French vs british

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

French vs british

Post by Marco1698 »

Hey guys any opinions about this Match up? If you are playing as fre. Better Semi-ff either bow pikes or full musk rush? I pretty think that playing aggressive helps a lot in this case. Anyway brit has got the best musk in the game so a musk war won't help vs them but brit can start spam musk later than French. So it's an advantage for French. Semi-ff only on maps like siberia? Bow pikes on other maps? What do you think about this match up? How can French easily wins this?
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

French vs british

Post by purplesquid »

I'm a noob but I personally prefer to play a contain game as frence. Mass musk/huss and raid until the hunts run out and then win because the brit player has no food.
India _DB_
Howdah

French vs british

Post by _DB_ »

Here, you've two options.
1)Hussar semi FF: It's the best option in my opinion, to defeat Brits, you must harm their eco, keep raiding, constantly, and reach age 3. In age 3, you can control the map by having an extra TC or two. Starve your opponent in his base because he'll run out of his hunts at almost 10-11th minute and will try to take other hunts. This is a good time to push in or raid heavy.

2)Hussar-Musketeer. It really works as an age 2 strategy. Your early mass is always better than Brits, you must attack them before they take map control. At the earliest, the will make only longbow or musketeer, which is viable for you to counter early. Don't let their mass grow. Raiding is always important against Brits to keep vil count low and even.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

French vs british

Post by Jaeger »

Huss semi ff is the best, if the brit rushes you just raid hard and ship 8 bows, when the bows come come back with hussars and use minutemen and crush him.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

French vs british

Post by bugattivitesse »

ovi12 wrote:Huss semi ff is the best, if the brit rushes you just raid hard and ship 8 bows, when the bows come come back with hussars and use minutemen and crush him.
What is the Build Order for french 5 hussar semi? I have never done it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

French vs british

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

bugattivitesse wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Huss semi ff is the best, if the brit rushes you just raid hard and ship 8 bows, when the bows come come back with hussars and use minutemen and crush him.
What is the Build Order for french 5 hussar semi? I have never done it.
4vills/700g, age fast. While aging up the gold and keep 125w for steel traps. Build stable+2 houses from the 400w.

On low hunt maps, bow rush is better.
France benj89
Howdah

French vs british

Post by benj89 »

2 rax musk into skirm works well to
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham

French vs british

Post by Marco1698 »

I think semi ff is viable but if opponent makes many musk and add hussars for French is very hard to win. From stable you can spam goons ye and send until 15 schirmishers but then? Brit has a very nice eco and can let itself to make so many hussars and musk. French wouldn't win this. I finally thought the most viable strategy is bow pikes
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

French vs british

Post by bugattivitesse »

marco1698 wrote:I think semi ff is viable but if opponent makes many musk and add hussars for French is very hard to win. From stable you can spam goons ye and send until 15 schirmishers but then? Brit has a very nice eco and can let itself to make so many hussars and musk. French wouldn''t win this. I finally thought the most viable strategy is bow pikes
Hmm, i woudn''t agree. France has one of the best fortress games. They can make goon and skirms as you say, and just snipe the musketeer mass with the 2 falcs. I say france wins this.

French vs british

Post by Marco1698 »

bugattivitesse wrote:
marco1698 wrote:I think semi ff is viable but if opponent makes many musk and add hussars for French is very hard to win. From stable you can spam goons ye and send until 15 schirmishers but then? Brit has a very nice eco and can let itself to make so many hussars and musk. French wouldnt win this. I finally thought the most viable strategy is bow pikes
Hmm, i woudnt agree. France has one of the best fortress games. They can make goon and skirms as you say, and just snipe the musketeer mass with the 2 falcs. I say france wins this.?

well post a rec where you go and win with Semi-ff with fre vs a brit player then. I would like watching that.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

French vs british

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

marco1698 wrote:I think semi ff is viable but if opponent makes many musk and add hussars for French is very hard to win. From stable you can spam goons ye and send until 15 schirmishers but then? Brit has a very nice eco and can let itself to make so many hussars and musk. French wouldn''t win this. I finally thought the most viable strategy is bow pikes
bow rush is the worst way if your opponent has some food. He just has to make lb+6lb after 600w.
Semi f should work but you need to micro hard skirm/goon/CDB vs musk/husss.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

French vs british

Post by glorious_ »

I think bow rush doesn''t work at all he just have to make a wall and stay behind it with longbows and add 5 pike + he can add huss very fast aswell and then it''s gg. I think semi ff hard ride is only real option you have vs a brit.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

French vs british

Post by musketjr »

i like how nobody knows while the mu is older than time itself. shows it's a good mu
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

French vs british

Post by aoefan4life »

musketjr wrote:i like how nobody knows while the mu is older than time itself. shows it''s a good mu
It''s because a surprise xbow rush can pwn a british.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

French vs british

Post by Goodspeed »

purplesquid wrote:I''m a noob but I personally prefer to play a contain game as frence. Mass musk/huss and raid until the hunts run out and then win because the brit player has no food.
This is 100% the way to play it (well, colonial anyway. xbow/pike also viable as long as you transition out of it later) and who wins depends entirely on Brit''s hunts, they either have enough or they don''t. French semi-FF loses because Brit can full boom with 5 pike and follow you up, then has longbows and a better eco. Then still you can try to contain him and this will work on low hunt maps but your early fortress timing window is quite small. It''s easier in colonial because then you can prevent him from booming early, which means it will take longer for him to have the necessary mass to push out.

edit: post #1000 (:))
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

French vs british

Post by aoefan4life »

Is a hussar start then 700 wood for two raxes the best way for British to play this mu?
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

French vs british

Post by aoefan4life »

deleted_user wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:Is a hussar start then 700 wood for two raxes the best way for British to play this mu?
If they dont xbow/pike, brits should double rax musk. Put down a rax upon age up then 700w 600w 5v musket ups.
I find the ability to raid quite nice early game. Making a stable will translate into 1-2 less houses early game but the raid potential could be game breaking.