France iNcog
Ninja

[OUTDATED] Strategy Wall

Post by iNcog »

deleted by the author
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Strategy Wall

Post by iNcog »

I'm going to open and maintain the strategy thread wall which some people have been asking for. I personally think it's a good idea, so let's get this project started. This is going to be work in progress for some time, simply because there aren't a lot of builds which have been written down and explained. In fact, besides gs's guide, pretty much nothing has been written down. So it's up to you guys to write things down.

I need actual content. If anyone is willing to do a write-up, by all means do so, even if you're at a low rating. We have lots of high level players hanging around here and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to edit or add to anyone's article.

There aren't any templates or anything to follow, what I'm looking for is the following kind of content:
- A build order guide, where you go over card order and timings for a specific build order (e.g. hussar semi or something). Rather than specific details, what I'm looking for is an overview of how the build plays out, what it's good against, when it's a bad idea, taking match ups and maps into account, etc..
- A civilization guide, sort of like what gs has done before. As excellent as gs's guide is, it would be interesting to hear what other top players have to say.
- Replays or VODs are immensely appreciated.
- General analysis or anything thought-provoking
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Strategy Wall

Post by edeholland »

bugattivitesse wrote:PIROSHIKI FF (Spain)

2) Great age III unit cards. Spain has numerous excellent unit shipments once they hit age III, combined with fast XP, they can get these on the battlefield faster than any other civ.

Well, their age 3 unit cards are really nothing special. 2 falcs are good, the cav hand okayish, but they really lack ranged inf shipments or 5 lancers/5 goons. They can get them fast because of fast XP, but those shipments aren''t as good as 9 uhlan, 8 skirm, 5 mames,5 abus, 5 goon or 9 musks. This is just my opinion, but also based on the experience from the pro''s.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Strategy Wall

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Oh, I thought piroshi was doing 12/20 with 100w start.
If you start with 200w you can send 8 pikes or church card.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Strategy Wall

@djigit: I do prefer the fort FI
Age 3 fort/1k coin, if you have extra ressources make huss.
While aging wall,
then age4 send both factories and revo.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Strategy Wall

Post by cowhax »

@bugattivitesse I think the 1k food in age 3 is good for when you really want to pump out skirm, musket, or rods. I don't know what age 3 card I'd swap out if I wanted mercenaries though.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Strategy Wall

Post by glorious_ »

shaolinstar wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/Wz3dUed.png[/img]
for the lulz.

[div style="font-weight:bold'text-align:center'"][i style="font-size:12pt'"]8 Spahi Revo
[/div][div style="text-align:center'"]
[/div][/i][div style="text-align:justify'"]Age 1 : build 1 tp &' 1 house. Age up with 400w.

[/div][font size="2"][div style="text-align:justify'"]Age 2 : send 700coin. Age up with 4 hussars. Build the 2nd tp &' upgrade to stagecoach. All trade posts set to gather the resource you need. Usually wood is the wisest choice. Send 700wood. Build the 3rd tp &' 4 houses.

[/div][div style="text-align:justify'"]Age 3 : send 1000coin. Age up with the politician that gives 3 spahi. Send 5 spahi while aging.

[/div][div style="text-align:justify'"]Age 4 : send 2 bombards (or 8 huss). Do what you have to do (yeah I cant explain this part) to revolt with the politician that gives you 10 imperial hussars !

[/div][div style="text-align:justify'"]Revolution : all trade posts gather food in order to train milicians.[/div][/font][div style="text-align:justify'"]
note : I built a rax to fool him/her. Idk if it worked but dont do that. Spare your wood instead.[/div]
ive played lately vs this strat only thing opposite has to do is ff send petards and u done.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Strategy Wall

Post by Mimsy for President »

diarouga wrote:@djigit: I do prefer the fort FI
While aging wall,
Yeah that''s the secure way. I like it too tbh. Actually there are a lot of ways such as Voodoo''s FI with the church card etc.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Strategy Wall

shaolinstar wrote:
diarouga wrote:@djigit: I do prefer the fort FI
While aging wall,
Yeah thats the secure way. I like it too tbh. Actually there are a lot of ways such as Voodoos FI with the church card etc.
Yeah but it sucks while the fort fi is a good strat.
France iNcog
Ninja

Strategy Wall

Post by iNcog »

Actually I was thinking that each guide / build would be posted in their own thread so that the OP is a link to each different thread. It's essential if you want to discuss each individual strategy.
Garja wrote:
No Flag lordcharlie131
Musketeer

Strategy Wall

Post by lordcharlie131 »

incog wrote:[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/tte8K68.png"]
Russia Suworow-Semi-FF

Notes: Its not a Standard build. The goal is to use suworow card in a secure and powerfull way. You have at minute 11 100-120 Veteran musk + 2 Canons and can push out. Up to this Point you are defensive and have lots of strelets behind walls and blockhouses.

