Plantation 10 vills vs 7 vills experiment

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

richard wrote:Hi Folks,

another thing to mention: Even if every villager you have is tasked on a mill/plantation, the idle villager graph in the postgame doesnt say that you had no idle villagers during that period of time. This leads to the assumption that vills dont gather while theyre moving on mills/plantations. But of course, this isnt a proof. It depends on the implementation of the game. Could be, or could not be...

Btw: This is different from the rice paddies the asian civs have. In that case, the idle vill graph in the post game shows exactly 0 idle villagers if theyre tasked on a paddy. And theyre never moving on it ...

Bye,
KingRichard
Interesting point, but vills don''t show up as idle while walking (at least in game, not sure about the graph), and I don''t believe they flash as idle when they''re bumping either, so im thinking maybe your observation is maybe unrelated.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

ovi12 wrote:
richard wrote:Hi Folks,

another thing to mention: Even if every villager you have is tasked on a mill/plantation, the idle villager graph in the postgame doesnt say that you had no idle villagers during that period of time. This leads to the assumption that vills dont gather while theyre moving on mills/plantations. But of course, this isnt a proof. It depends on the implementation of the game. Could be, or could not be...

Btw: This is different from the rice paddies the asian civs have. In that case, the idle vill graph in the post game shows exactly 0 idle villagers if theyre tasked on a paddy. And theyre never moving on it ...

Bye,
KingRichard
Interesting point, but vills dont show up as idle while walking (at least in game, not sure about the graph), and I dont believe they flash as idle when theyre bumping either, so im thinking maybe your observation is maybe unrelated.

i believe he was referring to the post-game graphs, not the idle villager notification that appears at the top of the screen while playing :p
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

cometk wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Interesting point, but vills dont show up as idle while walking (at least in game, not sure about the graph), and I dont believe they flash as idle when theyre bumping either, so im thinking maybe your observation is maybe unrelated.
i believe he was referring to the post-game graphs, not the idle villager notification that appears at the top of the screen while playing :p
Yeah thats what I figured, I said you dont get an in-game notification when vills are walking, but I wasnt 100% sure if it showed on the postgame graph
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

nobody mentioned the space it takes to build a plantation/mill or the extra wood :/
Better to invest all this thinking power into distributing your resources better (so that at the end of the game you didn't overgather like 4k wood) than to find out which of these is better if it's just by silly 0.5%' disposition (which civ vs which civ) has a way bigger impact than some 0.5% imo. But then you could argue that it counts for all the villagers which'd be less than half a fucking villager so you can send the age 1 trickle card and be up more.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.