Plantation 10 vills vs 7 vills experiment

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I just tested the claim that 7 vills gather more efficiently on a plantation that 10 vills, because the more vills you have, he more pathing issues they have and that supposedly reduces the efficiency of the villagers. Here is my experiment:

Hypothesis:
If 7 villagers gather more efficiently on a plantation that 10 villagers, then the 7 villager plantation will gather more than 70% of what the 10 villager plantation gathered in the same amount of time.

Experiment:
Step 1) I let 10 villagers gather on an un-unupgraded plantation for 15 minutes, and they gathered 3187 gold.*
Step 2) I let 7 villagers gather on an un-unupgraded plantation for 15 minutes, and they gathered 2289 gold.*

Analysis &' Conclusion:
70% of 3187 gold is 2231 gold. The 7 villager plantation gathered 2289 gold, which equates to a difference of 58 gold (1.8% difference). If there is any difference between the efficiency of 7 vills and 10 vills gathering on a plantation, it seems insignificant. The small difference can be explained by human error (I tried my best to do exactly 15 minutes both times but it's very hard since it takes the villagers a couple seconds to distribute themselves on the plantation) and/or by unknown in-game plantation mechanics.

Possible further experiments:
Maybe one time I will repeat the experiment with fully upgraded plantations, but I doubt the result will be much different.

Disclaimer: I know some people are gonna want to flame me for not using fully upgraded plantations but this not an end-all be-all experiment, if you think it's going to make a huge difference then just do your own experiment and post your results. I just don't personally think 7v is actually more efficient because I've been told by people who I believe looked at the actual game files.

The attachment is a word document with screenshots of the "coin gathered" graph in the postgame.

*I tried my best to do exactly 15 minutes both times but it's very hard since it takes the villagers a couple seconds to distribute themselves on the plantation
Attachments
10vvs7v.docx
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

Post by bpdscolony123 »

wtf 10 gathers more doesnt matter on pathing
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

wouldn't it be more accurate to do this test several times?

or gather at x10 plantations and then divide result by ten?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

bpdscolony123 wrote:wtf 10 gathers more doesnt matter on pathing
A lot of treaty players think/say it does.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

incog wrote:wouldn''t it be more accurate to do this test several times?

It would, but it''s a hassle to try more times and if you have more than 1 plantation it''s a lot of work to make all the plantations gather at the exact same time.
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

Post by bpdscolony123 »

treaty players are not plaayers,they're noobs who cant play rush
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

You didn''t understand, of course 10 gather more than 7, what ovi means is the fact that the vills working at the 7 one gathered more proportionally.

Did you try this on a mill or paddies?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

ovi12 wrote:
incog wrote:wouldnt it be more accurate to do this test several times?

It would, but its a hassle to try more times and if you have more than 1 plantation its a lot of work to make all the plantations gather at the exact same time.

how about using stop and pause micro, and/or town bell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

bpdscolony123 wrote:treaty players are not plaayers,they''re noobs who cant play rush
lol
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

alejandrote wrote:
You didnt understand, of course 10 gather more than 7, what ovi means is the fact that the vills working at the 7 one gathered more proportionally.

Did you try this on a mill or paddies?
nope, only plantations
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

incog wrote:
ovi12 wrote:It would, but its a hassle to try more times and if you have more than 1 plantation its a lot of work to make all the plantations gather at the exact same time.
how about using stop and pause micro, and/or town bell
Probably its best to do stop/pause micro, but its a lot of work XD. I dont personally believe 7v is more efficient than 10v because Ive been told thats the case by people who I think looked at the files. Other people are welcome to try for themselves tho and post results if they 7v is better.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

oh god... not this discussion again. its just a myth created by superstitious treaty players... like they actually think that fre villagers with the speed upgrade card (north-west passage or something) gather faster...

http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/yaf_ ... ats.aspx?=

nubzzz
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:oh god... not this discussion again. its just a myth created by superstitious treaty players... like they actually think that fre villagers with the speed upgrade card (north-west passage or something) gather faster...

nubzzz
Lol did you read the thread? I was trying to debunk that myth here not promote it :P
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

umeu has no clue of what he is talking about. (it's not they gather faster for the vills, it's since they move faster they go from ress to ress faster -->' gather more. still not worth it, but it shows you just don't understand basic logic, or just read some post of someone who was limited.)
but it has never been a myth for the 7v10vill (bumping factor)
ovi12 you didn't do the experiment correctly, I just quickly read and other stuff to think abt, or it was patched since it was proven and I have no clue about it
no it is not worth it in the end unless very long game because of the cost of plantation (at what time it is worth it could be calculated I guess).
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... ion=ct&amp'f=1,27080,,all
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

The amount of lag is the game is VERY influencial on the amount of resources you gather. Try doing this in a classic 3v3 nr40 scenario with massive lag and you will see the difference.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:The amount of lag is the game is VERY influencial on the amount of resources you gather. Try doing this in a classic 3v3 nr40 scenario with massive lag and you will see the difference.
wtf?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Cuz villagers will just stop working when there is too much lag
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:Cuz villagers will just stop working when there is too much lag
lol
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I can try it out but it's hard to create a constant amount of lag without multiplayer lol
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

edeholland is correct.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/20 ... hread.aspx

treaty players from 2011 and back used to brag about 3600+ score offline booms in tr40, when that's a completely unrealistic score to get once you hit eso. offline booms are measured by your computers processing power.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

umeu wrote:oh god... not this discussion again. its just a myth created by superstitious treaty players... like they actually think that fre villagers with the speed upgrade card (north-west passage or something) gather faster...

nubzzz
Funniest thing I''ve read in a while lol
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

its from bumping, its been tested before to have a really small impact, only really worth for treaty probably. the payoff period is super long though
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:its from bumping, its been tested before to have a really small impact, only really worth for treaty probably. the payoff period is super long though
Well there was a 1.8% difference on totally unupgraded plantations, which is roughly 50 more gold for every 2k gold gathered. If it''s actually true it seems weird that everybody agrees on 7 tho, since it would mean the less vills you have on a plantation, the better it is.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

cometk wrote:edeholland is correct.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/20 ... hread.aspx

treaty players from 2011 and back used to brag about 3600+ score offline booms in tr40, when that''s a completely unrealistic score to get once you hit eso. offline booms are measured by your computers processing power.
How much do you get online if you get 3600 offline?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

if you don't read the thread we give you the conv is useless
your last question is answered in the link cometk gave you
for your previous post, again everything is answered on the link I gave you. it's not "everyone agrees", it's the optimal number (the biggest diff in proportion to vill/ress gathered).
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham