How to scout RE maps

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: How to scout RE maps

Post by pecelot »

Diarouga wrote:
pecelot wrote:You can lose some VS, I'd just honestly do a small circle with my explorer around my base on GP.

I know, and that's why I say that it's a common mistake even I did for a long time.

Why is it a mistake then? It's not like on Tibet where every single second matters in terms of the treasures, on GP it's quite random, hence IMO you should search for little coin treasures near your base in case of a market start to save VS and after that go further into the unknown!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:This is one of those things I honestly wouldn't share because people could learn by themselves by just investing the necessary time on it. Giving it away levels up the competition and I don't know if that's good or bad honestly.

Here we have some tier 1 garja logic, which actually explains most of his opinions about balance, he doesn't want people to improve nor to have his civs nerfed/others buffed.

Thank you Diarouga for levereging on completely unrelated statements just for your own gain/campaing vs me. Sorry if I don't want direct competitors to improve for free over the time I spent on the game. Good for you if you're fine with that. As for balance/civs, your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
Have a nice day full of salt, like always.
Image Image Image
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Garja wrote:
Diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:This is one of those things I honestly wouldn't share because people could learn by themselves by just investing the necessary time on it. Giving it away levels up the competition and I don't know if that's good or bad honestly.

Here we have some tier 1 garja logic, which actually explains most of his opinions about balance, he doesn't want people to improve nor to have his civs nerfed/others buffed.

Thank you Diarouga for levereging on completely unrelated statements just for your own gain/campaing vs me. Sorry if I don't want direct competitors to improve for free over the time I spent on the game. Good for you if you're fine with that. As for balance/civs, your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

BURN
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

pecelot wrote:
Diarouga wrote:
pecelot wrote:You can lose some VS, I'd just honestly do a small circle with my explorer around my base on GP.

I know, and that's why I say that it's a common mistake even I did for a long time.

Why is it a mistake then? It's not like on Tibet where every single second matters in terms of the treasures, on GP it's quite random, hence IMO you should search for little coin treasures near your base in case of a market start to save VS and after that go further into the unknown!

And more impotantly: figure out wether you have a hunt.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Garja wrote:
Diarouga wrote:

I'm fine with that.
I guess you're just jealous because people like me played less than you but are still better.

Why salt by the way?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Hover over your username in top right of the screen --> Profile --> Edit profile --> Friends & Foes --> Manage foes --> for Garja, enter Diarouga, for Diarouga, enter Garja --> Submit

No more salt :salt:
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Diarouga wrote:

He did also continue by sharing his own views on the matter, though. But yes, neglect that. l-o-l
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

edeholland wrote:Hover over your username in top right of the screen --> Profile --> Edit profile --> Friends & Foes --> Manage foes --> for Garja, enter Diarouga, for Diarouga, enter Garja --> Submit

Trust me, I've tried plenty of time, but every time I have the same message: "You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."

Honestly the solution would be that garja doesn't post his relevant opinions in my thread. He already has a whole forum for it, which is called "Internal EP forum", where he can post all the non senses he wants, and share his wonderful feelings with people who are interested.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

edeholland wrote:Hover over your username in top right of the screen --> Profile --> Edit profile --> Friends & Foes --> Manage foes --> for Garja, enter Diarouga, for Diarouga, enter Garja --> Submit

Nah it doesnt really work because you Can still see that your foe has posted sth ans you Can still watch it if you Want to.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

lordraphael wrote:

Nah it doesnt really work because you Can still see that your foe has posted sth ans you Can still watch it if you Want to.

I would make an effort and not read his posts actually.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

pecelot wrote:
Diarouga wrote:

Because it actually takes a long time to pick up these small treasures in your base, especially since they often spawn on opposite sides of your base or directly behind it. You can waste like 30-40 seconds walking around your base and picking these up, whereas if you had just clicked directly into the unknown (like middle of the map for example), you're very likely to run into something like 90f or the like on the way there. That being said, if it happens to spawn in the front part of your base, where you want to go anyway, you might as well pick it up with your explorer.

Your coin treasures aren't very likely to be stolen anyway unless you delay them too long.

But you don't really lose many vill seconds to pick them up with vills, especially since at least one of them frequently spawns inbetween you and your 2nd hunt, and you want to go in that direction to herd anyway. Sometimes if they're too far you might mine coin instead (especially if it's only a 10c or 20c one, like on Baja California—I think that was the map) and wait until later to pick them up.

In general though, the extra time you get to find better treasures or contest your opponent's treasures is worth more than 70c - 90c you might pick up inside your base.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

Thanks and cool post Diarouga. I don't understand why someone would be worried about the competition being leveled up in a game this old.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Mitoe wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because it actually takes a long time to pick up these small treasures in your base, especially since they often spawn on opposite sides of your base or directly behind it. You can waste like 30-40 seconds walking around your base and picking these up, whereas if you had just clicked directly into the unknown (like middle of the map for example), you're very likely to run into something like 90f or the like on the way there. That being said, if it happens to spawn in the front part of your base, where you want to go anyway, you might as well pick it up with your explorer.

Your coin treasures aren't very likely to be stolen anyway unless you delay them too long.

But you don't really lose many vill seconds to pick them up with vills, especially since at least one of them frequently spawns inbetween you and your 2nd hunt, and you want to go in that direction to herd anyway. Sometimes if they're too far you might mine coin instead (especially if it's only a 10c or 20c one, like on Baja California—I think that was the map) and wait until later to pick them up.

In general though, the extra time you get to find better treasures or contest your opponent's treasures is worth more than 70c - 90c you might pick up inside your base.

Yes, that's the reason.
On Hudson mainly (because the coin treasures are always behind your base but in LOS of the TC), you should just waste 5-10 VS to gather it, it's not a big deal.
Losing a treasure however can be a huge deal, that's what happened to mongo in his game vs mankle on mendocino.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

Sorry for the necro but I've been looking for a good guide concerning the topic and was a bit saddened that the original post has been removed. Is there a good summary concerned with the most efficient scouting of RE maps available?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hopefully @Diarouga still has it on his comp.

Also paging @Diarouga56 @Diarouga64 @Diarouga65 @Diarouga66 @diarouga72 @diarouga73 @diarouga74 etc
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deleted_user wrote:Hopefully @Diarouga still has it on his comp.

Also paging @Diarouga56 @Diarouga64 @Diarouga65 @Diarouga66 @diarouga72 @diarouga73 @diarouga74 etc
You didn't even tag the right account...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

https://ageofempirefrance.forumgaming.f ... er-l-age-1

And use google translation. I don't have the English version on this computer.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Hopefully @Diarouga still has it on his comp.

You didn't even tag the right account...
What kind of middle schooler puts his clan in his forum account
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

also its diarouga with a small d
mad cuz bad
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:https://ageofempirefrance.forumgaming.f ... er-l-age-1

Sorry I can't access the link because I have no login, can you please provide the title of the article so I can search for it on the main web page.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

bepsi wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:https://ageofempirefrance.forumgaming.f ... er-l-age-1

Sorry I can't access the link because I have no login, can you please provide the title of the article so I can search for it on the main web page.
You don't have access to the article on the main web page if you're not logged in. Just make an account it takes 1 minute
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm: