rush vills with france

No Flag kpower
Crossbow

rush vills with france

Post by kpower »

hi
can you with upgrade rush vills with france?
you can slow down the economy and blocking hunt.
:biggrin:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: rush vills with france

Post by pecelot »

You can use CDBs in a couple of aggressive strategies, first and I think the most known is the Pioneers timing vs Sioux, the BO goes something like: 3 CDBs -> 4 CDBs -> 700w -> Pioneers, also you can ship the Northwest Passage card on Yukon and with 3/4 CDBs collect all of the treasures (3 CDBs -> Northwest Passage with an early market for Blunderbuss & Great Coat upgrades).
I also thought of a different way, particularly good vs Japan, when you research Blunderbuss and get one CDB on the other half of the map to kill all the hunts (one-shot them, to be precise :chinese:), as you'll most likely not gather from these at any point in time, to deny shrines or to force your opponent to build them closer to your base, where they are much more vulnerable.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yes I used to do ff vill rush on nilla vs russia :P
so u basically go fortress asap, make 5 cui and ship pioneers, with market cards (I prefer to do 1 or 2 proxy houses and stable), at that time the opponent realising that im one age ahead gets into my base trying to do damage, if you are lucky enough he will stay there until cui, mm and cdb pop and kill his army. So basically siege fb where stable is (possibly) and most opponents will resign lol
No Flag kpower
Crossbow

Post by kpower »

better rush in age1 or right afterr age 2 whem arrive 4vills?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

you need military backup, TC just annihilates all vills
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

kpower wrote:better rush in age1 or right afterr age 2 whem arrive 4vills?
yes
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

pick one vill age 1 and go kill all his hunts, at least back herd as hard as you can - just be careful he doesn't have an inca/toma trea. once you did that, send mm if he wants to aggro fb and you a true qs player
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

My Cdb Rush is paired with musk/husk. The CdB's act as tanky skirmishers. BO is usually 3 CdBs 4 CdBs pioneers 3 Huss. And I send literally every villager I have. Often I try to set up a forward barracks stable and/or outpost too
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Lol, just blunderbuss->one shot all hunts. Cheapest, lamest, most bs strat in the game

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

sdsanft wrote:Lol, just blunderbuss->one shot all hunts. Cheapest, lamest, most bs strat in the game

People need to do this more so that people learn to not wait with herding until transition.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Something I've done to good effect against civs that get 400w at predictable age up timings like otto, is I TP and 12/10. I send 3 v, then pioneers. I build a market in transition and research great coat. I send 2 v extremely forward, close enough that I can get to their TC in just a couple seconds. At the right time, I walk forward while they age, and steal their wood. Most players (who are not observant, and therefore bad, befitting the rank of my equally skilled opponents) garrison their vills to kill the CDB. But the ridiculous hp with 40% RR lets them tank enough to almost always get all the wood, while only losing 1 vill. The TP lets me send either 700w or 4 vill, depending on what I need next, or 3 huss if I'm being particularly cheeky. Getting ~300w from opponent's age up along with the 400w from my own lets me pay for the market retroactively and the houses that I do not put into the early part of the build, while still getting my rax and stable up. Then, I get the extremely nice bonus of having tanky af vills if the game extends for any amount of time.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Its more effective to have ur vills wall up in front of crossbows so that they can kite cav between the gates... Imo, if u can wall in ur enemy, then they are stuck in terms of natural resources. Plus, u get los on them. Really effective on deccan
Error 404: Signature not found
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Diarouga's BO:
Age with 14 coureurs and a TP or market-HD
During transition build either the TP or the market, herd opponent's hunts back, research great coat and blunderbuss, build a house
When in age II, with 400w build a 2nd TP + stagecoach, send 4 coureurs and rush
Send pionniers, wilderness warfare, northwest passage
TPs are set on food for constant coureur production
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Has anyone saved ryan's streams where he cdb rushed all games in qs?

Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

The only way you can rush with vills as French is vs Sioux, alright? It's good vs bow riders if you already have many muskets
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You can musk/huss with cdb against unwalled water booms.
Smth like 3cdb, 4cdb, 700w, (700c), pioneers.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lesllamas wrote:Something I've done to good effect against civs that get 400w at predictable age up timings like otto, is I TP and 12/10. I send 3 v, then pioneers. I build a market in transition and research great coat. I send 2 v extremely forward, close enough that I can get to their TC in just a couple seconds. At the right time, I walk forward while they age, and steal their wood. Most players (who are not observant, and therefore bad, befitting the rank of my equally skilled opponents) garrison their vills to kill the CDB. But the ridiculous hp with 40% RR lets them tank enough to almost always get all the wood, while only losing 1 vill. The TP lets me send either 700w or 4 vill, depending on what I need next, or 3 huss if I'm being particularly cheeky. Getting ~300w from opponent's age up along with the 400w from my own lets me pay for the market retroactively and the houses that I do not put into the early part of the build, while still getting my rax and stable up. Then, I get the extremely nice bonus of having tanky af vills if the game extends for any amount of time.

Although I liked the idea at first, it doesn't seem that much viable. Of course, you pointed that out, but it's counterable relatively easily, even for the biggest n00bz. Players can just garrison 10 vills and gather the resources from the crates quickly, and even with both of these upgrades, which may not necessarily come in time given you have only 10 CDBs to gather and the fast age-up by aggressive civs. Moreover, even with both of these upgrades it's only 4 shots per CDB, so you'll most likely just lose both (on top of lost VS, but I guess you can gather some wood from the crates... — again, not sure if it's even doable).
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

pecelot wrote:
lesllamas wrote:Something I've done to good effect against civs that get 400w at predictable age up timings like otto, is I TP and 12/10. I send 3 v, then pioneers. I build a market in transition and research great coat. I send 2 v extremely forward, close enough that I can get to their TC in just a couple seconds. At the right time, I walk forward while they age, and steal their wood. Most players (who are not observant, and therefore bad, befitting the rank of my equally skilled opponents) garrison their vills to kill the CDB. But the ridiculous hp with 40% RR lets them tank enough to almost always get all the wood, while only losing 1 vill. The TP lets me send either 700w or 4 vill, depending on what I need next, or 3 huss if I'm being particularly cheeky. Getting ~300w from opponent's age up along with the 400w from my own lets me pay for the market retroactively and the houses that I do not put into the early part of the build, while still getting my rax and stable up. Then, I get the extremely nice bonus of having tanky af vills if the game extends for any amount of time.

Although I liked the idea at first, it doesn't seem that much viable. Of course, you pointed that out, but it's counterable relatively easily, even for the biggest n00bz. Players can just garrison 10 vills and gather the resources from the crates quickly, and even with both of these upgrades, which may not necessarily come in time given you have only 10 CDBs to gather and the fast age-up by aggressive civs. Moreover, even with both of these upgrades it's only 4 shots per CDB, so you'll most likely just lose both (on top of lost VS, but I guess you can gather some wood from the crates... — again, not sure if it's even doable).

At these early age up stages, civs like Otto don't have many vills out, and often 1-2 are away from the tc for an FB, and 1-2 may be herding in transition. You can't do this so a civ like Germany because they can gobble the crates ridiculously fast with SW, and they usually have many vills right next to their TC in transition. Also, players will often not commit so hard to belling 10 in the tc and the rest of vills on crates because they don't realize you've invested so heavily in your vill's hp. So they think just putting ~5 or 6 in will finish off your CDB quickly.

I don't think this is viable against someone who realizes what's going on at all. Like I said, people around my PR (20-23) are almost entirely unprepared to think on their feet this quickly, and this strat is pure, extra sharp, cheddar cheese meant to exploit how bad we all are at that PR lol.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Fair enough, may be worth giving a try in the future! :hmm:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I watched a game in stream lately, where one CDB killed almost all of the opponents hunts. I really think its a shitty, unfair strategy :oops: If you win in this manner, I would think you have a bad taste in your mouth. If someone did that 2 me, I would pest them forever :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I once lost to a nilla otto player who killed all my hunts with his villagers from the treasure, it was really lame because I didnt even have a second hunt, and was forced to forward tower vs janrush. Aside from that, you should be herding as soon as you explore your second hunt so I dont really think aggresively killing hunts in a balanced map is possible