China options in age 4 after esoc Old Han nerf

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

China options in age 4 after esoc Old Han nerf

Post by Atomiswave »

Now after han has been nerfed considerably in esoc, what should China train in age 4? Same age 3 hammer/fail/arquebuster/changdao/crow combo or still stick to nerfed han composition?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: China options in age 4 after esoc Han nerf

Post by fei123456 »

if you don't go reform, why do you go age 4? :)
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Couprider wrote:if you don't go reform, why do you go age 4? :)

Lets say I am playing prolonged team game. Also, maybe han nerf is too harsh, in my opinion it should have been 25%, not 50% hp and dam reduction.
Austria mongo10
Dragoon

Post by mongo10 »

Atomiswave wrote:

Lets say I am playing prolonged team game. Also, maybe han nerf is too harsh, in my opionon it should have been 25%, not 50% hp and dam reduction.

yeah, but if people don't like china and lose against them, they tend to nerf them to the ground.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

mongo10 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

Lets say I am playing prolonged team game. Also, maybe han nerf is too harsh, in my opionon it should have been 25%, not 50% hp and dam reduction.

yeah, but if people don't like china and lose against them, they tend to nerf them to the ground.

Herdables fattening rate and army train points nerf is understandable, but so steep Han nerf is questionable. Currently Han is not even worth sending.....
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Re: China options in age 4 after esoc Old Han nerf

Post by IP Man »

Old Han reforms is still kinda OP. You get imperial units in indusrial for 1000 food. (that is 8k resources for imperial age). basically china has a card in industrial worth 8000-1000=7000 resources. The cost increase for units is basically irrelevant because you are going to send that card after you get big mass anyways.
Austria mongo10
Dragoon

Post by mongo10 »

Atomiswave wrote:
mongo10 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Herdables fattening rate and army train points nerf is understandable, but so steep Han nerf is questionable. Currently Han is not even worth sending.....

Well, the army train point nerf makes no sense actually, herdables might be okay, but that already kinda implies how china atm is, only viable on lifestock maps and now even struggling more against eco semi ffs, while they struggeled against that before already.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

mongo10 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, the army train point nerf makes no sense actually, herdables might be okay, but that already kinda implies how china atm is, only viable on lifestock maps and now even struggling more against eco semi ffs, while they struggeled against that before already.

Bear in mind that China also has unit creation wonders, so having rack that trained faster than other civs racks was a bit unbalanced.

Biggest issue is China got nothing to compensate for 3 nerfs that are not so small in practice.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

uninstall game or patch esoc. I go play civ 6. very happy.
I read every day and watch every tournament . but I don't answer. I can't chat at my phone.
goodbye all stupid logic(noob)
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

I don't think it's worth to send old han now.
In age 4, you would want at least a 30% attack and HP at least for free.
Now you have to pay for the shipment and your units are more expansive, and it only upgrades shit units (because bow/pike sucks).
Honestly old han was fine, just don't let china age to the 4th, it's really easy.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Diarouga wrote:I don't think it's worth to send old han now.
Now you have to pay for the shipment and your units are more expansive, and it only upgrades shit units (because bow/pike sucks).
Honestly old han was fine, just don't let china age to the 4th, it's really easy.

What are alternative cards now? Manchu combat and western reforms along with largest changdao/fail/hammer/arquebuster/2 inf crow shipments?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Diarouga wrote:In age 4, you would want at least a 30% attack and HP at least for free.

Because other civs get it :uglylol:
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Atomiswave wrote:
Diarouga wrote:I don't think it's worth to send old han now.

What are alternative cards now? Manchu combat and western reforms along with largest changdao/fail/hammer/arquebuster/2 inf crow shipments?

Honestly the alternative is just don't age 4 :P
In late game I'd probably still send old han but that's only if I'm almost 200/200 with bows.