Where do the pros congregate. Can Someone answer ?

Zimbabwe Magna Phi
Crossbow
ESO: Phibrain

Where do the pros congregate. Can Someone answer ?

Post by Magna Phi »

I'm new to ESO community and have only recently acquired skill good enough to get by in AoE 3. There are a handful of pros in AoE 3 that have skill and knowledge that one can only dream of attaining. So my question is does the club let people in or have the doors been shut.

Is there reason to try and play enough to get to that level or is it just a hopeless endeavour
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Re: Where do the pros congregate. Can Someone answer ?

Post by KINGofOsmane »

its defenetly not hopeless you can improve fast and also the doors arent closed at all.
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

It took me about 1 year to get to pr25, and 6 more months to get to 30. You can progress very quickly after that, like diarouga did (within 1 year he became one of the best active players)
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ive been pr 28 since the day my mother spat me out.
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

deleted_user wrote:Ive been pr 28 since the day my mother spat me out.

You really believe its you playing with someone else streams dont you
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

they congregate here
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Magna Phi wrote:I'm new to ESO community and have only recently acquired skill good enough to get by in AoE 3. There are a handful of pros in AoE 3 that have skill and knowledge that one can only dream of attaining. So my question is does the club let people in or have the doors been shut.

Is there reason to try and play enough to get to that level or is it just a hopeless endeavour

Bro dont worry at all. I was a noob on mac at the beginning of last year, and even though I am only a PR 20-25, the game is really fun, and I have played with and against some very talented players before. If you really want to get good at the game, I recommend three things: Watch any streams from mid to high level players, esspecially when H2O is streaming because his insights are very useful, as well as tournament games; read the strategy wall and other threads and discussions on this forum, as well as the old agesanctuary forum; finally, get involved with the community, be present on the forums and online playing and obs-ing, and do so while not being a d*ck. That last part is very important :P
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Check out the Discord server in out left sidebar, great place to ask quick questions:

https://discordapp.com/invite/0khRaPfhrkTKPpye
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I try to be as helpful as possible if the questions are reasonable and in good spirits. I would say others are also quite helpful too but may require you getting some knowledge on your own first.

A lot of the best thoughts I can provide help when you are in the pr 27+ range.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

deleted_user wrote:Ive been pr 28 since the day my mother spat me out.

wow sircollon pretty good
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

_H2O wrote:
A lot of the best thoughts I can provide help when you are in the pr 27+ range.

Ryan read my pr 28 comment confirmed.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It basically just takes a lot of effort to get good. I improved a lot over the course of about 9 months. Went from pr 17 to pr 27. Than I noticed for about several weeks I wasn't improving at all, so I sort of stopped trying to get better and focused more on enjoying the game. That's what I'd strive for if I was you is just to enjoy the game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It all comes down to being able to enjoy the game at all times, because only then will you put time into it, which is the only way to improve in anything.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

I've been sitting on a meta improvement article for competitive gaming for a while, maybe it's time to adapt it to an aoe3 specific post and put it up. I think in a community that's spread out and almost purely online, it can be hard for players to have an open dialogue on improvement.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Some argue that the doors are wide open.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

iNcog wrote:Some argue that the doors are wide open.

If you're responding to me, I'm not saying that it's impossible to speak with good players. I'm saying that the informal offhand chatting about the game that happens when people meet in person doesn't happen on a large scale in the game. Dialogue with all levels of players is critical to improvement. Understanding how good, middling, and bad players think about the game helps players of all levels understand it at a more fundamental level. In a way, sheer volume of communication is an asset to a player that seeks to improve. Without that, a competitor looking to outstrip his or her rivals must be more incisive and know exactly which questions to ask when faced with a learning opportunity. And knowing which questions to ask is not always easy!
No Flag BeanYak
Crossbow
ESO: Alexyo234

Post by BeanYak »

Darwin_ wrote:
Magna Phi wrote:I'm new to ESO community and have only recently acquired skill good enough to get by in AoE 3. There are a handful of pros in AoE 3 that have skill and knowledge that one can only dream of attaining. So my question is does the club let people in or have the doors been shut.

Bro dont worry at all. I was a noob on mac at the beginning of last year, and even though I am only a PR 20-25, the game is really fun, and I have played with and against some very talented players before. If you really want to get good at the game, I recommend three things: Watch any streams from mid to high level players, esspecially when H2O is streaming because his insights are very useful, as well as tournament games; read the strategy wall and other threads and discussions on this forum, as well as the old agesanctuary forum; finally, get involved with the community, be present on the forums and online playing and obs-ing, and do so while not being a d*ck. That last part is very important :P

How do you get into observing games?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

BeanYak wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

How do you get into observing games?

When you see an obs game being hosted ask if you can join :)

Usually the observants get bored pretty quickly and can then answer a lot of your questions.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

@BeanYak They mostly happen on EP, which you should download if you haven't done yet. When they are hosted they usually have an "obs" reference. Then either join in case of free slots, or just whisper to join :)
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag BeanYak
Crossbow
ESO: Alexyo234

Post by BeanYak »

BrookG wrote:@BeanYak They mostly happen on EP, which you should download if you haven't done yet. When they are hosted they usually have an "obs" reference. Then either join in case of free slots, or just whisper to join :)

I log into EP every once in a while, although I hardly bother because my PR is too low. I think I might have seen an obs game like once, and I got kicked immediately...
Zimbabwe Magna Phi
Crossbow
ESO: Phibrain

Post by Magna Phi »

Thanks guys for the insight. My understanding of your comments it's about enjoying the game and watching top level game play. I already do the later but the former depends on other factors. I guess the suggestion made by IAmSoldier about Skype and Discord by Musketeer925 and others is the solution. SIlly thought though is someone looking for an apprentice? If so message me xD lol. No jokes.

Note I'm a MS-Sergeant level
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Darwin_ wrote:I recommend three things: Watch [...] when H2O is streaming because his insights are very useful

Where? On Twitch?
Pay more attention to detail.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Gendarme wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I recommend three things: Watch [...] when H2O is streaming because his insights are very useful

Where? On Twitch?

i pref his flame insights more
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Durokan wrote:they congregate here
+1
They congregate at the Council to be even more specific.