Dutch vs Japanese

India _DB_
Howdah

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by _DB_ »

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/cSd61gp.jpg"] [img]http://i.imgur.com/eH9B3f3.jpg[/img]
Japan so OP ^^^
Any specific strategy you would do against Japan as playing Dutch?

If you have rec game, feel free to share it here.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by DerMaxinator »

Send pike to raid his Shrines and make skirm/Hus against his Ashi (Or maybe Yumis)
I am not sure if you should stay age two or go age three...
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by fei123456 »

gg type fuk u lamer
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by Mimsy for President »

Bank wagon then 8 pikemen. Siege his shrines with pike &' shoot his vills with your skirms. Don't let him gather. Build a stable and a 2nd rax with 700w ?

or do this [attachment id="539"] (is it possible to prevent the renaming when you add an attachment ?)

I had trouble dealing with his weird bo as Japanese.
Attachments
[RE SP] djigit[JP] vs yemshi[DU] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
(748.41 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 17 minutes
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by edeholland »

What renaming problem are you experiencing?
Jaeger

Dutch vs Japanese

[attachment id="540"]

That's how it's originally named : djigit(Japanese) vs [CaSU] yemshi(Dutch) - ASC_Kamchatka
If I upload as it is, people can't read it unless they rename the rec.

So I have to rename differently before uploading. Maybe my pattern is too long but this also happened to _H2O's rec. iirc you couldn't read the recorded game.
Attachments
[RE SP] djigit[JP] vs yemshi[DU] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
(748.41 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 17 minutes
No Flag kingandrey
Crossbow

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by kingandrey »

I love this match up as Dutch. Usually, they won't rush in which scenario you can quickly get 4 banks and age, of course have a barracks and skirm be prepared for a late colonial timing but focus on getting to age 3 where Dutch has plenty of anti can shipments (halbs are amazing tanks) and build falconets, if he matches you with flaming arrows send black riders or Ruyter or stradiot, I feel Dutch has upper hand in this match up and personally love playing it
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by musketjr »

kingandrey wrote:I love this match up as Dutch. Usually, they won''t rush in which scenario you can quickly get 4 banks and age, of course have a barracks and skirm be prepared for a late colonial timing but focus on getting to age 3 where Dutch has plenty of anti can shipments (halbs are amazing tanks) and build falconets, if he matches you with flaming arrows send black riders or Ruyter or stradiot, I feel Dutch has upper hand in this match up and personally love playing it
i...i dont even
Jaeger

Dutch vs Japanese

haha
India _DB_
Howdah

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by _DB_ »

That rec game was pretty satisfying, Djigit. Everything was fine except that envoy rush lol.
Pretty sad that Dutch finally lose :(

kingandrey wrote:I love this match up as Dutch. Usually, they won''t rush in which scenario you can quickly get 4 banks and age, of course have a barracks and skirm be prepared for a late colonial timing but focus on getting to age 3 where Dutch has plenty of anti can shipments (halbs are amazing tanks) and build falconets, if he matches you with flaming arrows send black riders or Ruyter or stradiot, I feel Dutch has upper hand in this match up and personally love playing it
LOL. Japan can still outboom Dutch 4 bank build. If you spare Japan till 8th minute of game, it''s already gg.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by WickedCossack »

It's a pretty hard match up for dutch to win straight up. Gotta trick some gimicks. I used to have a lot of success with pooling hussar actually.

Start normally with a bank in transition and make a rax with the age up wood. Send bank wagon first. Poke away doing some trades with your skirms. Then ship 8 pike to start seiging the shrines, which I recognize is actually a very inefficient shipment at this point since you have to gather wood for houses rather than using say a 700w. But it's all part of the bigger plan. At this point the japan is building up a nice group of yumis and shrines.

Now for the gimmick. You ship the 700w and instead of building banks you spend it on 2 stables and 3 houses. Cut villager production, and also take everyone off wood. You should be able to get a batch of 10 hussar the first time and maybe 5-6 on a second cycle. Also ship 3 hussar. Keep this whole transition as hidden as possible, if that wasn't already obvious.

At this point you gotta start seiging a nearish (to his base) shrine with your left over pikes and your measly skirm force (prolly about 8-12 skirms.) The japan player gets pretty cocky at this point, like always, and pushes out with 40 yumis. You smash your 20 hussar into him and try and pick off the 5 ashi he has for anti-cav with your small skirm force.

Hopefully that's game.

