China's non-sucking colonial strategy guide

No Flag a passing slimey
Crossbow

China's non-sucking colonial strategy guide

Post by a passing slimey »

WARNING: This is a guide for COLONIAL and WATER china. You might get triggered before giving it a chance.

Age 1:

With this strat you don't want to chop the 100 wood like you always do. Just keep all vills on food and age up. The first shipment is "east india men". When the shipment arrives, get the dock built and make your first fishing ship with the remaining 100 wood crate. You should be able to start building the wonder at 3:25, or sooner depending on your treasures. Age up with the porcelain tower.

You should keep two villagers building the wonder, four villagers + your fishing boat on food and the rest on the wood. All new villagers are to be put on wood as well. Keep making boats...

When you hit 7 gatherers on food (don't forget fishing ships are also counted on the gathering tab), send one of your food villagers to wood. THIS IS IMPORTANT. You might not be able to build your barracks right away if you don't do that.

Send a villforward if you are making a fb.

Age 2:

Send 700 wood right away. Change the porcelain settings to gather only wood and send some vills to food until the food gathering count gets to 11. Do not skip the vill so that you can get the first batch faster if it happens you don't get enough food to start it right away. You will get popped with the first batch, so you dont wanna do that. Keep sending all the new vills to wood. Once the 700 wood arrives, you want to make your second village as fast as you can. Also make your second dock with the wood.

Because of the extra exp, you can send your second colonial card right after the wood arrives. If your second colonial card is going to be an unit card, you also want to get another village (in your fb if you have one.) If not, you should make a market. Otherwise, your second colo card should be 600 wood. With the wood, it is possible to make all the 6 villages and then send the refugees card, but you can do whatever you want after that point rly.

Overview:

As much bad it sounds for you to send your schooners (indiamen) as your first card, you actually get about the same eco in the transition (4 boats) as you would with the 3 vills (Although you lose some resources from not having the first 3 vills card from the beginning though). Besides that, you also get the porcelain tower, which is worth five vills in colonial. Compared to a fortress porcelain, it is 3 vills less, but i wouldn't worry too much about it since having it earlier pays off by getting the fishing going. In fact, you can go confusian for the third age and get the 8 skirms without having to sacrifice the tower, so i would say it is good stuff.

This is mostly a strat for team games. In fact, i feel like it is a must-go-for on those since it is so much better than what china colo usually is.

Idk how viable this strat is in 1v1s. Because you kinda get stuck in colonial for some time I guess you would rather use it against civs that also are stuck in colo (like russia). China pretty much dont have cav, so colo vs fortress is kinda scary there. Maybe it is possible to Send pike and then steppe and try killing all his houses before he gets any units? China ff is OP, so i suppose you would rather go for it instead since they arent rushing you anyway.

Also, never forget: the best anticav for china at colo are walls.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: China's non-sucking colonial strategy guide

Post by tedere12 »

I have used it in team as well, it is approved
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Triggherd

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

a passing slimey wrote: the best anticav for china at colo are walls.
:chinese: :idea:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

@jesus3 , any blessings for this strat?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

This seems like a nice strat, but very specific with team game and water as condition.
To the "destroy houses" thing: yes, you might have to do sth similar to mitoe rush shenanigans but less all in i guess. I think i'll give faster age Up without second village a chance, but in this case you need the 500f ageup bc you also need a tp, rax and forward village. I guess its just to keep idling vills and negating shipments then bc youre prolly a little later than with mitoe shenanigans and opponent might have already clicked in his first col shipment.

I'm not sure if steppe or pikes first - i think steppe gets you the edge at negating a rax/stable placement

blessings
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

update(and sry for double post):

Tried the one village (with first shipment 300w) and early colonial pressure on houses, it worked really well vs eaglemut, who is an overall better player than me, with the condition that he was germany without ep tho. but still, if he didn't somehow sneak a shipment through and i attacked the tc instead of houses at some point, i would even had won at first try. So without my fuck-ups it would have been really nice, i will work on this china strat more. I know this might even be close to "new", but for me defenitely viable regarding suprising colonial china play
Blessings to you all.