Pro: working great against Sioux, ports, Otto FI and semi-FF''s or everything with a late push (except India/Japan)
can work against brits, french colonial

Buildorder:

- [strong]woodtrickle[/strong]
- Age up with 14 or 17 settlers (400wood), depends on possible early pressure of enemy
- Transition choping Wood to build market(hunting Dogs) Blockhouse, house and walls
- 400 wood ->' 2 TP''s (sometimes you can build one TP in Transition)
- most vills on Food, few on other you will see by yourself
- [strong]700 wood ->' [/strong]houses, (full) wall and second blockhouse
[strong]- 700 Food ->' [/strong]building strelets and vills
[strong]- 700 Gold[/strong] ->' Age up with 17 strelets
[strong]optional 600 wood ->' [/strong]depends on how Long your TP''s survived for more houses and strelets
- [strong]Suworow [/strong]and[strong] [/strong]upgrade vet. musk
- [strong]Canons[/strong] ->'[strong] attack[/strong]
-behind this: stable->' Opri, 1000w->' TC, 1000c->' manchu

Example against Sioux:

[attachment id="531"]
Attachments
[RE SP] RSY[SI] vs LordCharlie131[RU] - Texas.age3yrec
(457.97 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Texas
Texas
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 17 minutes
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Strategy Wall

Post by divine_moon »

incog wrote:Actually I was thinking that each guide / build would be posted in their own thread so that the OP is a link to each different thread. It''s essential if you want to discuss each individual strategy.
makes sense... :thumbsup:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Strategy Wall

Post by Goodspeed »

Stickied. Great initiative Incog :)
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

Cant post the Chinese flag from the mobile, but here you go. I have already posted this in China thread, but it is a good addition to the collection.

1. FF. Build 2 houses, ship 3 vills, age with 17 vills with the summer palace. Build the wonder with 4-5 vills. Ship 700 gold and age with the Confucian academy, build it with 4-5 vills as well. If you are rushed ship army, call mm, make disciples and use your free army. If not rushed, ship 700 wood and distribute vills between all res - you need 2 more houses, a barracks, a consulate and a market. In the consulate choose Britain, in the market get all age 1 upgrades + professional hunters. In fortress make age 3 units and send army. Chinese strongest timing is at the 12 minute mark, when you get your first cannon, first batch of redcoats and 2 best shipments - 5 meteors and intervention. Use your barracks to produce mostly cav, because Chinese age 3 cav is very strong. Use disciples and put your monk into cover mode. If you have no food build a monastery and get mercs.

2. FI. Same, but get a tp from 700 wood, age to 3 with porcellain tower. Ship 1000 gold and age to 4 with Confucian academy. Ship 21 chu ko nu, 21 pikemen then old Han reforms, upgrade them to age 4 and win. Like my friend likes to say: "Old Han pikemen counter falconets".
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Strategy Wall

Post by MCJim »

incog wrote:Actually I was thinking that each guide / build would be posted in their own thread so that the OP is a link to each different thread. It''s essential if you want to discuss each individual strategy.
What about the idea of making 14 threads for the 14 civs? In the Dutch thread (for example), you will see all Dutch strats. In the French thread, you will see all French strats... and so on...

Then they should be stickied on the top of the "AoE3 Stragegy" section. (Or make a whole new section called "Strategy Wall")
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

Ottoman fishing boom strategy:

- Get a tp up. Ship 3 vills then schooners. Age with 400 wood. In transition get a dock up and make boats. Build walls if possible.
- From aging wood build a second dock and a barracks. Make some jannisaries so you can deal with enemy raids. Ship 700 wood and make a lot of boats with it. Also get a market up and get at least gang saw.
- Ship 2 galleys so you won't be pushed off water easily. If your enemy has 2 caravells in his deck, make 1 more galley to win the boat fight 100%.
- If you fight your enemy on water, ship improved warships, make more galleys and get dock upgrades. If he is playing on land, ship rendering plant.
- Use your water economy to make a strong army and win your opponent on land!
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

By the way guys, what do you think about this Otto build? I got this idea today.

