Ninja

Re: H2O's Eco Indian Elephants

Post by deleted_user0 »

Sepoy 200hp. Definitely needs a buff.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

oh yes, their fortress is still fine, thats not the point. Its just that they were allready a very flat civ, and esoc just made them 1 dimensional. Which is not something we want to do, seeing as we are trying to make other 1 dimensional civs less so.

and besides tibet, i dont think china was op ye, strong but not op. and even on tibet they could be beat, as some civs just hardcounter them easily.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Give sowars yber dyber super flails and then they can kill cannons
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: H20 Eco Indian Elephants

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:After the tournament I will have some time. I can do a write up on this strat and the variations for it. It might work vs other things
As much as you and I are both Mankl dick-suckers, I thought that build is brilliant; It appears both different and effective. I thoroughly enjoyed it
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

if mongo do standard ff instead of being greedy, he could won.
china is actually not a greedy civ. their fortress timing is crazy, but after that their unit composition is imcomplete.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Just wanted to say that I always thought the consensus was that china wasnt OP. Was the cav army training time thing ever implemented? Old han nerf seemed a little bit over the top too.

The strat is indeed very cool. I should look at the recs some day.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

H2O lucky he wasn't playing vs @n0eL china
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Recall that colonial china is easily scouted and easily countered.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

>implying h2o scouts and could ever beat noel's colonial china even if scouted
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

If it was a euro civ build to spam a lot of goons, nobody would care but because they are elephants all noobs are sperming their pants :D
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

somppukunkku wrote:If it was a euro civ build to spam a lot of goons, nobody would care but because they are elephants all noobs are sperming their pants :D

Well it's not quite the same because howdah have better initial batching advantage but fall off afterwards, unlike goons, which do the opposite. Also healing OP.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

elephant has huge single HP and can hardly be killed by a few redcoat/skirms. while goons can't survive this.
South Africa mGravitus
Musketeer

Post by mGravitus »

somppukunkku wrote:If it was a euro civ build to spam a lot of goons, nobody would care but because they are elephants all noobs are sperming their pants :D

Not going to lie, when surgeons came into play, I creamed my pants a bit. :lol:
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

just watched it, really nice play indeed considering I lost faith in surgeons years ago
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Actually Id argue its rather different because howdahs have like 16 range, opening up much more kiting ability. Complemented by their large hitpoints and indias ability to easily heal them back up to high hp and you have a unit that functions very differently than a goon.

I kinda liked the howdah urumi army. Howdahs range requires china to smash their shit in, urumis like that :)
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Let's appreciate it for what it is. A ground breaking strat from a guy that is usually as standard as it gets. The whole time I was watching I was wondering what he was planning, then seeing a stable I thought skirm goon, but then I noticed no rax or Agra.. and I'm like.. wait .. is he going Ellie?...

And when I saw 7 howdah around 9 min I just about shit myself! Perfect counter strat and he could have just sat in the base of China and microd the howdah and end it quick but instead went back and added more Ellie's to just slam in without needing micro. Never seen that strat before. Awesome.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mitoe wrote:@Goodspeed I seem to remember when we were all playing India FFs in our obs games it was always pretty easy to beat.
I only recall games against your 1.0 Germans which if there is a hard counter that would be it. Besides, that was a different build and I never once executed it properly
I still doubt the style is viable against the strongest semi-FF civs but this game does show it has a place in the meta.
Austria mongo10
Dragoon

Post by mongo10 »

Tbh that's like with all non standard strats. Do it once, and they work out perfectly and seem broken. Do it again and you'll lose. It's the same with azzy FI. Doing it the first time unexpected it will work out. But if u do it again u end up losing. I am like 100% sure that I can beat that strat if I know it coming after 4-5mins. The thing about standard strats is just that they mostly have no direct counter, so u end up winning by outplaying with micro. For example if u play against russia, they will go always for teh standard 5musk 5coss and there is lterally no counter for it, exept trapping them somehow under the tc or traiding well. But this india strat has just many counters for obvious reasons. But that doesn't mean the strat is bad, just that the strat is not broken.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Just wanted to say that I always thought the consensus was that china wasnt OP. Was the cav army training time thing ever implemented? Old han nerf seemed a little bit over the top too.

The strat is indeed very cool. I should look at the recs some day.
Probably not.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:

Well it's not quite the same because howdah have better initial batching advantage but fall off afterwards, unlike goons, which do the opposite. Also healing OP.

forgrin back at it again @Jerom
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

sirmusket wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Jerom wrote:
Actually Id argue its rather different because howdahs have like 16 range, opening up much more kiting ability. Complemented by their large hitpoints and indias ability to easily heal them back up to high hp and you have a unit that functions very differently than a goon.

Oh look, we said the same thing??!! Weird huh.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I guess you get a pass to tell your opinion only if you are pr 34+ then
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Jerom wrote:

forgrin why you copy jerom?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

goons wouldnt do the trick tbh, cuz they would die and couldnt be healed. goons have other good points, but howdahs have their range and their hp, which is why this works.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Jerom wrote:

Not really. Umeu did copy my post though.