5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by Jaeger »

French 5 huss semi ff:

Make a TP in transition if you haven't made one already in age 1.

Ship 3CDB>4CDB>700g>700w (or save this shipment for unit in fortress if you think you will need to)

Age up to colonial with 400w, and to fortress with the fast-age option.

In transition to colonial, get placer mines from the market and hunting dogs if you haven't already. Gather resources for steel traps

From the 400w, make a stable and 2 houses, and make a batch of 5 hussars. Use the hussars to raid or to defend at home.

If you are being pressured, synchronize the hussars with minutemen, so that the hussars in melee mode will slow down the enemy army while the
minutemen do damage from the back. If you are being heavily pressured, you might need to send 8 crossbowmen card before or after the 700g, try to time it with the hussars and the minutemen.

Get gangsaw from the market in transition to fortress.

If you're not being pressured you should be up to fortress around 7:40

This build is good against slower starting civs such as british or India, or against civs which go fortress themselves such as china. You can do a variation of this vs Japan by making 10 pikemen and sieging shrines, or by making 10 musketeers against Spain.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by _venox_ »

thanks' I like you wrote it
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by forgrin »

Hey, noob here just learning strats, nicely written I just have one question. How do you get the res for steel traps/ placer mines/hunting dogs and the wood for the TP both in transition? I've been using a 8f/6w then g vill split during transition, do you switch more on to wood and spare the food by delaying gangsaw and greatcoat?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by _venox_ »

With some discovery treasures getting gangsaw in advance should be no problem, then he switches all of them to wood to quickly get up the tp then placer then 125 for steel and distributing it like 6-8 or 7-7. Gather the 400w with 3 vills tasked on 1 crate so that after they finish that crate they automatically distribute onto the other 3 crates, and 125w + 100w means you can decide for a quick stable up or still steel traps or even use it for trading post + stable if you go 700w (houses) 4v 700c
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by _venox_ »

Also get both villager upgrades at the market if being pressured and watch some H2o stuff to know how to fight with villagers.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

ovi12 wrote:French 5 huss semi ff:

Make a TP in transition if you haven''t made one already in age 1.

Ship 3CDB>4CDB>700g>700w (or save this shipment for unit in fortress if you think you will need to)

In transition to colonial, get placer mines from the market and hunting dogs if you haven''t already. Gather resources for steel traps

From the 400w, make a stable and 2 houses, and make a batch of 5 hussars. Use the hussars to raid or to defend at home.

If you are being pressured, synchronize the hussars with minutemen, so that the hussars in melee mode will slow down the enemy army while the
minutemen do damage from the back. If you are being heavily pressured, you might need to send 8 crossbowmen card before or after the 700g, try to time it with the hussars and the minutemen.

If you''re not being pressured you should be up to fortress around 7:40

This build is good against slower starting civs such as british or India, or against civs which go fortress themselves such as china. You can do a variation of this vs Japan by making 10 pikemen and sieging shrines, or by making 10 musketeers against Spain.

Most india player rush so you need to scout if he 10/10 or just try to find agra if he goes devensiv i think 5 huss semi can work, but vs 10/10 i dont think huss start is good
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

kingofosmane wrote:

Make a TP in transition if you havent made one already in age 1.

In transition to colonial, get placer mines from the market and hunting dogs if you havent already. Gather resources for steel traps

If youre not being pressured you should be up to fortress around 7:40

Most india player rush so you need to scout if he 10/10 or just try to find agra if he goes devensiv i think 5 huss semi can work, but vs 10/10 i dont think huss start is good

10/10 sucks. If he goes 10/10, everything you do is good.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

diarouga wrote:
kingofosmane wrote:Most india player rush so you need to scout if he 10/10 or just try to find agra if he goes devensiv i think 5 huss semi can work, but vs 10/10 i dont think huss start is good
10/10 sucks. If he goes 10/10, everything you do is good.
Lets say he ages with 12 vills agressiv fort and rushes musk>' cav for sure
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

kingofosmane wrote:
diarouga wrote:10/10 sucks. If he goes 10/10, everything you do is good.
Lets say he ages with 12 vills agressiv fort and rushes musk>' cav for sure
Dont fight his musk with your cav, raid, send 8bows if you need it ( sometimes cdbs are enough), then age3 and 8skirm.
France iNcog
Ninja

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by iNcog »

I'd say if I scout a 10/10, I scout it before actually getting to Colonial. I would just transfer some coin vills to gather food and do a 10 musk or something semi (with minutes and TC fire).