Yea it's a little gimicky but it's fooled some of the best japan players around. Just gotta sell a good story. You'd have trouble winning with it twice in a row. But worth a shot if you don't find anything else that works.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by yemshi »

That's like the only reason I play Dutch
Envoy Rush FTW!
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by bart331 »

wickedcossack wrote:It''s a pretty hard match up for dutch to win straight up. Gotta trick some gimicks. I used to have a lot of success with pooling hussar actually.

Start normally with a bank in transition and make a rax with the age up wood. Send bank wagon first. Poke away doing some trades with your skirms. Then ship 8 pike to start seiging the shrines, which I recognize is actually a very inefficient shipment at this point since you have to gather wood for houses rather than using say a 700w. But it''s all part of the bigger plan. At this point the japan is building up a nice group of yumis and shrines.

Now for the gimmick. You ship the 700w and instead of building banks you spend it on 2 stables and 3 houses. Cut villager production, and also take everyone off wood. You should be able to get a batch of 10 hussar the first time and maybe 5-6 on a second cycle. Also ship 3 hussar. Keep this whole transition as hidden as possible, if that wasn''t already obvious.

At this point you gotta start seiging a nearish (to his base) shrine with your left over pikes and your measly skirm force (prolly about 8-12 skirms.) The japan player gets pretty cocky at this point, like always, and pushes out with 40 yumis. You smash your 20 hussar into him and try and pick off the 5 ashi he has for anti-cav with your small skirm force.

Hopefully that''s game.

Yea it''s a little gimicky but it''s fooled some of the best japan players around. Just gotta sell a good story. You''d have trouble winning with it twice in a row. But worth a shot if you don''t find anything else that works.

Haha epic dutch strat, almost as epic as instant mm rush (dutch can actually instantly send mm and ageup at like 5 mins).
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by yemshi »

They ageup with that with 15 vills without any delay' but you ofc have less res for your bank.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by bart331 »

U go with 17/18 or something, so ye u can still make bank just a lot slower. Goal is to slow him even worse
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by yemshi »

17/18 vills?
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by musketjr »

wickedcossack wrote:It''s a pretty hard match up for dutch to win straight up. Gotta trick some gimicks. I used to have a lot of success with pooling hussar actually.

Start normally with a bank in transition and make a rax with the age up wood. Send bank wagon first. Poke away doing some trades with your skirms. Then ship 8 pike to start seiging the shrines, which I recognize is actually a very inefficient shipment at this point since you have to gather wood for houses rather than using say a 700w. But it''s all part of the bigger plan. At this point the japan is building up a nice group of yumis and shrines.

Now for the gimmick. You ship the 700w and instead of building banks you spend it on 2 stables and 3 houses. Cut villager production, and also take everyone off wood. You should be able to get a batch of 10 hussar the first time and maybe 5-6 on a second cycle. Also ship 3 hussar. Keep this whole transition as hidden as possible, if that wasn''t already obvious.

Hopefully that''s game.

Yea it''s a little gimicky but it''s fooled some of the best japan players around. Just gotta sell a good story. You''d have trouble winning with it twice in a row. But worth a shot if you don''t find anything else that works.
sounds cool. do you have a rec of this or something similar working?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by WickedCossack »

Nah soz I'm not really a rec hoarder. I'll send you one if it comes up, though might be a little tricker now I posted the idea.
France benj89
Howdah

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by benj89 »

seems like a nice strat, just hope the guy doesn't scout and keep shrining :p
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by deleted_user0 »

I dont really get the point of a mm rush in this mu :/ they will be on 1 hp by the time they get anywhere near vils and the explorers can just poof to tc :/
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by Marco1698 »

I think 4 banks boom with 8 pikes card is nice vs Japan. Also 3 bank fast with 8 pikes is ok. Keep down the number of opponent's shrines with your pikes. There isn't so much you can do as Dutch I am sure. Japanese boom is far better. Of course if you destroy so many shrines you could have some chances
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by bart331 »

umeu wrote:I dont really get the point of a mm rush in this mu :/ they will be on 1 hp by the time they get anywhere near vils and the explorers can just poof to tc :/

At least u will have some fun, tho i agree this matchup its terrible
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by deleted_user0 »

When playing this mu with mitoe i tried 300w first card for tps and a no bank (or 1 bank, i dont remember) skir pike rush with 700w 4v to fuel the push. It put a lot of pressure on japan, easily taking out the consulate, which is really annoying for jap to lose eqrly on it seems. Then transition into huss after. The problem is just that in the end the dutch age2 combo is inferior, qnd as soon as you let thr pressure goa little bit, jap will outboom...
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Dutch vs Japanese

Post by cowhax »

why not just FF as Dutch?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Dutch vs Japanese