan be a better choice?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Spam bow riders, don't ship/make cetan and ship 4 axe/2 dogs for xbow. If those are dead and you have a steady br mass you can also train some axe.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by fei123456 »

bramboy wrote:Spam bow riders, don''t ship/make cetan and ship 4 axe/2 dogs for xbow. If those are dead and you have a steady br mass you can also train some axe.

but xbow and pike are much cheaper than cavs. if he raids my base i may have chance to attack from the back, but if he just defend there, it will be difficult to kill them.
also, if i age up with 400w i can have 9-10 bow riders in early age 2, but sometimes i have to age up fast, and only have 5-6 bow riders then. then it''s hard to defend with so few bow riders and 4 axe/2 dog without 6 cetans.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by Garja »

dont make bow riders
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:dont make bow riders
huh? cetan axe then or what?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France iNcog
Ninja

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by iNcog »

cetan & axe is the logical counter to bow/pike
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by _H2O »

I would still make some bow rider. The power of BR is that if you win a fight they can't leave they have to just delete everything they have. Cetan are okay to make to survive. The goal is to get fort since wakina with shipments is good.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:I would still make some bow rider. The power of BR is that if you win a fight they can''t leave they have to just delete everything they have. Cetan are okay to make to survive. The goal is to get fort since wakina with shipments is good.
Yeah I think I heard cetans are really good and have high damage, but they have a long setup animation which makes them bad right? If that''s true then for defense they should be good.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by Garja »

Cetans sux but atleast they don't get countered by xbows. Br are op but give chances to the rusher to outplay you.
Image Image Image
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

sioux vs xbow/pike rush

Post by cowhax »

that's the reason why I like firepit so I can at least do alarm dance with all of my villagers in a crisis. If you have just a stable up you should make axe rider and either micro down the xbow, or send them to the other player's base to do a harass. Send an age 2 infantry card while focusing down the pikemen with your TC fire.