I think you could win with a hussar start against a 10/10 however I'm not sure if that's the optimal solution? Just wondering out loud.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by mnogud »

well i feel it is better to make 5 cav ad queue one more hussar.Hussars take i thik 45 secs to train. If ur opponent is germans and decides tp make 14 cav you will lose if you have 5. So i feel it is better to keep one in queue and cancel if not pressured
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

mnogud wrote:well i feel it is better to make 5 cav ad queue one more hussar.Hussars take i thik 45 secs to train. If ur opponent is germans and decides tp make 14 cav you will lose if you have 5. So i feel it is better to keep one in queue and cancel if not pressured
Do not semi ff vs germany...
You have to musk/huss.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

diarouga wrote:
kingofosmane wrote:Lets say he ages with 12 vills agressiv fort and rushes musk>' cav for sure
Dont fight his musk with your cav, raid, send 8bows if you need it ( sometimes cdbs are enough), then age3 and 8skirm.

I mean musk>' huss as french vs india :p
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by mnogud »

diarouga wrote:
mnogud wrote:well i feel it is better to make 5 cav ad queue one more hussar.Hussars take i thik 45 secs to train. If ur opponent is germans and decides tp make 14 cav you will lose if you have 5. So i feel it is better to keep one in queue and cancel if not pressured
Do not semi ff vs germany...
You have to musk/huss.
this post is abt cav semi :p on siberia musk huss wont work.... in general also i feel musk huss wont work if germans get ealy tp.... BS vs sam proves it...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by _venox_ »

Most pros will dislike the idea but imo goon cuir with some skirm support and 12 swiss pikes are nice against fortress germany, the pikes even if useless scare all cav away long enough for the cuiraser to do their job vs skirms imo. But else france just has 2 falcs and ger has all they want in fortress
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

mnogud wrote:
diarouga wrote:Do not semi ff vs germany...
You have to musk/huss.
this post is abt cav semi :p on siberia musk huss wont work.... in general also i feel musk huss wont work if germans get ealy tp.... BS vs sam proves it...
You still need to musk huss
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

venox wrote:Most pros will dislike the idea but imo goon cuir with some skirm support and 12 swiss pikes are nice against fortress germany, the pikes even if useless scare all cav away long enough for the cuiraser to do their job vs skirms imo. But else france just has 2 falcs and ger has all they want in fortress
You can also pike in age2.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by CuCkO0 »

I don't like sending 700w like that, I mean you're just about to go age3, why not wait some seconds and send 1k? Anyways my point is id rather wait until age 3 for a better wood shipment or send military ships like 8 skirm

if you're that desperate for a rax or whatever it is you're using it for I'd chop for it or in some cases if you have excess coin, trade at market.

Unless you're under such severe pressure that forces you to play age 2, then 700w is fine :D

I personally always like to put 3-4 during transition to 3 anyway and keep them there
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

cucko0 wrote:I don''t like sending 700w like that, I mean you''re just about to go age3, why not wait some seconds and send 1k? Anyways my point is id rather wait until age 3 for a better wood shipment or send military ships

if you''re that desperate for a rax or whatever it is you''re using it for I''d chop for it or in some cases if you have excess coin, trade at market.

Unless you''re under such severe pressure that forces you to play age 2, then 700w is fine :D

Most timings are better with 700w.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by Marco1698 »

Make a TP in transition if you haven''t made one already in age 1.

In transition to colonial, get placer mines from the market and hunting dogs if you haven''t already. Gather resources for steel traps

If you''re not being pressured you should be up to fortress around 7:40

I watched an old replay and Semi-ff was 3cdb 4cdb 700g age up. Recently it''s been added the tp during transition and 700w to make rax houses and sometimes a second tp. I think Semi-ff can works vs almost of the civs. It''s a nice strategy as fre.
France benj89
Howdah

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

Post by benj89 »

i would do 15-20musk semi as fr vs spain tho, otherwise you won't get the tower and there is no point to semi
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

5 Huss Semi-FF (French)

benj89 wrote:i would do 15-20musk semi as fr vs spain tho, otherwise you won''t get the tower and there is no point to semi.

Yes and with a TP which allows you to send 700w.