400 w start. Build 2 tps, ship gold tricle. You won't lose a vill because of housing till 4.10, so in transition you can get a house up and still do Otto builds then. IMO tp + tricle is better than 3v.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

By the way, Bugattivitesse, you didn't write the Piroshiki BO properly. You don't build a tp in transition, you build it right away when you start the game with 200 w, otherwise you just skip the tp, if you build it in transition you will age late and it ruins the idea of fast ff with bad economy.

Starting tp allows you to ship 1 more card in transition after 700 w, usually it is 8 pike to combine them with age up pikemen, but you can also send church card, chop wood with almost all vills, skip barracks for now, build 1 church and 1 house and get 13 guard halbs for 1000 w to protect your cannons. In this case choose 4 hussar age up because you will have plenty of anticav. Also you can ship 600 gold after 700 wood, mine a bit more with vills and ship highlanders or swiss pikemen after you age, then cannon. In this case 4 hussars is the way to go as well.
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Strategy Wall

Post by bugattivitesse »

lordcharlie131 wrote:
incog wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/tte8K68.png[/img]
Russia Suworow-Semi-FF

Notes: Its not a Standard build. The goal is to use suworow card in a secure and powerfull way. You have at minute 11 100-120 Veteran musk + 2 Canons and can push out. Up to this Point you are defensive and have lots of strelets behind walls and blockhouses.

Pro: working great against Sioux, ports, Otto FI and semi-FFs or everything with a late push (except India/Japan)
can work against brits, french colonial

Buildorder:

- [strong]woodtrickle[/strong]
- Age up with 14 or 17 settlers (400wood), depends on possible early pressure of enemy
- Transition choping Wood to build market(hunting Dogs) Blockhouse, house and walls
- 400 wood ->' 2 TPs (sometimes you can build one TP in Transition)
- most vills on Food, few on other you will see by yourself
- [strong]700 wood ->' [/strong]houses, (full) wall and second blockhouse
[strong]- 700 Food ->' [/strong]building strelets and vills
[strong]- 700 Gold[/strong] ->' Age up with 17 strelets
[strong]optional 600 wood ->' [/strong]depends on how Long your TPs survived for more houses and strelets
- [strong]Suworow [/strong]and[strong] [/strong]upgrade vet. musk
- [strong]Canons[/strong] ->'[strong] attack[/strong]
-behind this: stable->' Opri, 1000w->' TC, 1000c->' manchu

Example against Sioux:

This is my personal favorite for Treaty 10 as well. Thanks for the post.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Strategy Wall

yurashic wrote:Ottoman fishing boom strategy:

- Get a tp up. Ship 3 vills then schooners. Age with 400 wood. In transition get a dock up and make boats. Build walls if possible.
- From aging wood build a second dock and a barracks. Make some jannisaries so you can deal with enemy raids. Ship 700 wood and make a lot of boats with it. Also get a market up and get at least gang saw.
- Ship 2 galleys so you won''t be pushed off water easily. If your enemy has 2 caravells in his deck, make 1 more galley to win the boat fight 100%.
- If you fight your enemy on water, ship improved warships, make more galleys and get dock upgrades. If he is playing on land, ship rendering plant.
Age 1 skip the TP and the 3 vills shipment, it will slow your boom and 200w is 4 boats (a fishing boat isn''t 40 since you need a dock). As you didn''t build a TP you can make a 2nd dock while aging.
You don''t need walls.
With 400w, rax+1house, put most of your vills on food/gold, you can make 5 jans.
With 700w market+fondery+3rd dock. Next shipment is either 700g to age up/make abus or 600w or 2 galleys.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Strategy Wall

bramboy wrote:For Sioux:

Bow rider age 2:

3 vills on food crates, don''t collect wood/coin crates. Send 3 vills and ageup with 15 vills

Age with 400w. Build a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines. Build 2 stables from your ageup wood. Send 4 vills, train bow riders and raid with them. Send 700g and proceed to train bow riders. You can ship either cav hp, 2 dogs, or smoke signals (upgrades explorer) after this. Try to kill as many vills as you can and use the dog soldier big button from your town center (costs 1500f) at around 15-18 mins to call 5-6 dog soldiers and win the game.

