Iroquois 20 sheep & 15 sheep cards

United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Iroquois 20 sheep & 15 sheep cards

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

These cards seem pretty OP for age 3,considering Iro can set up farms relatively easily. Or perhaps your Chinese teammates villages.

And then consider the possibility of transferring the sheep to sling a Japanese or Indian mate. I guess you could consider the same with team 4 sheep

Humor me In this hypothetical scenario:
3v3 Deccan, 2 iroqois 1 India. India obtains at least 10 cows from map, iroqois both FF age 3 and send 20 sheep each to India. India 50 cattle, fast industrial, infinite urumi, profit.

I've been using the 15, 20 sheep in my 3v3 decks recently. Anyone disagree on the worth of this card?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Iroquois 20 sheep & 15 sheep cards

Post by pecelot »

Generally pretty good, a card investment that requires expensive infrastructure (I guess not that much with Iroquois travois, but still) and doesn't pay off immediately. If aforementioned conditions are fulfilled, which might be the case in 3v3 games, then I can't see why you shouldn't sheep these cards! :flowers:
Skirmisher

pecelot wrote:Generally pretty good, a card investment that requires expensive infrastructure (I guess not that much with Iroquois travois, but still) and doesn't pay off immediately. If aforementioned conditions are fulfilled, which might be the case in 3v3 games, then I can't see why you shouldn't sheep these cards! :flowers:

Also consider sheep are pretty liquid asset. Worst case scenario you slaughter immediately on receivale and have roughly 1800(conservative estimate net of decay??) pretty close to your finger tips
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:
pecelot wrote:Generally pretty good, a card investment that requires expensive infrastructure (I guess not that much with Iroquois travois, but still) and doesn't pay off immediately. If aforementioned conditions are fulfilled, which might be the case in 3v3 games, then I can't see why you shouldn't sheep these cards! :flowers:

Also consider sheep are pretty liquid asset. Worst case scenario you slaughter immediately on receivale and have roughly 1800(conservative estimate net of decay??) pretty close to your finger tips

But you still have to gather from them, which is only about twice as fast as normally. You could have gatheren 900 food in that time, which means you only gain 900 food. (If you would have enough hunts. And 900 food is not really a great shipment in age 3...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

They are safe hunts and can be fattened so that you get 6000 food (3000 more)!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

pecelot wrote:They are safe hunts and can be fattened so that you get 6000 food (3000 more)!

After a long time, yes
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'd assume you'd send these cards in later fortress, when sometimes you invest into eco upgrades. Sheep definitely pay off sooner.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:

sheep start at 50 food.
Skirmisher

edeholland wrote:But you still have to gather from them, which is only about twice as fast as normally. You could have gatheren 900 food in that time, which means you only gain 900 food. (If you would have enough hunts. And 900 food is not really a great shipment in age 3...

Good point. That would be the theoretical gain. if you factor in all the walking around for hunt (really depends on map), and then factor intangible safety factor (much less chance losing villagers to raid or whatever) Then the actual gain is much more favorable imo.

For example, you spend total of 100 seconds walking around map, and lose 3 vills to raid, here is some approximate math on actual gain:
Assume hunt gather is 1 meat/second.
900 theoretical gain - 100seconds lost walking around - 450 (3 x 150food/vill - lost opportunity of them collecting food)
Actual gain = 350
Skirmisher

Similar topic:
Analysis of Iroqois team 4 sheep >> 3 villager in 3v3 (12 sheep in age1 as 1st card)???

Assuming you start with a farm travois or livestock pen (since farm can only fit 10 sheep, you will also have 2 extra sheep lying around):
~6 minutes (360s) to fatten 10 sheep on farm
assuming 7 vill collecting each sheep, 25 sec/sheep x 10 = 250s to collect all the meats.
Recovery is ~283 food/sheep x 10 sheep = 2,830 :food: in 610s

Compare this to 3vill card:
3 villager x (610s x 0.84 heardable meat/s) = 1,537 :food: in 610s

delta = 1,293 :food: gain
but 10 min is a long time to wait, so maybe only useful for FF or FI.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Maybe send them to the indian guy to gather exp and once fatten send them back?
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Skirmisher

_venox_ wrote:Maybe send them to the indian guy to gather exp and once fatten send them back?

that would be sweet. but i think they stop fattening when india owns them.