2v2 Defending

Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

2v2 Defending

Post by DerMaxinator »

Lately I have been playing some 2v2s with some mates. And everything is working out fine, I just wanted to ask how to defend versus a really hard rush by the two opponents. I usually play French or Brit and find it really hard to defend vs Otto and a second civ that just mixes cav.

Any tips on how to send shipments or what units to make? And should I make a wall with my buildings to defend eco, because that usually has the effect that my rax goes down first...

Thanks already for any responses :biggrin:
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: 2v2 Defending

Post by Darwin_ »

Hmm. If you go french, I would try starting double musks and ship 8 bows when needed. You could also start musk/cav, or ship 3 huss instead of 8 bows.

For brits, I would start longbow/pike if they rush, or double rax musks. You could also just do normal eco single rax build, and ship 6 musks/longbows when needed.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

As i am pretty good at defending in 2vs2 i can tell you: Try to get as few villagers as you can in the towncenter(max. 10). In case you play brits place your tower in range of your tc. Wait for your mates units to arrive before you attack. If you get engaged be sure to send anything like bows or musks and call mm. If you expect to be rushed (up against ottoman or sth) build your barracks behind your tc. If you go for inf just mix anti cav and anti inf.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

japanesegeneral wrote:As i am pretty good at defending in 2vs2 i can tell you: Try to get as few villagers as you can in the towncenter(max. 10). In case you play brits place your tower in range of your tc. Wait for your mates units to arrive before you attack. If you get engaged be sure to send anything like bows or musks and call mm. If you expect to be rushed (up against ottoman or sth) build your barracks behind your tc. If you go for inf just mix anti cav and anti inf.

If you are going vs otto you need some cav. Them abus guns are a real bitch.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

Ofc but if the opponent is going cav. Making abus is dumb only since mixing double cav would easily counter that. British are not a civ which is supposed to start since you are not likely to get a batch of 5 at 6mins.
P.s. Learicorns op
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

If you cannot get 5 hus out you should think about that twice.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

yemshi wrote:If you cannot get 5 hus out you should think about that twice.

But not at 6 mins lol. I mean brits are not a meta cav starting civ for a reason. They have to boom.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You can. And if you get rushed skipping two manors at max is worth it.
You can ST, 40 manor pop before 700w comes in and 5huss.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

Thanks guys :)

Although I do not think that cav should be too effective against some all in jan rush. I think that defending that first is more important
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:As i am pretty good at defending in 2vs2 i can tell you: Try to get as few villagers as you can in the towncenter(max. 10). In case you play brits place your tower in range of your tc. Wait for your mates units to arrive before you attack. If you get engaged be sure to send anything like bows or musks and call mm. If you expect to be rushed (up against ottoman or sth) build your barracks behind your tc. If you go for inf just mix anti cav and anti inf.

Tcs one shot abus right?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

sdsanft wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

Tcs one shot abus right?

when its pretty full on it doesnt hurt to have some cav. TC/s won't get rid of all of them. In a good abus rush there should be at least 6-10.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
sdsanft wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Tcs one shot abus right?

when its pretty full on it doesnt hurt to have some cav. TC/s won't get rid of all of them. In a good abus rush there should be at least 6-10.

Honestly, if all he has is jan/abus and you can just stick a bunch of lb behind your tc and you can hold most pushes. Trying to protect res is a different story though, but with a teammates help it shouldn't be that bad. Just remember to use walls/lb and then either you or your teammate should always have a few cav raiding

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Darwin_ wrote:Hmm. If you go french, I would try starting double musks and ship 8 bows when needed. You could also start musk/cav, or ship 3 huss instead of 8 bows.

For brits, I would start longbow/pike if they rush, or double rax musks. You could also just do normal eco single rax build, and ship 6 musks/longbows when needed.

Why not cav as french
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

If u go cav and scout a rush, try a wall around ur tc that woll slow down the rush and protect urvills, and raid the enemy fb with the cav when they are under ur tc. If some units go back and their composition is weak, then it is the time to synchronise an attack with ur ally.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

If u go cav and scout a rush, try a wall around ur tc that woll slow down the rush and protect urvills, and raid the enemy fb with the cav when they are under ur tc. If some units go back and their composition is weak, then it is the time to synchronise an attack with ur ally.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Hmm. If you go french, I would try starting double musks and ship 8 bows when needed. You could also start musk/cav, or ship 3 huss instead of 8 bows.

Why not cav as french

I dont see why not, but if you are getting rushed in a 2v2 situation I just assumed there would be a lot of musks and heavy infantry (probably like double musk or musk and xbow/pike smth like that), and that cav wouldnt be super useful in a defending situation. Cav would be super useful to raid and draw you opponents away from your base, however.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

Double heavy inf is just not very likely. But still you can easily switch to anything inf based by sending 700w.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Darwin_ wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:

Why not cav as french

I dont see why not, but if you are getting rushed in a 2v2 situation I just assumed there would be a lot of musks and heavy infantry (probably like double musk or musk and xbow/pike smth like that), and that cav wouldnt be super useful in a defending situation. Cav would be super useful to raid and draw you opponents away from your base, however.

cav can snare whilst mm rape, also if ur opponents are both inf they have nothing to defend raids so u can idle them forever
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

cav can snare whilst mm rape, also if ur opponents are both inf they have nothing to defend raids so u can idle them forever

very true. I think that the samwise musk/cav build would be better than starting stable IMO, just because it gives you a bit more flexibility.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

@DerMaxinator if your problem is the jans rush+ cavs double fantery (musk/musk) can work easy if u send mm or 8xbow or 6 lb, or well xbow/lb + pikke too, then u add cav and raid. About defending in general..well : make your houses/market in a position to defend your eco and if they run into your tc's area this builds have to make trouble to his units to move easy between them, don't let him find your fb so easy. it's the first thing they will try to crash and important is to don't lost it soon. So you will have a better position to micro. U have to see how your map near tc is done, where are the res and think how to cover them. Anyway a al in rush is noob, what is op is rush = costant pressing + map controll. Wall also, expecially in RE wall is very lame. The real problem in my opinion is not the laming jans rush + cav (well jans + ulhans is really insane), but when otto add abus, you have to be able to defend their first rush an then push whitout let them mix whit abus mass
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers: