Post by site »

Thanks!
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Re: How to scout RE maps

Post by Warno »

Wow, amazing work!! Good thing french is mandatory for us Canadians!
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps something for the Strategy Wall (at least when translated)? @iNcog
Pay more attention to detail.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Google translate translates it pretty perfectly tbh
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

britishmusketeer wrote:Google translate translates it pretty perfectly tbh

Okay, I'll take a look.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

nice, that's one of these things that differentiates average from good players that not one talks about
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

benj89 wrote:nice, that's one of these things that differentiates average from good players that not one talks about

Hum rather good from very good. That makes the difference between a pr35 and a pr40.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

true
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Great effort, thanks a lot! Although one should take into consideration randomness, too, so I wouldn't take these routes for granted in every single spawn, although generally they should be correct.
However, on Great Plains I usually rush for the green passage behind the TP route, and I'm oftentimes not disappointed... :hmm: There was a discussion between @Papist and @Kaiserklein on that, with the latter disagreeing with the existence of a good treasure path on this particular map. What do you think?
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Great Plain is random.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Plainly random!
Btw. I didn't really read your notes, so I might have missed something.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

don't know french, but the screenshots are quite enough.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Nice post, there's a few I do differently (2-3 of them, small differences) really nice resource for players who don't know how to scout. I'm sure the commentary also helps you learn WHY to scout those patterns too.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dunno if he wrote it, but a general rule of thumb is that when you scout, apart from heading in the direction where the best tres usually spawns (or best tp), you want to move in such a way that you will not have cross over terrain you already discovered again. Its basically lost scouting time. Which seems kinda obvious but i often see people doing it wrong.

Also be aware of the timings when most agressive vills move their vills to build the fb or travois/tower/tc so you can intercept or harrass it. An explorer sieging a blockhouse uncontested can siege half its hp. And if you have a native you might prevent the wagon from getting to the fbor kill a fb vill
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

umeu wrote:Dunno if he wrote it, but a general rule of thumb is that when you scout, apart from heading in the direction where the best tres usually spawns (or best tp), you want to move in such a way that you will not have cross over terrain you already discovered again. Its basically lost scouting time. Which seems kinda obvious but i often see people doing it wrong.

Also be aware of the timings when most agressive vills move their vills to build the fb or travois/tower/tc so you can intercept or harrass it. An explorer sieging a blockhouse uncontested can siege half its hp. And if you have a native you might prevent the wagon from getting to the fbor kill a fb vill

Yeah, and the worst thing I see (and I've done that for years), is to use your explorer(s) to scout your hunts and your coin treasures, and then find real treasures, you should do that the other way.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

well, i used to do that on nilla mostly, cuz hunts were often so terribad there, that if u dont scout it, u lose the game anyway even if your tres were the best :P but ye should go for the good tres first on EP maps, cuz u know ur hunts iwll be there.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

But if you go for a market start IMO you should search these beaver treasures, since you can get up to 90 free coin from them, meaning you don't have to gather any gold then. :!:
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

pecelot wrote:But if you go for a market start IMO you should search these beaver treasures, since you can get up to 90 free coin from them, meaning you don't have to gather any gold then. :!:

Yes, with vills.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You can lose some VS, I'd just honestly do a small circle with my explorer around my base on GP.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

pecelot wrote:You can lose some VS, I'd just honestly do a small circle with my explorer around my base on GP.

I know, and that's why I say that it's a common mistake even I did for a long time.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

This is one of those things I honestly wouldn't share because people could learn by themselves by just investing the necessary time on it. Giving it away levels up the competition and I don't know if that's good or bad honestly. I guess credits to you for sharing this (feels like easy likes seeking tho).
Anyway, my thoughts on this:
Araucania has 3 spawns, only one has lamas. The other grassy one has decent hunts. The winter one is quite bad for resources (also has big treasures).
Bayou has lvl2 treasures in the middle too sometimes. They just place far enough from TCs where they find place. I think it's the same for lvl3, but they might be placed farther.
Borneo sometimes has 100xp or 145w in the middle that are the best treasures on the map. Otherwise ye, lvl2 treasures are on the sides.
California 150w treasure it's randomly placed (can be on the left too). Most of treasure places around the top right edge since they avoid TCs.
Carolina lvl3 (135w, 1 cdb) are always on the left but lvl2 are often (always?) on the right so even behind TCs.
Deccan has the cows on the plateau on a diamond pattern (usually on RE, more often on EP). Reading the map script I think you can understand where lvl2 treasure places. By playing it I remember them being in the middle part rather than on the sides.
Yellow River has lvl1 and lvl2 treasures everywhere. I think lvl2 tend to avoid TCs more but I'm not sure.
GP is one of the most random maps in terms of treasures. Sides seem more populated but sometimes best treasures are even behind the TC.
GL has lvl1 around TCs and lvl2-lvl3 on the sides. Sheeps on the sides too.
Sonora has mostly lvl1 on the sides of TCs or sometimes lvl2 there. Sometimes there a lvl2 in the middle (on the version without cliff or canyon).
Texas has cows along the trade routes mostly. Sometimes a pair is near top and bottom edge. Treasures are less important, although 1v is good.
Yucatan lvl2 tend to avoid corners so they place like a cross. Corners opposite to TCs have lvl3. Lvl1 are coded to the TCs. This one I learnt back then for nilla tourney.
Image Image Image
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Garja wrote:This is one of those things I honestly wouldn't share because people could learn by themselves by just investing the necessary time on it. Giving it away levels up the competition and I don't know if that's good or bad honestly.

Here we have some tier 1 garja logic, which actually explains most of his opinions about balance, he doesn't want people to improve nor to have his civs nerfed/others buffed.