Use this vs Russia, Iroquois, Sioux, and Aztecs

Bow rider semi:

3 vills on food crates, don''t collect wood/coin crates. Send 3 vills and ageup with 15 vills

Age with 400w. Build a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines. Build a TP. Build another tp and a stable from your ageup wood. Train 5 bow riders and raid with them. Send 700c and age up. Send 700w for a warhut and the elite bow rider upgrade. Save the extra wood for a) another warhut to secure resources later or b) the elite axe rider upgrade if your opponent is mixing a lot of light infantry (longbow, skirmisher). Ship 9 wakina and 3 dog soldiers when you hit the fortress age.

Axe rider semi

Same as above, but train 4 axe riders and don''t research elite bow riders unless your opponent mixes a lot of cav.

Decks:

http://coppy.me/FJEOYN6Iz.png
http://coppy.me/FbL1mIA8Z.png

(The only difference is the 3 TP card)

Actually br semi is 4vills/700g/700w
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

diarouga wrote:
yurashic wrote:Ottoman fishing boom strategy:

- Ship 2 galleys so you wont be pushed off water easily. If your enemy has 2 caravells in his deck, make 1 more galley to win the boat fight 100%.
Age 1 skip the TP and the 3 vills shipment, it will slow your boom and 200w is 4 boats (a fishing boat isnt 40 since you need a dock). As you didnt build a TP you can make a 2nd dock while aging.
You dont need walls.
With 400w, rax+1house, put most of your vills on food/gold, you can make 5 jans.
With 700w market+fondery+3rd dock. Next shipment is either 700g to age up/make abus or 600w or 2 galleys.

If you dont build a tp you wont have a shipment ready after you age. May be it is ok to skip 3v but tp start is mandatory IMO.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Strategy Wall

Post by WickedCossack »

yurashic wrote:By the way guys, what do you think about this Otto build? I got this idea today.

400 w start. Build 2 tps, ship gold tricle. You won''t lose a vill because of housing till 4.10, so in transition you can get a house up and still do Otto builds then. IMO tp + tricle is better than 3v.

That''s actually a pretty interesting idea @Yurashic. Ottos nearly always get a 2nd tp so it makes sense to get it asap. Then it''s just looking at 3vils vs trickle. What''s the trickle, 1.5p/s ? A mine is 0.6, so 3 vils on a mine is 1.8p/s. In reality it will be slightly less than 1.8 though as vils have to move about to garrison and move to other mines. Also good for shitty coin maps.

Ah only problem is you are idling your explorer for a long time. :( Vs a civ like india with 2 explorers they''re going to pick up like 10 treasures to your 1. Maybe a sonora strategy where you get TP''s and the treasures are bloody awful anyhows.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Strategy Wall

If you just send schooners you'll have a shipment age2.
TP is an eco boost but it is definitely not as valuable as 4boats
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Strategy Wall

Post by yurashic »

wickedcossack wrote:
yurashic wrote:By the way guys, what do you think about this Otto build? I got this idea today.

400 w start. Build 2 tps, ship gold tricle. You wont lose a vill because of housing till 4.10, so in transition you can get a house up and still do Otto builds then. IMO tp + tricle is better than 3v.
Thats actually a pretty interesting idea @yurashic. Ottos nearly always get a 2nd tp so it makes sense to get it asap. Then its just looking at 3vils vs trickle. Whats the trickle, 1.5p/s ? A mine is 0.6, so 3 vils on a mine is 1.8p/s. In reality it will be slightly less than 1.8 though as vils have to move about to garrison and move to other mines. Also good for shitty coin maps.

Ah only problem is you are idling your explorer for a long time. :( Vs a civ like india with 2 explorers theyre going to pick up like 10 treasures to your 1. Maybe a sonora strategy where you get TPs and the treasures are bloody awful anyhows.
On sonora it might be good to build 2 tps, ship 300w first and get third tp + house, same for patagonia. Even though it wont work if you ff, because you need 3v to gather food/gold.

Also I think it would be viable to do 2tp ->' gold tricle ->' 700c ->' 700w ->' church card ->' 1000w ->' 2 falc. Because of 2 starting tps you can stick in the church card and send 1000w instead of 8 jans for 15 church jans. Compared to normal 1tp ->' 3v ->' 700c ->' 700w ->' 8 jans ->' 2 falc you get 7 more jans at the time you need to push and still have your juicy 8 jans card available.